Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2112 View Post
most of his woes came from the tail performance.
Not a problem for the 450X, the gyro is a beastx and the tail servo is a spectrum (made by savox, so probably the same as you would fine in the align kit).

I say get the 450X, beastx is a great gyro and worth $200+ by itself... makes for a very good value heli.
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

WOW. Apparently Blade has come a long way recently. I was expecting this thread to be a no brainer in favor or the Pro. Nice.

Rick
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

No doubt the 450x is a HUGE step forward. My only complaint about the 450x was that the motor/esc felt a bit lacking.. at least compared to my mini protos. Granted, the mini protos is in a completely different class in terms of quality and price. But that said, I didn't get to dial the 450x in as much as I would have liked and I was taming it down for someone else

I think the b400/b450 were pretty good for their time, other than the servos/gyro. Unfortunately the servo/gyro might be the most important part of a helicopter flying well. While not pleasant to work on, the b400 was durable and lightweight.

Even if you outgrow the 450x in a couple months (that'd be a pretty hard thing to do) you get to walk away with a DSMX receiver/Flybarless unit that would cost $250 by itself. Basically the b450x from ampdraw at $400 is like a $150 helicopter. And the 300x at $315 is like a $65 helicopter. If I need a new FBL unit one day I might just get the 300x just to see how it flies.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 can't beat the value for something that flies so good out of the box with a lil bit of fine tuning and checking for locktite. Super simple straight forward design, and cheap stock parts, wouldn't add bling to it except the tail servo holder, stock plastic one don't fit tight, a heli that works, stable, enough power to do most of the maneuvers, no complain, but after 30+ flights stock motor smells funky though, replaced with scorpion 6, now its a real rocket to fly. Stock esc is really good too for me, no problems so far. Will pick up the 300x and 130x to beat the heck out of those too. So far really happy with blade products for what they are worth.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flies great out of the box ( which does not mean skip the pre-flight checks)

Infact i would go as far to say no matter what skill level you are, there will be a setting to suit all.
retired to the black bin bag!!

Flying_Amp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got a trex 450 pro V2 with the new ar7200bx and its nothing short of awesome.
I do see where a newb might have some issues with the torque tube up until they got good at landing it. once you get a good grasp on landing your heli the torque tube is better in my opinion.

I also had a B450 3D that I converted to being flybarless and I used eflite's 440H motor when I did the conversion (the same motor as whats in the 450X) and I personally believe its junk. It eats bearings up constantly and eventually tears up the main shaft after which you cannot find any replacement parts except for the bearings themselves.

I do have to admit that the B450 taught me a lot but if I had to do it all over again I would have just got the trex 450 pro to begin with. It is hands down a better helicopter with much greater potential. And you learn so much more about your helicopter and its functionality when you have to build it yourself verses just binding and flying

Just my personal opinion
JETI USA
www.MSHUSA.com, www.MSheli.com
mamartin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all the info, and I've heard good arguments both ways, but I think I've changed my mind and am leaning towards the 450 X. I'll have to buy more batteries and a better charger, but I'll need that in the future anyways. Thanks fellas!
uninc4life2010 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you will be happy. And, HH's customer support is second to none.
MiataJohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

PM sent, I will have an iCharger posted very soon if your interested. Ask anyone in the forum.
The iCharger 206B and P350 will be perfect as a starter charger and charge anything you will need.
irishmatt18 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If I was buying new, I would also probably go with the 450X, seems very solid, and that 7200 receiver is amazing. I do love my 450 Pro, but the price on the 450X is very, very hard to beat.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

yep i would go the 450x as well. if your new at helis, a build kit in my opinion is the wrong way to go - you have very little idea of how a heli works, so no point in building one

with the 450x you can fly it out of the box - sure, servos may strip and need replacing - but once you have had a little experience flying, you can do small rebuild projects learning a little about helis each time you do it and in the meantime building a really good heli with quality parts.
i think if i had of started with a build kit it would have taken me 10 times as long as i didnt have the skills or knowledge to build a heli so would be adding a LOT of research time to the build
bundydeity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A little advantage of the 450X over the Pro is that when it comes time to repair it, there are videos made from Horizon Hobbies on how to repair it/what to screw and unscrew. They are located here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...F&feature=plcp . BTW I was on the same position as you a week ago and chose the 450X. Couldnt be happier with it and it needed nothing but a bind on my Tx.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmatheextreme View Post
A little advantage of the 450X over the Pro is that when it comes time to repair it, there are videos made from Horizon Hobbies on how to repair it/what to screw and unscrew. They are located here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...F&feature=plcp . BTW I was on the same position as you a week ago and chose the 450X. Couldnt be happier with it and it needed nothing but a bind on my Tx.
Hmmm, with the Pro you have to build it, so when it's time to repair it, you already know how. There are plenty of build videos available.

Helis I've had: Trex 500, Compass 500, MCPX, Nano CPX
bstanley72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundydeity View Post
yep i would go the 450x as well. if your new at helis, a build kit in my opinion is the wrong way to go - you have very little idea of how a heli works, so no point in building one
That's the point in building one. You use the manual and the many build videos that are available. By the time you are finished you will have every idea how a heli works. Besides, it's a lot of fun. In my opinion, it's the best way go. I started with two RTF helis and didn't really learn a thing until I built one.

Helis I've had: Trex 500, Compass 500, MCPX, Nano CPX
bstanley72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a 450X thinking that the RTF route would take the "me screwing up the build" variable out of the loop. Of course, I crashed it hard several times right out of the chute and I'm now an expert at completely rebuilding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanley72 View Post
That's the point in building one. You use the manual and the many build videos that are available. By the time you are finished you will have every idea how a heli works. Besides, it's a lot of fun. In my opinion, it's the best way go. I started with two RTF helis and didn't really learn a thing until I built one.
Rodney Kirstine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you take the align 3gx out of the equation the pro would win hands down.

The 450x flies great out of the box only if you tame it down to your skill level. You still need to muck around with dual rates expo and throttle / pitch curves and tail gain to ensure it flies right for your flying style.
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5973 View Post

The 450x flies great out of the box only if you tame it down to your skill level. You still need to muck around with dual rates expo and throttle / pitch curves and tail gain to ensure it flies right for your flying style.
And getting the Pro to respond to your skill levels doesn't require some tuning, 3GX or not??

Sounds like quibbles to me!

Most of these posts (one way or another) sound like the OP is marrying the heli for life! Believe me, there will be more after the first heli!
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5973 View Post

And a trex450 wouldn't require you to "muck around" with all that too?

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailid View Post
And a trex450 wouldn't require you to "muck around" with all that too?

no the trex pro is intuitve just knows how you want to fly and does it for you
no tx required
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmatt18 View Post
PM sent, I will have an iCharger posted very soon if your interested. Ask anyone in the forum.
The iCharger 206B and P350 will be perfect as a starter charger and charge anything you will need.
This is my setup and it works great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in