Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 Pro Help PLEASE

Ok I bought super combo and am currently building it. I have a few questions(and gripes).

The swashplate is awfully tight. I mean the servos I am sure will have no problem moving it around, but the rubber around the inner ball seems like a really tight fit when I move it around manually. I showed this to a couple of guys in my local club and they both said that their helis (one a TREX 600) are very smooth and this does not seem right.

So my question is that is this normal for the Pro? Is it because it is new? I tried greasing it a little but it did not make much of a difference.

Also, the gear on the main shaft is a little warped where it connects to the torque tube gears. It is not binding at all and everything is smooth but it is noticeable if you look at it. This gear came pre-assembled. Do you think that this is a problem?

Lastly, those servo wires are ridiculously fragile. It is very hard to not scrape off all the insulation when screwing the two front servos in. I now need to fix BOTH of mine...

Last edited by j1e2f3f; 10-05-2009 at 12:13 PM..
j1e2f3f is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just finished my Pro two weeks ago and it is a great machine. My swash is perfectly smooth. I used JR servos, so I didn't have to deal with the Align servo wires, and yes the tail drive gear wobbles a little but after about 30 flights it has not been an issue.l
T6driver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I just have no idea what could have caused the swash to be so sticky.

I'm going to take it off the main shaft tonight and mess with it to see if I can free it up.

Anyone else have any ideas what would cause this?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've had my 450 Pro for a few months now and I love it. I think it is normal for the swash to be tight when new, esp if you are trying to move the ball by hand, but once you have all the links together it should feel very smooth and easy to move. The mechanical advantage in mixing arms helps with this.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

"I just finished my Pro two weeks ago and it is a great machine. My swash is perfectly smooth. I used JR servos, so I didn't have to deal with the Align servo wires, and yes the tail drive gear wobbles a little but after about 30 flights it has not been an issue."

T6driver's experience mirrors mine exactly!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys.

It still felt pretty tight when all the links are together. If I disconnect the servos and move the swash around by the flybar or cage it takes some force to move. Not a lot but it is definitely not smooth. I may try to fully assemble it and spin the baldes up a few times and see if it loosens up at all.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you lube the swashplate?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I tried that too. It helped, but it did not fix it.

Does the swashlpate come apart?
Old 10-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is the swash tight with all the links connected? if so you may have some binding somewhere else in the head. Try it with no links on there.

A horse is a sphere if it makes the numbers easier
Ring Leader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah that is what I thought too so I did disconnect everything and moved the swash around on the shaft just by holding the two front ball links and it was still pretty tight.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

mine is still new and moves very freely without arms attached. I did have to replace a brand new servo during my build , due to the ridiculously fragile insulation. the servos perform well, but rewireing them is on my list of must do's.
PittJitsu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just disconnected the swashplate from the flybar cage and found out what was binding. The swashplate is fine but it starts binding when I connect the radius arms to the swash.

These are the non-adjustable links that are causing it to bind. I don't even have the links that I made connected and it is doing this. It seems like the links coming from the flybar cage are too small. I mean they fit on but cause it to bind.

After looking at the manual forever I finally noticed that in the pictures of the head assembly it says 0 1 on the radius arm link and on the radius arm link that I have it says 0 2.

Can someone else look at their head and let me know what it says? Are these the wrong radius arms on my head? Or am I missing something?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SAME ON MINE

j1e2fjf The tight swash IS from the radius arms. I had to loosen them by squeezing them while on the swash with some pliers. Then is was perfect. It worried me too but is really easy to fix.

Yes, the insulation is CRAP of the best kind and should be force fed to the ones who actually decided to use that insulation (to think they call themselve engineers). Then they should walk around town with all the wires all of us bought with our hard earned money, epoxied to thier faces for all time. That CRAP is like a soft moist candy coating. Worthless.

You will love the pro though. Almost 300 flights and no problems at all. Just CRAPPY servo wirre.

Good luck
Mike2112 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2009, 06:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL Thanks for the reply Mike2112. I'll try that.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks like that gimbal bearing is press fit into the swash. Could be a quality control issue.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1e2f3f View Post
Lastly, those servo wires are ridiculously fragile. It is very hard to not scrape off all the insulation when screwing the two front servos in. I now need to fix BOTH of mine...
I had the same problem, after 3 flight I noticed the some very jerky movements in pitch, When I investigated I notice that I had managed to nick a servo wire with a cable tie. Shorted against the frame and I think blew 2 servos. Changed them out to Hitec 5065MG's and was very careful this time with my wiring!
JezII is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
450 pro, build, help a newbie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in