Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking 5TH FLIGHT SUCCESS

Well finally after 4 flights, 3 crashes & about £500 qid later, today i had the best flights yet iv got the rex blinged up to the hilt, & previously it has cost me dearly in the pocket..but to say that im very persistant when it comes to somethink i love, so i kept on spending & kept on crashing, & after a dozon posts later, iv finally got the problem solved it was me would you beleive it after this rebuild the heli was set up perfectly so iv spooled up sprayed the belt with the graphite. then i LISTENED TO THE REPLY'S I RECEIVED EARLIER, so thanks firstly to ultraviolet, he made a lot of sence & had the decency to point out my problems on different occasions well i got it today cheers for your input. also thanks to kraaijer he was right i did have a cg problem with my 2200mah 6s batts they were placed far to back, i lowered them about three inches & they worked perfectly cheers so today i had 4 flawless flights, nothing special just getting some flight time & i must say, i learned on G3 & i could fly like a demon, but its not quite the same as the real thing well i dont think it is..after the graphite spray went on i took it easy just did a couple of figure 8's on the spot piro's & the spartan & 9257 it awesome speed and stopping power is nearly unbeleivable til you see it what a gyro.i noticed as well, that the heli the way i was flying it no wounder it crashed i was jamming far to much cyclic with collective to do a move, not realising how light and powerfull so i eased of the collective a bit & 4 flights no crashes even did my first auto i was only 5 feet up like, but still it was nice and smooth.. those sab carbons combined with the align carbon tail blades makes that tail unmovable you can spin it round that quick its hard to see then stop and it stops like a car hitting a wall great also thanks to bob cheers you freaks
jackp1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2008, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Jack,

That's great news! I'm glad you're now experiencing what most of us have come to love!
docjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

yeah up to now all iv been experiencing was being a skint heli mechanic, i no one thing im keeping off sims.. i suppose there good to learn orientation & a few moves, but as for doing 4 feet high on the spot chaos no problem,but as for doing one on my actual heli not a chance in hell, yet still just gonna stick with simple stuff till i get a real feel for the heli..
jackp1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2008, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackp1 View Post
yeah up to now all iv been experiencing was being a skint heli mechanic, i no one thing im keeping off sims.. i suppose there good to learn orientation & a few moves, but as for doing 4 feet high on the spot chaos no problem,but as for doing one on my actual heli not a chance in hell, yet still just gonna stick with simple stuff till i get a real feel for the heli..
Spoken like a true veteran. Everyone looks really good on the SIM. But you can't replace real-life experience. You're right that as far as the essentials for certain moves, the SIM is good for learning but you have to take it out to the field and practice there. I usually find that when I'm trying a new move, my crash incidents increase until I get a good feel for it in real life. Good luck to you!
docjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in