Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New to AR7200BX so questions...

Just installed an AR7200BX in my Rave ENV 90 and have a few q's.
1. I had a Beast X in an old Trex 600 I sold but I still have the Beast X updater, can I use that with the AR72200BX? Should I update to the latest V?
2. Setup is a breeze with these things but how about Parameter trimming? Is there a discussion of that somewhere here? Specifically are you guys having better luck with the "canned" Beast X flight parameters or do most of you use the Transmitter to adjust expo, etc. Thanks
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have four of these things running and have yet to change a pot setting or a parameter other than Parm B for TX control. I think most people use TX control.

As far as the other parameters, Horizon has a video for the 450X that shows the symptoms that can be fixed with parameter settings. That is the best resource I have seen so far that shows how to use the paraemeter settings.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK I think I will use Tx control then. I flew my Rave today, 2 10 minute flights, and while it flew great and obviously operated fine I ended up with the cyclic response on 'high" but it is still too slow when doing ticktocs and stuff especially in roll. I haven't tried "very high" yet. The piro rate is still too low and i don't know how to increase that yet. I have control behavior on "pro". I don't consider myself "extreme" LOL.

Can anyone describe how the TX controls cyclic rate, expo, and piro rate if I choose "transmitter" in the control behavior menu? I remember the Trex 600 I used a Beast X in was totally set and forget, i was perfectly happy with the basic setup and default parameters. But the Rave is too slow in all axes so i gotta perk it up.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

cyclic responce (parameter G) only controls the responce around the stick neutral area and out a tad further. It has nothing to do with the roll, pitch or yaw rate. This is all controled by endpoints just as increasing the endpoint in a heading hold tail gyro increases piro rate (yaw) Set it to extreme and see how you like it but do not use any expo in the canned settings (normal, sport , pro, etc.) If still not fast enough for you go to tx mode and start with endpoints at about 80 on ail, ele and rudder and move them up to get the behavior you want. Expo will be needed to calm things a bit around center to your liking. Dual rates can be used so you can switch from mild to wild. It is all up to you. Carefull with rudder endpoints as there is a point where the tail will go into free wheel and not be heading hold controled and a blistering fast piro rate. Read the manual on that as I can't remember about how high the endpoints need to be to activate that but it shows on the status led in some way.
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for a great answer, sure appreciate it. Sounds like Tx control is they way to go but i may go back to setup and see if I can get a little more cyclic travel. I like to have all my heli's about the same rates. I don't use dual rates but i like different headspeed flying, although that doesn't work so well with nitro's.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can the Beast X updater dongle be used with the AR7200BX?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by husafreak View Post
think i saw somewhere that there was now software that worked with the ARBX. I think the adapter worked but there was no software. The other and perhaps more important question is if there anything to update to. I think people were starting to use the software for some micro-settings that you could not access with the button and lights.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Quote:
It sure can works perfectly
Old 09-26-2012, 03:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks for a great answer, sure appreciate it. Sounds like Tx control is they way to go but i may go back to setup and see if I can get a little more cyclic travel. I like to have all my heli's about the same rates. I don't use dual rates but i like different headspeed flying, although that doesn't work so well with nitro's.
Unless your heli is extremely limited in cyclic going back to increase the throw here will have no effect if you stay in Pro mode. For this to have an effect your heli would have to have been maxed out and be being limited by the physical lack of throw at L. In my experience this is extremely unlikely. If you are flying pro, as in any mode, the MB will be in control, and the slow rates you are observing will be as a direct result of choosing that mode. Don't forget the MB 'allows' a certain roll rate for a given stick position. Giving the heli more throw the MB will still 'allow' that same rotation rate.

What you need to do is give it more stick, so the MB knows you want more, and this can only be accomplished by sending larger signals from the Tx. Once these larger signals are received, the MB will then attempt to deliver faster rates, which it will do. Larger and larger signals from the TX will at some point make you reach the physical limit set at L, which is when increasing the throw available at L might have an effect, but right now I strongly suspect you are far from that point.

To confirm your findings, I can advise that when I got my first MB, and used it on my 450 pro, I found all of the modes, including extreme, to be too slow for me. I spent only a few packs working out that where I needed to be was Tx mode with my end points, travel adjust, increased to well above 100% before the rate got back to even close to where I expected it and liked it.

Try extreme, it will likely still be too slow. Then try Tx mode. Since you like it fast, start out with your ATVs at 90 or 95%, and work up. Usually 110% should see you max out the bird in terms of its physical abilities, but occasionally can take more on certain transmitters, possibly even up to as much as 150% has been reported, and confirmed as possibly being necessary by the team from BeastX.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will head out today and try Tx mode. I found a sticky thread with personal setups and 9 of 10 are using Tx mode with the ranges you suggested, thanks! Unfortunately for me I have a Rave, while the Rave is a great heli the geometry is optimized for the Total G and the throws are too large for most other systems, meaning I needed to use small JR servo wheels, so my cyclic limits are limited by the balls on the servo wheels hitting the servo bodies It is still a ton of cyclic travel at the swash though. I had gotten used to Vbar setup which does not use Tx settings but I am familiar with them from the old days.

Good to hear that I can use the updater I have. But it may not be necessary as someone mentioned on the setup sticky he knew a guy had V3 because he had Parameter G and H. Since I have that I assume my new AR7200BX is a current version.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a bunch more flights in Tx mode, I am happy with piro, coll, and elev rates but sensitivity or should I say quickness in cyclic could be faster. I did multiple stationary rolls and flips at full stick until I had adjusted the max travel the motor can sustain. But doing Tictocs, particularly aileron ones the reversals are just too slow. And with a YS90DS and JR8717 that ain't the problem. I haves another non FBL blade set I can try that should liven it up but maybe there is something else I should do in parameters, or maybe it is time to try a pot adjustment? The Beast is performing great though, I am being pretty finicky now.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

have you increased parameter G (cyclic sensitivety) and tried tic tocks. Is the aileron roll rate enough ? Increase aileron endpoints some more ?
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK I will try and increase para G next. I had put it back to default when I went to tx control. The ail travel is at 105% now and if I do continuous roll the moor can just take it, at 110% it starts to bog. My elev is at 110%. It is just slow to change directions. Like an ail tictoc, it does them great just not quickly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in