Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > mQX

mQX Blade mQX Quad Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How do y'all fly these things?

I've gotten comfortable enough with hovering in all aspects and puttering around my land that I took the mQx out to a large pasture. Holy cow! How do y'all see this thing? I kept losing orientation as I couldn't tell which way the dot was facing. Fortunately, the field was just mowed, so I was able to find them. Did a LOT of walking this morning
gregofgod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just try not to fly out farther than 100-125' or so. Somewhere around the 150' mark is when I start having problems, mostly overreacting because movement seems more diminished when you're far out.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep just don't fly too far away from yourself. Orange props in the front helps quite abit as well. I fly at a soccer field mostly and just fly the length of that.
Crazy Canadian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The little boogers are fast. It would get 100 yards away toot sweet. I'm a noob and have just hovered around. This was my first open field experience and I found out real quick you can't fly a small dot. What's real crazy is a kept doing it. Let the bird off the leash

I did crash one of them good enough to knock a gear down a bit. Simple fix when I got back home.

Last edited by gregofgod; 11-06-2013 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: Forgot
Old 11-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I first started flying mine, I was definitely flying too far, too fast and trying to do too much. I'm having more fun and crashing less now. I've been focusing on more precise video game / movie movements... (is that considered scale flight?) hover/circle-strafe tree canopies one at a time like I'm searching for vermin... well, I actually am, but that doesn't really matter. lol I'm also practicing more complex maneuvers at slower speeds, in smaller spaces with more obstacles. And I love the 10 minute flight times on stock batteries. It's good for a breather when my ncpx or mcpx is cooling down.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where are y'all getting the orange blades? I hear you about the vermin thang. I love ticking off squirrels. I tripped over a cat more than once and actually tipped my 400 and cost me some blades. These are most excellent for cat control. Fun little machines, I just can't believe how fast they are.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did something very simple to improve visibility. I sprayed the front of the canopy and the tips of all blades in a light green and very visible colour. Whenever the mQX gets away from me too far I simply turn it around until I can see the green nose. Then I know that it's pointed towards me and can fly it home. This works extremely well for me.

Last edited by ManInAGarden; 11-09-2013 at 05:22 AM..
ManInAGarden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregofgod View Post
Where are y'all getting the orange blades? I hear you about the vermin thang. I love ticking off squirrels. I tripped over a cat more than once and actually tipped my 400 and cost me some blades. These are most excellent for cat control. Fun little machines, I just can't believe how fast they are.
I love chasing away crows and squirrels. They really freak out. I don't chase away any of the 'good' birds, but they all stay away from my flight area...

I ordered some orange and black blades from banggood a while ago, they still haven't arrived. Supposedly they perform better than the stock blades. I dunno cause I haven't been able to try them yet.

http://www.banggood.com/GWS-EP-5443-...r-p-81818.html
Old 11-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just buy my orange blades from my LHS. They are a Blade product so you should be able to get them where you get your parts. And I have actually had birds chase my mqx around, a lot of fun!
Crazy Canadian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have an LHS, unless I want to drive an 80 mile round trip, which I did once and prolly never again. The kid behind the counter was a snot!

I have an order from Bangood for some tail blades from about a month. Haven't heard a peep.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can of spray paint made for plastic works well on the cheap.
52Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my blades from Banggood in earlier today. I flew them for one flight then switched back to oem. They're lighter and much thinner. They spin faster. The material is more flexible. It's not that they fly badly, but I hit LVC at 9m on a battery I usually get 12 minutes without hitting LVC. They felt less responsive in hard banks and turns.

The factory blades fly with much more authority. They spin slower but have far more lift. Hard banking turns and putting on the brakes were much more precise.

It was a bit breezy, but I'd rather put the money towards the more expensive Blade product than order more.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

If you're using the RTF transmitter you push in on the left stick and watch for the red LED to start blinking. That puts it 50% dual rate mode.
It's a tamer switch for the MQX. Makes it easier to fly. You do have to do that every time you power on the transmitter.
When you get comfortable with flying just push the stick in again to return it to normal.
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
If you're using the RTF transmitter you push in on the left stick and watch for the red LED to start blinking. That puts it 50% dual rate mode.
It's a tamer switch for the MQX. Makes it easier to fly. You do have to do that every time you power on the transmitter.
When you get comfortable with flying just push the stick in again to return it to normal.
I have a DX6i set at 100 INH. I started with it tamed down.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in