Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 255

Hurricane 255 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 255

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rudder Gain

I thought it would be cool to compare notes on the rudder of the X2 with Microbeast.

I have my rudder gain set to 40% on both Rate and Heading Hold modes.

My Microbeast is set to the gain presetting in parameters that is inbetween factory setting and the lowest setting. I think its a flashing red light. I havent touched the trim pot with the screwdriver so its still set to factory setting.

If I raise my gain remotely at this setting to anything above 41-42% I start to get a small wag manifesting.

Where do you all have your rudder gain set at?
glarepro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

40% on what? Your transmitter? For example, a DX6i has a different range than a DX8 tx.

A good indicator as to HH amount is to checked the led letter on the BeastX.
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, 40% on my Transmitter. I said I raised the gain "remotely" to 40%.

I just want to know if you guys have the rudder gain preset in parameters to factory setting which is solid red, or something different. I had to drop down one level to blinking red because in solid red even with gain at 20% I was still getting wag. At one step under at blinking red I have the gain set at 40%, no wag. Any higher and I get wag. I just want to compare notes. A pro I talked to said he has his X2 with microbeast set on solid red for the parameter tail gain and about 30% gain on his transmitter. I want to know what you guys have yours set to.
glarepro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry I didn't read between the lines. Even if you said 'remotely', 40% doesn't mean a thing if I don't know what TX you are using. Even between the same brand of radios the gain is different (for instance DX6i to DX8). I'm also assuming you are talking gyro gain (at least that's what it's called on the Spektrum line). This is why I said it would be better to talk in terms of gain seen in the BeastX. It's way more universal, provided you are using the Beast.

Your gain setting can also be different with a different tail servo. Are you running the kit servo? It seems that there is too much mechanical advantage with the X2. I couldn't get the stock servo HH gain high enough. I went and made another hole closer on the servo horn. I can still get max tail throws easily, but it allowed me to raise my HH gain in the BeastX. I went from somewhere around a B-C to an F. And from what I've read on the BeastX forums, a HH value that low means the tail has too much mechanical advantage.

I'm also running HSC gears, so that too can play a role in HH rates.

Personally, I'd try to get your BeastX HH values close to F. After that, go through the tuning guide in the BeastX forum to dial it in.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The actual gain number is meaningless, there are too many factors affecting it. If the tail works well then your gain is correct, if not then you need to tune it (procedure is in BX forums).
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is the post that lead me to move in on my tail servo arm:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=11

I never had good tail performance around the B-C range, so I moved mine in. Sutty is a BeastX master, so I followed his advice. By following it, I've gotten much better tail performance with a stock servo.

By all the posts on in the 255 forum about issues with the kit servo, I'm not alone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in