Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL, Had to get the New DX6 to test that Nano huh? And quit boring the cats! At least my flying convinces the guard POM to LEAVE the ROOM!:
cdaivs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2015, 02:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

BLADEMSR 443 (2 min 56 sec)

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2015, 09:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good Pfloyd. I have been enjoying flying the MSR as well.

How are you liking the DX 6 vs the DX6i?
Chuck Stunter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2015, 02:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Recently got a msr (found a new one at a decent price). Very nice for some indoor fun.

Hit the "very low forward speed" issue. Just found out how to controll dual rates by using the tx gyro settings mapped to gear channel (swash links already moved to longer balls). Much better now. Funny the position of the elevator serv though.

Had some vibrations, after some light crashes. After dismantling entire head-flybar-swash-shaft assembly and putting it all back together, problem solved (not sure what it actually was, looked like slop in the swashplate, now it's gone).

Can't get rid of tbe, was there from the first flight, all moves freely, no wear since it's a new heli. I guess light heli plus light flybar plus various things that are a bit sloppy add up.
danb1974 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Might need to be broken in. Every thing is tight when they are new.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

BLADE MSR 1Q1 (2 min 28 sec)

Old 09-03-2015, 02:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

When it gets colder I'll be getting mine in the air! Right now any flying time will be outdoors. Don
dontrinko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2015, 04:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been flying mine a lot lately. Just put a red canopy and tail fin on it, now it matches my 200 SRX. I plan on buying the Nano CP S as soon as they are shipping, but for now the mSR is good fun.
crashrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2015, 03:53 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvjeep View Post
Two weeks ago while cleaning up in the basement I came upon the Blade msr box. Dusted it off, opened it up and took the little heli out. Charged up the batteries and took her up for a flight (only one pack still worked well). I had a great time cruising around! I've decided I'm officially back into the heli game again.

About 6 years ago I gave up on the hobby. Went through a Honey Bee FP, Blade 400 and Trex 500. I moved way to quickly, not training enough and ended up frustrated. The only thing I kept was Realflight 4.0 and I dusted that off the other day as well.

I've decided this time I will follow the training guide on Helifreak and start out again the right way. I'm sticking to the sim and the msr until I am able to hold an inverted hover for one minute. Then I will reward myself with a new heli.

This hobby is very, very challenging and requires a high level of discipline and commitment. I'm determined to do things the right way this time! Wish me luck.
Your experience closely mirrors my own. My out of hobby phase was a bit shorter, and the helis invlolved were different, but the same thing happened for me as well: tried to progress too fast, developed bad habits, and by the time mSRs came (I ordered 2 of them when Blade discontinued them), I had already drifted away from the hobby before they even arrived.

Anyway, after the first dozen flights and the helis spending more time bouncing off walls and waiting to be picked up than they were in the air, I started to discipline myself to focus on controlling the heli, instead of unsuccessfully trying to regain control after flying it way too fast and hard for what my limited skill could cope with. That put one on the shelf for now with a bent a servo push rod and flybar while I wait for spare parts to arrive (no LHS here), after an unsuccessful funnel attempt and last minute attempt at avoiding the wall with hard aileron - in the wrong direction.

The other has taken some hard thumps too. I broke and replaced a blade grip, but it has a very pronounced yaw due to play in the main gear and shaft. Its still flyable though, with lots of trim, and I continue putting a pack or two a day through it while waiting for spare parts to arrive.

My 120 SR and mSR X are grounded until spring. They`re only flyable here outside in weather that its gotten too cold for now. The 120 SR has busted landing gear and needs a tuneup. The mSR X needs a tune up too, along with new blade grips. I have lots of other spare parts for both, so I want to get them back to near-new if only to satisfy my inner OCD.

Anyway, since taming my flying habits, I've been focusing on simple hover (tail in, and nose-in), left and right bank tail in and nose-in, slow piros and figure 8s, and slow, controlled banked turns in both directions. Also a lot of 'touch and go's,' aiming for a precise, controlled landing and smooth take off.

I also ordered Phoenix Flight Sim & DX6i bundle (for a couple bucks more than the cost of a DX6i and receiver bundle), to get some sim time with the mSR X in preparation for summer flights. I really want to get a 230 S, and spring flights on my mSR X should help alleviate the pucker factor for when the summer comes and the weather is then good to try it (and the sim time should help too).
Blade Scraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still fly mine a lot, I have 4 MSR's in various states of mod from stock to full body swaps and MH, RKH, Extreme parts....... I love them and my MSRX's as well

Capt. Thomas
Capt. Thomas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 03:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

got mine out last night flew both of them. I had rebuilt them both last winter they are still like new and flying very nice and quick. I love them on the dx6i. I am going to start charging batteries now so I will have several to fly again tonight. Man we are like a bunch of kids excites me to go fly the little burgers around again.
sooners is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 05:31 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the main motor on one of my mSRs is starting to go. Power is starting to noticeably degrade, and it just sounds off. First noticed it about 6 or 7 flights ago, and its becoming more pronounced now. I have 2, but the one with the failing motor has the most flights on it: around 150 flights versus about 50 on the other mSR. Will have to add it to my next parts order. I fly it daily so they get lots of use.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=stvjeep;6312903]Two weeks ago while cleaning up in the basement I came upon the Blade msr box. Dusted it off, opened it up and took the little heli out. Charged up the batteries and took her up for a flight (only one pack still worked well). I had a great time cruising around! I've decided I'm officially back into the heli game again.

About 6 years ago I gave up on the hobby. Went through a Honey Bee FP, Blade 400 and Trex 500. I moved way to quickly, not training enough and ended up frustrated. The only thing I kept was Realflight 4.0 and I dusted that off the other day as well.

I've decided this time I will follow the training guide on Helifreak and start out again the right way. I'm sticking to the sim and the msr until I am able to hold an inverted hover for one minute. Then I will reward myself with a new heli.

This hobby is very, very challenging and requires a high level of discipline and commitment. I'm determined to do things the right way this time! Wish me luck.[/QUOT

Oh you will get it just be patient and have fun it will all come to you again. good luck
sooners is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2015, 10:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade MSR

I have two of them.Great fixed pitch heli, only thing I did was made a longer tail boom and when I fly it outside it will loop like my GMP Cricket.
grasshoper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 03:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I enjoy all of my old Blade helis, but the mSR is my favourite. I have 2 of them. Things I love about it:

- we have a short outdoor flying season here, and my mSR is my only heli that loves the small indoor space I have. I'm still flying it on my old MP4DSM (high rates) and it will do everything indoors: smooth lift off, stable hands-free hover, banked turns, lazy figure 8s, and you can fly it FF and stop it on a dime and spin it back around in a quick 180 half piro, making the flybar work for you.

- very durable. Over 300 flights, combined on them, and countless hard crashes (indoor crashes are the hardest) as this was the heli I really learned on. Have broken very few parts in the span of the several crashes on them: 2 or 3 pairs of blade grips, a couple pairs of nicked blades, a canopy mount, a servo push rod, a couple fly bars (tore a notch in one in a crash, another wore out producing TBE), and that's about it.

- relaxing to fly. Very stable and predictable handling. Very easy to repair, troubleshoot and tune.

This year I finally did the MM mod and setup my mSR X properly on my DX6i. I may need to adjust a twist on one of the servos, but it flies much better than out of the box. Still not as capable indoors as my mSR, although the added challenge has given it my flight time this year out of the sim. It could partly where the MM mod needs more tweaking, but it needs a lot of sub-trim to keep it from yawing hard to the right. Possibly related to this, its piro is terrible and as a result, banked turns require a lot more space for the tail to catch up making it harder to fly inside.

Overall the mSR X is an interesting challenge, but can't do everything on it that I can on my mSR (I think this is largely due to the poor piro and tail response on the mSR X). Also doesn't lift off as smoothly. I fly it in high rates, as its much more responsive and somewhat easier to fly.

120 SR: a relaxing outdoor lazy flier when there is no wind. Basically a bigger mSR but a little more sluggish. Still fun to fly. Saw a lot of use before I bought my mSRs bought not much over the last couple years.

So the mSR remains my indoor champ: not much, within what it can do, that I can`t do easily now inside with it and now that I'm far more comfortable with it, crashes are very rare. Too bad Blade discontinued this one. I think it would still sell well even today.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still fly mine

its up in my office I use it when I need a distraction. I have the msr, msrx and the redbull cx up there for when I need a break from doing my office stuff. not much gets done other then flying the micros.

it really is a good heli I wish they would re release it it would be a great next heli for my dad.

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 07:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman View Post
I still fly mine

its up in my office I use it when I need a distraction. I have the msr, msrx and the redbull cx up there for when I need a break from doing my office stuff. not much gets done other then flying the micros.

it really is a good heli I wish they would re release it it would be a great next heli for my dad.
The closest thing to it now is the nCPS and I don't think we're likely to ever see it re-released. I had been pretty put off on the nCPS until another indoor mSR flier compared his nCPS to it as a quicker and more nimble heli in its stability mode. Which sounds a lot like the mSR X as it should have been were it not for its design flaws.

Its ironic that his comparison was the first thing I've read on the nCPS that made it really perk my interest up in it, even though its an indoor capable 3D heli I want and I'd been pretty wary on the nCPS based on scepticism of what it delivered in 3D mode. Ironic that what I originally had no interest in (stability mode) may be the feature that, because of how well it performs in this mode, may turn out to be why I pull the trigger on it.

Still kicking the idea around a bit before deciding. I have so few helis even after four years in the hobby because I am the proverbial fence sitter.

But I really need something new to keep me motivated with Phoenix, even if its just another indoor heli to cruise around in upright flight with. I'm alternating between inverted orientation practice and rainbows in Phoenix and its becoming... almost painfully tedious. But I can't move on until I can get through at least one session with no dumb thumbed inverted crashes.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kind of grounded right now. Had to order a set of blade grips.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still fly? Heck I just got 2 each MsR and Msrx. Also have the MCX 2, a couple 120SRs, a MCPX BL (clearly not ready for this one yet).
Edmondsmatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2016, 02:56 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmondsmatt View Post
Still fly? Heck I just got 2 each MsR and Msrx. Also have the MCX 2, a couple 120SRs, a MCPX BL (clearly not ready for this one yet).
The mSR has a lot of longevity in it. Flybars will wear out with usage over time (creating TBE), but are cheap to replace. Mine still have the original motors (all of the parts in both of my 2 mSRs are stock and most needed to be replaced).

The mSR X just doesn't fly as well IMHO because of its poor piro. It also can burn through motors pretty quickly (in as few as 20 flights).

The 120 SR is fun outside, but it needs there to be no wind because it can't handle wind at all. I consider it the outdoor version of my mSR, but its not as good and mine has seen far fewer flights. But more than my mSR X.

I wouldn't part with mine. Semi-retire, sure, but they are good intro helis with unique quirks. The mCP X BL will be a tougher heli to progress to through the others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in