Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Question for a first time fbl

This will be my first FBL set up, but the question is should I or I should stay with my regular set up?

Looks like most people are having problems with it and to all those here who are having issues, is it worth it for me to buy this as a first fbl?

Advice please!!!
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like another if i can get it on sale. Manual is a mess, but i got through it with help from here. As long as you ge the basics, good physical setup + servo directions it will fly OK. Just getting mine dialed in for hovering about, but it flys like a dream compared to FB.
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default gt5

I have just set up my first one, flies great without any tweaking, will be buying another,manuals not good, but theres loads of help here, go for it!
paul nathalie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Paul, I'm still chasing a bit of 'stop wobble' I have feedf on 10 ,d sense at near max. It's pretty good but still a tiny bit shaky on stops. I awoke this morning thinking it was a hoax, meaningless numbers around a working core.
What heli do you have?
Old 03-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default gt5

Its on a tt x 50 nitro, total gain is maxed out, most other settings are default.
paul nathalie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Torque View Post
This will be my first FBL set up, but the question is should I or I should stay with my regular set up?

Looks like most people are having problems with it and to all those here who are having issues, is it worth it for me to buy this as a first fbl?

Advice please!!!
First time no really its too involved, except if you have siomeone who knows the unit, get the beast x same price much less comlicated. GT5 works well if you know all the terms etc but for advanced users i'd say. sometimes you can get lucky and get it to work well out the box, other times youll have to tweak to perfection, this is where it gets complicatred. Good unit, bad manual, too many parameters to tweak, where vbar was couple years ago on v3 where you had to adjust each parameter individually, nice if you have a problem heli perhaps. I still have it one of my helis but honestly wont buy one again, Removed it from my 90 as i found vbar to perform better with piro transitions. But BX is the one that impresses me most so far espescially for the price. Sorry gt5 guys just being honest
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrultralite View Post
Paul, I'm still chasing a bit of 'stop wobble' I have feedf on 10 ,d sense at near max. It's pretty good but still a tiny bit shaky on stops. I awoke this morning thinking it was a hoax, meaningless numbers around a working core.
What heli do you have?
Increase I. I had same problem, tried almost impossible configurations and still had wobble on hard cyclic rate changes and stops. I was very angry and then bingo ... I higher than P (P/I 100/120), maxed I-Lim (50) and my TDR with G-T5 fly like .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
First time no really its too involved, except if you have siomeone who knows the unit, get the beast x same price much less comlicated. GT5 works well if you know all the terms etc but for advanced users i'd say. sometimes you can get lucky and get it to work well out the box, other times youll have to tweak to perfection, this is where it gets complicatred. Good unit, bad manual, too many parameters to tweak, where vbar was couple years ago on v3 where you had to adjust each parameter individually, nice if you have a problem heli perhaps. I still have it one of my helis but honestly wont buy one again, Removed it from my 90 as i found vbar to perform better with piro transitions. But BX is the one that impresses me most so far espescially for the price. Sorry gt5 guys just being honest
You are almost right in everything and i strictly do not recommend G-T5 to FBL beginners. G-T5 tweaking is sometimes pain , but in most cases you need only to tweak P, I and tail stick dynamic. I had all three units and some other too and i still prefer G-T5 because it fly clearly better than everything i tried.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey swalko , thanks so much! i'll try that.
This morning i tried high Dstk, low D-ence [had them reversed] i'm at Dstk 85 D-ense 25 FF 45, its not bad, but i'll try 'I '.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Swalko, tried high "I" , no luck . Upped D-ense so it's close to D stk , flying good again. Problem I'm having, it seems, is it flys well at end of a session, but when i go back with a fresh bat it's wobble again. Thought it was temp, but no , must be voltage. Lots of diff middle range settings make no diff. Low D-ense ie 0 makes it worse so I have a lower limit.
Anyone tried servo settings , rate? Whatever that is. Maybe its the problem w/hitec, but it's hard to tell what info is accurate.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Swalko, tried high "I" , no luck . Upped D-ense so it's close to D stk , flying good again. Problem I'm having, it seems, is it flys well at end of a session, but when i go back with a fresh bat it's wobble again. Thought it was temp, but no , must be voltage. Lots of diff middle range settings make no diff. Low D-ense ie 0 makes it worse so I have a lower limit.
Anyone tried servo settings , rate? Whatever that is. Maybe its the problem w/hitec, but it's hard to tell what info is accurate.
Try lower/higher rpms.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Makes sense ,all i can do is lower the throttle curve.
Here' a pic of the the heli involved, built from B400 spares, for about the cost of a 450x!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	300861  
Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Swalko , you nailed it ! lowered the throttle to 75 % YAHOO!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So I end up getting the best spectrum and I am happy with it and looks a lot easier to set up then this one always about to get it,

Maybe next time I will
Old 03-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Swalko , you nailed it ! lowered the throttle to 75 % YAHOO!

Great .
Old 03-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Xx

Last edited by mrultralite; 03-24-2012 at 12:40 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in