Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Castle Creation Log

I was wondering if I were to upload a log file in PDF format, if someone would take a look at it.

I am not really sure what I should be looking for.
newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 01:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most people really don't have a need for the log. It will tell you Amps, Volts, RPM, temp, throttle position, ripple current, watts, and I think one other thing. If you have a standard setup that was intended for your heli, I think you wouldnt gain much from the log. If you are pushing things, then temp and amps might be of some value.

For instance I had a CC 120 which was recalled. I had a 80 amp on hand, but was uncertain if I was exceeding 80 amps. The log had about 20 flights in it, and only once for a few seconds did I exceed 80 amps. It went to just under 100. The RPM at that time dipped some and the temp went up. I suspect I was pitch pumping at the time. This reassured me that for my flying style, the 80 amp would suffice.

On a plane I have, I converted to an electric motor and was uncertain about my prop selection. I was concerned that I may have been exceeding the max wattage of the motor. The CC 75 amp ESC confirmed that I was over taxing the motor. I changed props until my RPM was optimum and wattage was within acceptable limits.

Hope that helps
danyl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Make sure temp is good, and see how many amps you pulled. Also you can check your HP by taking the watts and dividing by 750. If your running a govenor then make sure your headspeed looks good.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

746 watts per hp
Anthony440 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your looking to keep an idea of how your temps are running.. too high and you have something that needs attention...make sure you have the right gearing entered in the info.. this way your approximate head speed in RPM's is right. Watching your voltages can give you clues as to whether your set up is pushing anything to hard or not.
The logs can be a good tool if something went wrong...sometimes, it can give you clues as to what happened.
You also have an option to export the log file as a jpeg or other image format. You can upload it.. people will look, if anything stands out.. maybe someone can let you know.
Mike
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

but with mine, my HS should be around 2939, I am running a scorpion-8 cc icelite 50amp esc, and running set rpm, the program won't let me input that rpm, it would only let me get 2740, for normal , if i go past that range, it puts me in the 90 plus efficiency range, so any inputs would be appreciated. It flies good by the way. Oh for idle 1 , i am getting 2800 rpm. I can only use those 2 cause i have a dx6i tx.
Atom500(FBL)., Gaui x4II (FBL) ;Trex450 sport (FBL). All with Ikon fbl gyro. AMA#1019423.

Tony .
tony521 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony521 View Post
but with mine, my HS should be around 2939, I am running a scorpion-8 cc icelite 50amp esc, and running set rpm, the program won't let me input that rpm, it would only let me get 2740, for normal , if i go past that range, it puts me in the 90 plus efficiency range, so any inputs would be appreciated. It flies good by the way. Oh for idle 1 , i am getting 2800 rpm. I can only use those 2 cause i have a dx6i tx.
What pinion are you running on your motor?
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

With set rpm.. I think if it wont let you input that rpm.. the software is telling you that your set up wont give you enough head room to keep that head speed, and may have to change the pinion or battery set up. I believe the ESC needs some amount of head room so that if your in a hard pitch increase or something, it can draw more to maintain the specific head speed? I dont use set rpm.. sorry.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am running a 13T pinion
Atom500(FBL)., Gaui x4II (FBL) ;Trex450 sport (FBL). All with Ikon fbl gyro. AMA#1019423.

Tony .
Old 09-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

so should i use gov high or something to get the correct hs?

Tony .
Old 09-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need to bump up to a 14t pinion if you want to run the head speeds you're looking for. The software is smart enough, once you input the main gear and pinion gear tooth count, to calculate what head speeds you can run and still maintain enough head room to not be running the motor/esc at near 100% output.

I run a 14t on my 450 pro, set rpm with a DX7 and run 2700 for normal, 2800 for Idle 1 and 3000 for Idle 2. That gives me plenty of head room.
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alright, thanks Johnsma22, yeah i have the 13T, and i put in 2740, but my log doesn't show that hs, but i will try the 14T, have to order it though.

Tony .
Old 09-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Alright, thanks Johnsma22, yeah i have the 13T, and i put in 2740, but my log doesn't show that hs, but i will try the 14T, have to order it though.
With the log, look at the Motor Output %. This basically is just the equivalent of the throttle stick the governor is using for trying to maintain headspeed. If it is 100%,, then the governor is at Wide Open Throttle (WOT). THe rpm at WOT depends on the battery voltage. If you are hitting WOT, then the governor cannot maintain that rpm, since as the battery voltage drops over the flight, it can't give more.

So normally you want to see Motor Output % at ~80% at the begining of the flight, and something like 90% at the end. In between you will see it spike depending on your maneuvering. So 80% at the beginning will give you the head room to pull heavy loads.

I think the logging is great. You don't need to guess the headspeed, the ESC temp, how many amps you are pulling, how the battery is performing (volts).
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok i am seeing 75.3 at the begining and 88.2 at the end.

Tony .
Old 09-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Qu

Quote:
ok i am seeing 75.3 at the begining and 88.2 at the end.
That sounds just about ideal. It leaves you with a fair amount of headroom even at the end of the flight. 90% motor output is something like 80% of available power.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok , thanks a lot, i'll leave it just like it is.

Tony .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in