Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnoutboy View Post
This is the tip I will NOT be using anymore thatI did mine with LOL.

Damnnnnn.......now that's a well used soldering tip burnout.......your name kinda fits the look of that iron !......

Old 06-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #62 (permalink)

new bee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well... I lied... Home Depot didnt have any fine tips for my Weller/Portasol C1C and I didn't wanna make koi-fish wait for his board back so I did his with it too. It came out a ton better than mine did! Done and back out the same day!

Practice makes perfect. Mine was my first BL conversion. I'm getting good at em now. Only took me like 15 minutes.

Pics in his thread.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nevermind, his thread's locked.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice work burnout ! Maybe I need to burn my soldering tip off like that....lol.
I may have to pay you to do mine with soldering work like that. I always considered myself pretty good with a soldering iron, but it's not quite up to your standards !.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
Nice work burnout ! Maybe I need to burn my soldering tip off like that....lol.
I may have to pay you to do mine with soldering work like that. I always considered myself pretty good with a soldering iron, but it's not quite up to your standards !.

I'm banging em out cheap too man. PM me what you're looking for and we can definitally work something out for next to nothing.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW for anybody who wants to copy my technique there's not half as much solder on that ESC connector as it looks like. I used clear heatshrink (I'm a show off LOL) and it makes it look like it's on there really thick. In reality it's JUST thicker than it was with the wire held up to it with no solder. If you pre tin both sides and then re flux the tinned ends the two pieces almost pull together like they're magnetized as soon as you apply heat.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm banging em out cheap too man. PM me what you're looking for and we can definitally work something out for next to nothing.
Thanks man, I will definitely will take you up on that ! it maybe around the last of this or the 1st of next month........man I spent far too much already this month....lol.
But i will contact you on that ! have you done any MCPX's yet ?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks man, I will definitely will take you up on that ! it maybe around the last of this or the 1st of next month........man I spent far too much already this month....lol.
But i will contact you on that ! have you done any MCPX's yet ?

No rush bud, just lemme know whenever. As for the mCP X, I have not yet done one but I'm honestly just as familiar with what goes where since I learned the mSR X BL stuff by piecing info together from Dlywad and the BLHeli thread in the BL mC PX forum.

Part of me wants to convert the v.1 I have now and sell it to buy a DX6i and a stock v.1 but I don't have the money (or the time frankly) to buy what I need to get started on that project yet.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No rush bud, just lemme know whenever. As for the mCP X, I have not yet done one but I'm honestly just as familiar with what goes where since I learned the mSR X BL stuff by piecing info together from Dlywad and the BLHeli thread in the BL mC PX forum.

Part of me wants to convert the v.1 I have now and sell it to buy a DX6i and a stock v.1 but I don't have the money (or the time frankly) to buy what I need to get started on that project yet.
Tell you what then, since i have 2 MCPX's why don't i send you one of mine to do ? You could fly it after your done and see what you think.
Like I said though, it maybe the 1st of the month before i can afford it.
I would like a set up that would be powerful enough to have a blast with, but it doesn't have to be the most powerful setup out there.
I would like something that would be a good compromise between cost and power. Would not want the cheapest setup either !
Old 06-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly, having never even flown my own yet, I wouldn't be comfortable doing yours until I had a TX I could test it with and make sure it was GTG before I sent it back. I tested kois with my multimeter but doing a whole setup I'd wanna fly it first and make sure it was 110%.

That said if you're interested still around August I may have mine ready by then. You're mSR X wan't to go brushless in the meanwhile LOL.

PM'd

Old 06-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Honestly, having never even flown my own yet, I wouldn't be comfortable doing yours until I had a TX I could test it with and make sure it was GTG before I sent it back. I tested kois with my multimeter but doing a whole setup I'd wanna fly it first and make sure it was 110%.

That said if you're interested still around August I may have mine ready by then. You're mSR X wan't to go brushless in the meanwhile LOL.

PM'd
No problem, we'll get the MSRX done here soon and have a project for later on !
PM answered
Old 06-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #73 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Just for gits and shiggles, how do you unlock a thread like that? I never locked it, must be a default somewhere.

Again, thanks for setting me up . Looks awesome, can't wait to assemble and go full tilt.

Am continuing my soldering practice..........I'm not confident enough to do work that small yet on a motor fet. I think it's a matter of perspective though. Yesterday, I was able to do two tiny battery leads with no problem. I gotta desolder the light kit contacts on the 5/1 that I did the other day too. On that msr, the throttle cuts now for a second when I punch it. practice, practice, practice.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #74 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Default Maiden flight!!!!!

Got the BL up in the air.....wow what a difference!!!!!!

BB, I got a question, I did notice that it tends to bog somewhat when I drop the throttle down, then punch it......you ever experience this? What's your throttle curve set at if you have DX__? Also, the esc was flashed as xp3a-main from Astroid. Would it be better to try the "tail" flash?

Beyond that, this thing is crazy, can do things much faster and crisper. This'll give me good practice without bashing my BL mcpx as much.........

Have to do a couple more things, like trim the canopy back a little on the bottom and shorten the canopy rods. Beyond that, looks pretty good.....

Many thanks for helping me get this thing going. I used an esc that Dylwad flashed so I could get going quickly. I have another on the way with a stick so I can experiment with flashing/modifying/soldering, etc without being grounded.

/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
Got the BL up in the air.....wow what a difference!!!!!!

BB, I got a question, I did notice that it tends to bog somewhat when I drop the throttle down, then punch it......you ever experience this? What's your throttle curve set at if you have DX__? Also, the esc was flashed as xp3a-main from Astroid. Would it be better to try the "tail" flash?

Beyond that, this thing is crazy, can do things much faster and crisper. This'll give me good practice without bashing my BL mcpx as much.........

Have to do a couple more things, like trim the canopy back a little on the bottom and shorten the canopy rods. Beyond that, looks pretty good.....

Many thanks for helping me get this thing going. I used an esc that Dylwad flashed so I could get going quickly. I have another on the way with a stick so I can experiment with flashing/modifying/soldering, etc without being grounded.

Glad to hear you say how much you enjoy the BL setup ! I'm going to get burnout to do one for me soon and i can't wait now......
Old 06-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #76 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Glad to hear you say how much you enjoy the BL setup ! I'm going to get burnout to do one for me soon and i can't wait now......
One suggestion, use the kbdd mcpx skids instead of the stockers if you have a rkh frame. They dont warp as much. Also, i had to trim the canopy back on the right side and trim the canopy rods back about 1/4 inch.

Had to go do final walkthru with the my now former renter, or I would have flown more than 2 packs, now its dark.........

Old 06-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
One suggestion, use the kbdd mcpx skids instead of the stockers if you have a rkh frame. They dont warp as much. Also, i had to trim the canopy back on the right side and trim the canopy rods back about 1/4 inch.

Had to go do final walkthru with the my now former renter, or I would have flown more than 2 packs, now its dark.........
I will be using the Airtime skids. I like them because they are just about indestructible. I am thinking about staying with the OEM frame and getting the adapter from Astroid. I have 3 extra OEM frames so I am thinking about getting 2 of the Astroid adapters and making 2 frames so if anything happens to one, I can just switch over to the other.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Use the TAIL flash Koi, that's likely the cause of your bog issue.

No DX_i TX here (yet), just the stock MLP4DSM, so can't help ya there.

Once you do the TAIL flash I think you'll be much happier still!

I had to trim the canopy but only on the motor side. Also I didn't trim the rods at all. They work okay for me at stock length with the stock canopy, the Xtreme canopy, or even the stock mSR X canopy with the mCX2 full tail. All fit with out the rods being trimmed, try just sliding them a little further to one side or the other in the frame when mounting.

I use the KBDD pink skids for now. I've already broken a mounting tab off them (the notorious front one) but it was a decent wreck that did it. I have a set of the Low Profile Airtime prototypes on the way I'll be trying out as well.

VERY glad you're happy with the way I did it. Let me know if you have ANY troubles I plan to stand behind my work 110%.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW what gives Koi... LETS SEE THE PICS!!!

Old 06-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea Koi......where are the pics........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in