Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
This is up and down practice to get a better feel for the speed and sticks movement..I thought i did ok fo a rookie...10 flight...The next pics you will see is my frist blade strike .Lol

YouTube- Trex 450 pro..Ups and Downs practice
i think its time for u to take those ping pong balls off ... heli will definitely feel better and more stable
allanQ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

How much harder is it to land with no training gear on..Is there a tip or trick so ya dont tip over......Yes i can land pretty decent but i am afraid of tip overs.How forgiving is landing..Take a look at my last vid..The landing part ..Would that heli have sticked to the ground......Thanks in advance
icerat4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
How much harder is it to land with no training gear on..Is there a tip or trick so ya dont tip over......Yes i can land pretty decent but i am afraid of tip overs.How forgiving is landing..Take a look at my last vid..The landing part ..Would that heli have sticked to the ground......Thanks in advance
if u are refering to the end of the up and down practice .. then the heli would have landed ok on the skids and not tip over .. even if u did not have those ping pong balls on
try not to have any lateral movement of the heli when u are just about to land .. thats helps alot in not tipping over ..
happy flying ....
allanQ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanQ View Post
if u are refering to the end of the up and down practice .. then the heli would have landed ok on the skids and not tip over .. even if u did not have those ping pong balls on
try not to have any lateral movement of the heli when u are just about to land .. thats helps alot in not tipping over ..
happy flying ....

ok thanks alot....I have no teacher so i ask here...I am taking this slow ..and trying to stay focus ...And most important here. NOT GET over confident too soon..I feel i am doing ok compared to most .Thanks to my sim And help here.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would practice getting the heli up in the air quite a bit (on the sim of course) and then learn to drop it as quickly as possible without crunching it. If you are on G3.5 or 4.5, you can hit the "P" on the keyboard and it'll save you position so you don't have to keep waiting for the heli to spool up and then get some altitude. Once you get up and in a decent hover up high, hit P and every time you reset, it'll already be up and out of ground effect and horizon transition.

Coming from altitude will help you adjust for the 'sink' or 'sag' that happens when you are dropping altitude (the feeling that you have it at hover pitch, but it still keep dropping). If you get it right, It will feel akin to landing on an invisible pillow about 1'-2' up.

As it comes down, you level off your pitch so you are at slightly less than hovering pitch. When it gets to about 2'-3' off the ground, you give it just a tad more pitch until the decent stops and you land on the 'pillow' I mentioned before. Then you can slowly let off more pitch until it touches all the way down.

You can also utilize the cockpit view or chase view so you can really get a handle on how to control the sticks. It was invaluable to me when I first started leaning, so it's definately worth a shot (plus it's lots of fun!!!).
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Newbie NO NO VIDEO

I saw this and i was like Watch til the end and tell me how safe this guy is.....Kid right next to him and the rest well you go figure WATCH THE END.As he is Spooling up with heli in hand.... This is a great video Of what not to do as a ROOKIE .I think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHKWitZo2_s
Old 11-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #47 (permalink)

I agree icerat4. I'm a noob also, with several helis. My latest was a Trex 450 Pro Super Combo which I'm putting together now. I just wish I could hover my Blade 400s. One is giving me a fit because of the gyro or tail servo (both stock). BTW, great videos, I'm very impressed. Hopefully I'll get there.
Justwanttohover55 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the video above said it was removed... from reading the responces of you guys I would to! lol

6s Trex 450 PRO on Specktrum
airsoft1779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft1779 View Post
the video above said it was removed... from reading the responces of you guys I would to! lol

I did pm him and asked him to keep it up so.The new guys have a clear view of what not to do as a Newbie....I was not the smartest when i got my heli.But my daughter shooting my video was a decent distance away.And usually behind something for cover..This guy Not only crashes the heli but throttles it up while in hand with kid right next to him.....O well it was a good what not to do video...
Old 11-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I posted these up all over the place, but figured they would go well here. This is how I have my electronics mounted. It's not the only way to do it, but I really like this setup because it's easy and it looks pretty clean. Wire wrap would really make it a knockout!

skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is the guy that was shown in the above video that he took off.I gave him a private message and told him this is a good vid to post up for us goof ball rookies

So he decided to put it up again with captions here ya go rookies ..A big no no...

http://www.youtube.com/user/thegunny.../3/tqLbrTscZ4A

He does mention his gears are a bit stripped but thats ok .No biggie and still trys to fly..You guys gota see the rest of his videos..Very amusing stuff.....Funny .But real Not

:w ow2::wow 2:

Old 11-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

What a great thread.. A pilot training record! I finished flying pack #28 today, hovering nose left / right, tail in, and working on transitions and forward flight. Coordinated turns are proving difficult, but I am taking things very easy. Now I just need someone to follow me around with a camera.. Either way, too much fun!
4Runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is my second pack with out the training gear. It flew differently and definitely felt more perky IMO.

Happy flying/hovering!

Old 12-24-2009, 04:47 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great work fellas, wish I had done some video when I started so nice to see a persons progress for sure. May you all excell into the year 2010 and reach your goals!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default First hover Trex 450 Pro w/ HUGE training gear

I'm almost embarrassed to post this. I have an mSR and Phoenix sim that I bought with the Trex about a week ago. This is my first hover in normal without any expo and pitch and throttle curves not optimized.

I should also mention that it was about 2 degrees outside and my hands were numb.
Matt Nasca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2010, 05:35 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

RadDuke, not sure why you would be embarassed to post that, good work. A little expo will help but what will help the most is more room. Garage is tight for a beginner on a 450. Keep up the sim practice.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowser View Post
RadDuke, not sure why you would be embarassed to post that, good work. A little expo will help but what will help the most is more room. Garage is tight for a beginner on a 450. Keep up the sim practice.
Thanks yowser! Probably just being too critical of myself. After watching some of the other newb videos, mine looked as if I were drunk at the cyclic. I dialed in 20% expo in aileron and elevator and put some small weights on the flybar so hopefully that will tame it down. I get to fly in a gym for the first time tomorrow; totally stoked about that! I've been limited to the kitchen floor and garage so far. Darn frozen Minnesota
Old 01-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All i could think about when i watched that vid is your blades hitting the overhead shelving looked like you were pretty close a few times.
Well-trained reflexes are quicker than luck
Mikgrn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDuke View Post
I'm almost embarrassed to post this. I have an mSR and Phoenix sim that I bought with the Trex about a week ago. This is my first hover in normal without any expo and pitch and throttle curves not optimized.

I should also mention that it was about 2 degrees outside and my hands were numb.
We all started some where mate! well done and keep up the good.
garage + small space = CRASH! fly outside untill you get good mate.

happy flying
Futaba 8FG
JAG1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New T-rex 450 Pro Pilot Club

Nice garage flying. I started there too but as others have said, outdoors is better. I'm in Saint Paul and the solution for outdoors is the RCMitt. I learned about it here on Freak and got one last week and it rocks.

If I can make it to MRCHA tomorrow I'll bring it along.

Jed
motoshred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in