Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Everything Else Helicopter Related - Heli Parts, Blades, Simulators and more

Everything Else Helicopter Related - Heli Parts, Blades, Simulators and more *No Commercial Ads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by geral View Post
..............is it wrong for me to expect buyer to pay them,...........
Yes it's WRONG and a violation of the contract you agreed to in order to use Paypal as a form of payment.

HELI-FREAK, You couldn't have picked a better place to land !
ChasHeliCop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default wrong for me to not understand,now i understand all fees involved,

it was wrong for me not to add them to the overall price,i contacted paypal and it is the seller that has to include fees,however i am sure i may not be the only one whom was not aware of this.
now paypal has a simple formula they gave me,i will just round up next time,but in my defence i did tell the buyer i would split the fee in advance,before payment was made.but from now on i will include ie as should everyone.
2.9% of the full amount + 30 cents = total balance.like i said i will just round up.

however,paypal said it is the sellers discretion to include the fees or not,and allow buyer to be responcible,that contradicted what he told me first,LOL,
nowonder no one knows this rule,
thank's
geral is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When I see this, I get annoyed, and refuse to buy from that person..

Example:
Price.. $xxx please add 3% if paying by paypal...

That is a perfect example of breaking the rule. I understand for large payments, ie. above $1,000, the seller would not "want" to lose the extra fee, but it still is a small part of the price..
Luckily, I've only seen this when someone is trying to sell well below cost, for quick sale.

It's annoying, but I see it mostly on forums, not so much on eBay.... at least with in my experience.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Joe_Breezy
Breezyjr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Either way, somebody pays the PayPal fees. If I send somebody payment via gift, I get charged the $5 dollars or whatever it is, they don't. So if I buy something that costs $100, and they want it sent as gift so THEY avoid fees, I get charged $105+- out of my account.
Yea, it's annoying...................................
Just easier to learn what PayPal charges per transaction, and sell your item accordingly to avoid losing what you really wanted to earn.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwolf View Post
Either way, somebody pays the PayPal fees. If I send somebody payment via gift, I get charged the $5 dollars or whatever it is, they don't. So if I buy something that costs $100, and they want it sent as gift so THEY avoid fees, I get charged $105+- out of my account.
Yea, it's annoying...................................
Just easier to learn what PayPal charges per transaction, and sell your item accordingly to avoid losing what you really wanted to earn.
Is this new with PayPal? I sent gift payments to family members earlier this year (real gifts) and was never charged a fee.
Mike66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I think it matters if the payment comes from funds within your paypal acct or by paying by credit card and such.

I used the gift function a coupla times for donations and that was the case with me. If I paid with a CC I payed the fees. It even told me "we're charging you the fees...not the recipient b/c it's a gift".
GunnyGlow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think some have misunderstood the original poster, when he stated paying $103...

The difference is simple, no matter how you pay, you pay $103, it's not $100 for MO, and $103 for paypal.

I think people are generally confused about this.

The simplest way I can put it, if, as a seller, you don't want to eat the paypal charge, you ask for a little extra. BUT, you have to charge that little extra for ANY type of payment. You cannot, as a seller, "penalize" those who decide to pay with paypal by ADDING 3%, while at the same time, NOT charge someone who decides to send you a check, or MO through the mail.

Last time I looked through the FS forum, there is a good 50% of the folks who state, in their post to add 3%, OR send as a gift. it's silly, really. $25-$30 for every $1,000... Instead of asking for a fee, why not just ask the buyer to pay for shipping. I think most people here would pay for shipping before they would pay a 3% "penalty" for using paypal.

hehe. I PM'd one of the mods here about the paypal fee request getting out of hand. It sounded as if, as a whole, they liked the idea of not allowing people to ask for fees, but stated the problem is enforcement.

Joe_Breezy
Diablo, Shape 9.0, Goblin 700 & 380, Sylphide 90, Srimok 90N x2, Srimok 90E, Dune, Vibe 90SG, TDR, E-Aurora, Logo 600SE & 500SE, T600 ESP, T600NSP, Synergy E6 & E5, Warp 360, Gaui NX4 & X4,T500, T450 Pro FBL, 180CFX and 130x
Old 06-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezyjr View Post
I think some have misunderstood the original poster, when he stated paying $103...

The difference is simple, no matter how you pay, you pay $103, it's not $100 for MO, and $103 for paypal.

I think people are generally confused about this.

The simplest way I can put it, if, as a seller, you don't want to eat the paypal charge, you ask for a little extra. BUT, you have to charge that little extra for ANY type of payment. You cannot, as a seller, "penalize" those who decide to pay with paypal by ADDING 3%, while at the same time, NOT charge someone who decides to send you a check, or MO through the mail.

Last time I looked through the FS forum, there is a good 50% of the folks who state, in their post to add 3%, OR send as a gift. it's silly, really. $25-$30 for every $1,000... Instead of asking for a fee, why not just ask the buyer to pay for shipping. I think most people here would pay for shipping before they would pay a 3% "penalty" for using paypal.

hehe. I PM'd one of the mods here about the paypal fee request getting out of hand. It sounded as if, as a whole, they liked the idea of not allowing people to ask for fees, but stated the problem is enforcement.

Joe_Breezy

That thought has also crossed my mind. I would hazard a guess that MOST, if not all, of the staff are against 'penalizing' buyers and making them pay the fee. But, how would you enforce that? Award points?? Hmm.....penalize someone for penalizing someone.
Wait...what??

I think maybe quoting paypals user agreement that sellers may not charge buyers any fees for the service of transferring money in their FS thread would be a reasonable solution.

Would it ruffle some feathers? You betcha.......
Old 06-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyGlow View Post

I think maybe quoting paypals user agreement that sellers may not charge buyers any fees for the service of transferring money in their FS thread would be a reasonable solution.

Would it ruffle some feathers? You betcha.......
Well, they could add it to the FS forum rules. I thought I saw a sticky, regarding rules for the FS forum.
You're right about the enforcement.... penalize for penile___, wait... wait... that's not right. penalize for penalizing... That sounds better. But, I like the idea of at least quoting the PP rules, and maybe some hold on the seller acct until they fix the problem.... I don't know if you can make threads "invisible" or a temp delete, and after the fix is made, make it available. That way it's really "not" a penalty, but I imagine it takes much work by the mods....

ON a separate note, I've also seen other forums go so far as to require a photograph WITH the users screen name and date on a piece of paper, in the photo... Which would cut down on the scamming..... Of course, it wouldn't eliminate it... but, step in the right direction. I still think it's also a good idea to require a minimum of posts to access the FS forum, I know one that requires 100 (one HUNDRED!) But, I'm getting OT here.... so I will [/rant]

Joe_Breezy
Diablo, Shape 9.0, Goblin 700 & 380, Sylphide 90, Srimok 90N x2, Srimok 90E, Dune, Vibe 90SG, TDR, E-Aurora, Logo 600SE & 500SE, T600 ESP, T600NSP, Synergy E6 & E5, Warp 360, Gaui NX4 & X4,T500, T450 Pro FBL, 180CFX and 130x
Old 06-30-2010, 07:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ya...it's a sticky situation all around, I would imagine, for the staff.

It's a good thing we have lots of good folks here with a watchful eye. Mods and regular 'ol members.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

on a notsounrelated note. It's a good idea to mail your package to the address that is given by the paypal payer. And make sure your buyer knows that's where it's going. Sometimes people without paypal accounts get a friend to pay and then pay the friend. But if you send it to an address different than the one on pay pal, the payer can simply dispute never getting the package 'cause ya mailed it to the "wrong" address.
Rob_acdgsdetc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

i would say, dont use paypal at all, they are a complete mess, and do not sort under any financial laws at all and can do as they please, they owed me about $2000 for 4 months without NO reason, before i got it back it NO legitime explanation of why the withdrown it from me.
-and if they only withdrown it from me, it would be, not ok but still ok, but they took the money from the people i have been dealing with!!
-so if you got money from a person and they for what ever reason deside to reverse that payment, YOU are stucked with a negative balance on your account for money you can have got to your account LONG time ago.
im no longer Paypal verfied, im Paypal TERRIFIED!
i have learned that a majority of the ppl. acting on PP is American and i have learned that you have a very antique bank system compared to Europe, but i hope you get it like us ASAP, i can transfer money to a seller from my bank, and the recipient will have inte in 1 sek. free of charge.
Nito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Good HF tradeer report!

I very new to HF and i am buying a blade from another member i was wondering about a good trader or something along that line i see a bad member and scammer aera but nothing for good people, Or i haven't run across it at this point! I am new AND honest trader just trying to get something posted on the site! Thanks Much Mark, Blaine MN
Fetish636 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetish636 View Post
I very new to HF and i am buying a blade from another member i was wondering about a good trader or something along that line i see a bad member and scammer aera but nothing for good people, Or i haven't run across it at this point! I am new AND honest trader just trying to get something posted on the site! Thanks Much Mark, Blaine MN
HF just recently introduced a trader rating system similar to alot of other sites. It is located in each members "public profile". Just click on their username and the first tab is the feedback score tab.

"ratings" are great and all....but it's always a good idea to research someones posts and 'history' not only here, at HF, but elsewhere. RCG....RCU....RR....etc etc Thats usually the best way to get a feel for who you're dealing with.

Anyways..welcome to HF!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thank you very much!!
Fetish636 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just remember that the CEO of paypal was part of the company that sent that rocket onto the moon. This was the 1st for a private company.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anteater831 View Post
Just remember that the CEO of paypal was part of the company that sent that rocket onto the moon. This was the 1st for a private company.
Hmmm, I didn't know they landed on the moon???
Old 09-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

now that just sounds stupid for them to do.. Why should they care which party pays, as long as they are paid for there service.. If I was to do that and they dropped me I would sue them..
ukiah74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiah74 View Post
now that just sounds stupid for them to do.. Why should they care which party pays, as long as they are paid for there service.. If I was to do that and they dropped me I would sue them..
Unless you got around agreeing to their TOS when you signed up you would be doing nothing more than wasting your time.

©DROID/Tapatalk2™
Old 01-26-2015, 02:53 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re Paypal

Hmm Guys there seems to also be a fundamental point missing.
Paypal and credit card companies etc state they dont want you to add their charges as it is poor business practice and also reflects negatively on their business.

The seller gains a huge advantage in accepting payment via these companies in terms of ease of transaction, reliability etc but most importantly they gain access to Buyers who would likely NOT buy from them if they did not have such a facility.
THATS the main reason (after using their service) why you pay a fee.

How can a seller justify getting out of a Paypal fee when they themselves expect money for their goods? double standard or what?

If any vendor adds a fee to my purchase I refuse to proceed.as if they are that cheap and dodgy what can I expect from the goods they are pushing?

Yes even the services provider understands the Seller may well include his "Trading" expenses in the price. But then at least the buyer can judge if the price is still reasonable.

Its like the Ebay seller dodge of undercutting other sellers then padding up the postage and handling etc
Very Shylocky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in