Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade nano CPX vs Axe 100 cp

I've been flying the blade for several weeks now and got tired of replacing motors so I bought an Axe 100 cp to see if it would do any better, here are my impressions:

The Axe 100 cp is more stable than the nano, it is easy to hover in a very small space. The head speed on the Axe seems lower and it feels heavier, not nearly as responsive. My setup on the Axe is as follows:

Radio - Futaba 9C
Collective pitch endpoints at 80%
Roll and pitch endpoints (ch1 & ch2) at 140% - maxed out
Idle up 2 throttle curve at flat 100%
10% expo on cyclic pitch and roll

With this setup it takes alot of space to roll or pitch the Axe to get inverted and catching it with collective bogs it down quite a bit. It tracks well in forward or backward flight but in the stock configuration it is not a good 3D machine. I know Nick Maxwell makes it look easy but I am struggling to fly this thing hard.

I think the electronics and hardware are much better in the Axe than the Blade but the Axe needs more power! I think with a brushless motor the Axe would rule the micro heli 3D world!

As it is the Blade nano cpx is a much better indoor 3D heli, just need to go brushless with it or accept changing out the stock motor on a regular basis.
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Plus I think you need something special to fly the axe with a Spektrum radio which costs like $50. At least that's what I was told at the LHS. Also they only had the RTF version for $300. I'd rather have two nanos.

HK250SR,Blade 450 3D,Blade 450 X,DX6I, Phoenix V4, Blade Nano CPX
Old 11-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur3 View Post
Plus I think you need something special to fly the axe with a Spektrum radio which costs like $50. At least that's what I was told at the LHS. Also they only had the RTF version for $300. I'd rather have two nanos.

The AnyLink adapter is $25 and will work with Spektrum. I got the Axe 100 cp from Tower for $129.00 after discount, I paid $149 for my nano.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobO View Post
The AnyLink adapter is $25 and will work with Spektrum. I got the Axe 100 cp from Tower for $129.00 after discount, I paid $149 for my nano.
So all together it's $15 more

Old 11-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the axe flybarless?
JCarter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew the AXE 100 CP tonight at the LH. It flies nice, very stable, flybarless, really good power, more than a nano that's for sure (idle up has a less aggressive throttle response), it is closer in size to the MCPX though bigger than a Nano. The TX in the $200 kit is actually pretty nice, digital trims, 5 point curves, expo, d/r and a mix and 5 model memory, WOW!! Much nicer than the 4xe TX. I almost got one for the TX so I could use it with these stupid little quad copters that are infesting my garage.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Axe 100 is a rebranded Nine Eagles 125A
http://www.myrcmart.com/nine-eagles-...ry-p-4809.html
Not sure if they changed the protocol re tx's etc

It is better compared to the Mcpx as it is very similar in size.

Comparison thread of Mcpx size helis here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1603239

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is indeed a re-branded Nine Eagles Solo Pro 125.

I own 2 of these, they are very nice, extremely stable. Decent power with stock motor, I converted one of them to BL using a HP03S 1660Kv as main motor with a 7mm tail motor and it's all the power I need with that bird.

Still the nano fit better in my living room, too bad the motors are just crap on the nanos. Quality control issues? Or they just want to sell us as many motors as they can? I talked to HH rep complaining that my motor was going to hell after 25/30 flights, he told me that was not uncommon and "acceptable". Unbelievable!!!
rototophe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rototophe View Post

I own 2 of these, they are very nice, extremely stable. Decent power with stock motor, I converted one of them to BL using a HP03S 1660Kv as main motor with a 7mm tail motor and it's all the power I need with that bird.

Still the nano fit better in my living room, too bad the motors are just crap on the nanos. Quality control issues? Or they just want to sell us as many motors as they can? I talked to HH rep complaining that my motor was going to hell after 25/30 flights, he told me that was not uncommon and "acceptable". Unbelievable!!!
I'm just not happy with the stock motor, it boggs easily, how about some more detail on your BL conversion! How easy was it and how much more power does the BL produce?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is some pictures of my SP125 brushlless conversion.

Supplies list:

- HP03s 16600kv
- 9T, mod 0.5, 1,5mm pinion
- Oversky PNP 10A ESC flashed with Blheli --> signal negative
- carbon fiber 0.8mm thick plate for motor mount
- 7mm tail motor and 7mm aluminum tail motor mount with carbon fin (cheap from hawk-rc.net)
- solid 2mm carbon rod for tail boom, 2cm longer than stock
- Insulated Kynar wire for tail motor wiring

Notes:

It is necessary to make a motor support plate for 2 reasons:

- First to raise the motor so it will actually fit where it's supposed to be, the bevel on the SP125 frame at the motor mount make it impossible to fit the motor without raising it. I tried the other way around trying to getting rid of the bevel around the motor location ---> not viable, trashed a main frame .

- Second because the distance between the mounting holes on the HP03s (or a HP05s for that matter) is shorter than on the stock motor since it's actually the motor heat sink that act as mount. Making the plate the right shape was the most annoying step in the conversion. Once it is shaped to fit and drill appropriately everything else is cake. Pictures will give more details than many words.

Remarks:

The 10A ESC is overkill for that motor I plan on replacing it with a XP3A with upgraded FETs as soon as I figure out where to tap the negative main motor signal on the board. If anyone can help with that it would be greatly appreciated.

The HP03s 16600kv gives a lot more power than stock without being too intimidating, enough to fly 3D easy and to fly packs back to back without worry. I governed it to 62% ATM and I get 3min with the 35-70C Nanos. I am pretty sure the HP03s 13500kv would do just fine for sport flying and a little 3D on this bird and will yield long flight times.

Cheers!

rototophe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

What Heli is that

Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Um Solo Pro 125 as mentioned earlier.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Despite all the negative rebranding talk, it seems based on the online reviews that the Axe 100 CP flies quite well and parts are more reasonably priced as compared to both the nano and mCPX.

Any more feedback from anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
Axe 100 is a rebranded Nine Eagles 125A
http://www.myrcmart.com/nine-eagles-...ry-p-4809.html
Not sure if they changed the protocol re tx's etc

It is better compared to the Mcpx as it is very similar in size.

Comparison thread of Mcpx size helis here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1603239

Amp
Tony777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rototophe View Post

On my old walkera 3#4b this happened if you flew pack to pack and not letting it cold down for a few minutes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in