Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Autogyros

Autogyros R/C Autogyros Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobieg View Post
So, not much left from the original? How long did it take to get the kit from them? I bought a kit for my mcpx and took a very long time and several e-mails to get it.
It looks very cool. The only thing I see it needs is a pilot.
I have been interested in these for a while. A guy flies his full size over our flying field every Sunday. It looks to be home built. I think I would rather try the mosquito ultralight one seater heli.
Maybe a g2 from Santa?
The last stuff I got from micro-flight.com came in a few days, and Mario has been great about answering questions, so I'm guessing maybe you just hit an inventory shortage? (Not that that's any less annoying after the check has been cashed. )

You can order a pilot with the kit. I'll think of something/someone to put in the seat....
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
The last stuff I got from micro-flight.com came in a few days, and Mario has been great about answering questions, so I'm guessing maybe you just hit an inventory shortage? (Not that that's any less annoying after the check has been cashed. )

You can order a pilot with the kit. I'll think of something/someone to put in the seat....
I have to keep some humor in it. All of my airplanes have animals flying them. Pigs pilot the T-28, a giraffe flies the Spitfire, and an orangutan in the Yak. I don't have a big enough scale heli yet for a cockpit but when I do.....
Old 12-15-2014, 11:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The last stuff I got from micro-flight.com came in a few days
My Auto-G to pusher conversion kit ended up taking closer to three weeks to arrive. But it is a small business doing custom manufacturing in a niche market. I guess you have to make allowances.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't even know how they work! I saw one once in a game somewhere and I was absolutely dumbfounded, like finding a mythical creature

Am I right to assume the lift is achieved by the main rotor and the propeller gives forward thrust?
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 09:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
I don't even know how they work! I saw one once in a game somewhere and I was absolutely dumbfounded, like finding a mythical creature

Am I right to assume the lift is achieved by the main rotor and the propeller gives forward thrust?
That's right. Lift is generated as the main rotor pinwheels while the prop pulls the autogyro through the air. Exactly how the lift is generated seems to be complicated. They are fascinating and challenging aircraft.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kellet

I partially built a monster Kellett kit from the Autogyro Company of Arizona. It is ready for the fabric covering which I don't know how to do so it has been sitting idle for years. The rotor diameter is huge...close to six feet I think. A friend brought a simulator over years ago so that we could practice flying it. I found RC heli's on the simulator and ended up hooked on them.

This thread makes me think about the Kellett stored in the basement...
rjathon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2015, 08:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjathon View Post
I partially built a monster Kellett kit from the Autogyro Company of Arizona. It is ready for the fabric covering which I don't know how to do so it has been sitting idle for years. The rotor diameter is huge...close to six feet I think. A friend brought a simulator over years ago so that we could practice flying it. I found RC heli's on the simulator and ended up hooked on them.

This thread makes me think about the Kellett stored in the basement...
A 6' diameter rotor would be awesome. Forget the fabric, just get that sucker airborne! (And post pictures. )
Old 01-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually have an Auto-G2 and did a review back when I first got it:
Durafly Auto-G2 PNF Autogyro Review (7 min 3 sec)

At some point in the future I want to build a giant scale autogyro with a radial
lucas2696 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas2696 View Post
I actually have an Auto-G2 and did a review back when I first got it
At some point in the future I want to build a giant scale autogyro with a radial
I saw your review some time ago and enjoyed it. You did a great job. You seem to have had a MUCH easier time flying the Auto-G than I did. Mine was a real handful--all over the place and needing constant correction, even with the CG dead on.

If you're going to go giant scale, maybe just build one that you can ride?
Old 01-29-2015, 01:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I saw your review some time ago and enjoyed it. You did a great job. You seem to have had a MUCH easier time flying the Auto-G than I did. Mine was a real handful--all over the place and needing constant correction, even with the CG dead on.

If you're going to go giant scale, maybe just build one that you can ride?
Thanks! Wish I could do more of them
I don't know your background, but it helps having more fixed wing experience than rotary wing, they fly much more like planes than helis. And they do fly a bit odd, they do have their own proprietary skill set, and they do require constant attention, but I'm pretty used to that.

Eventually I want to build a very scale PCA-2, preferably with a real radial hanging off the nose:
Pitcairn PCA-2 Autogiro: Low and Slow, Whirlybird Aviation, Autogyro (4 min 16 sec)
lucas2696 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in