Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2015, 09:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinspicer View Post
The xbus servos in the blue case are ultra torque servos. A little on the slow side for my liking.
Those servos are what was on the Forza Speed that was flown at IRCHA.
I run the SLS01 on cyclic and the SLG01 on the tail.
The torque specs are lower but that are really fast and the quietest servo I have ever seen.
They have plenty of torque for a 700.
Ryan Sams is flying these servos as well.

The SLS, and SPG sevos are really smooth running servos. They are wide voltage servo, they are designed to handle 7.4v and have the quick disconnect leads. Also the case dimensions are slightly different (compared to the 8717) so they will fit better of narrow frames.
flyinhelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2015, 02:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It has arrived
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	611742  
kyoz843 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2015, 08:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice! I just ordered the E6-550 combo from Jr Americas myself. I'm anxious to have a smaller heli I can keep in the car and fly at lunch with. Let us know how the build goes.
Senzafinee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 05:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here she is! I'm surprised I was able to build this heli with japans instructions lol
Anyway, all went well with the build! But having some issues with my ikon and the servos jumpin around and randomly twitching.. Plus I'm able to throttle up, but cannot move the cyclic or tail servos at all.
I have te ikon plugged into a DSMX satalite and my signal is strong but I only had it plugged into 2 4s 1000 ma lipos could the voltage have been too low? The batts voltages I think we're different. It's late so maybe next weekend I'll dig a little deeper. Oh! And I have a SPG01 on the tail which is HV is the BEC in the Jive 80A pro HV enough for 3 digital and 1 HV servo?
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	176
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	612306  
Old 10-04-2015, 07:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

More pix
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	162
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	612307  
Old 10-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

kyoz843 what controller are you using? If you are in the setup menu for the ikon certain screens have a large dead band area and could appear that the servos are jumping around. If the BEC on the Jive 80 is working correctly I do not think it would have a problem supporting 4 servos. Which cyclic servos are you using?
senzafine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 01:06 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by senzafine View Post
kyoz843 what controller are you using? If you are in the setup menu for the ikon certain screens have a large dead band area and could appear that the servos are jumping around. If the BEC on the Jive 80 is working correctly I do not think it would have a problem supporting 4 servos. Which cyclic servos are you using?
Thanks for your reply! Im using the JR XBus NX8925 for cyclic, and
SPG01 for the Rudder. it was late and i was using two batteries that had very low voltage.. so ill charge up my bigger Lipos and try again tonight. i've set up the ikon before with previous Helis and never ran into this problem... the cyclics were jumping and moving on their own..and i got nothing from the rudder. by controller do you need TX? Im using a JR XG11MV with the Spektrum Module.. so maybe the ikon surrounded by all these JR electronics just isnt cutting it?
Old 10-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Would be nice if there were 600 class JR heli with 6S

Hi folks,

@kyoz843: Congratulations on your new E8!

I myself have just decided and ordered an E6-550. Though I was also thinking to grab E8 Leggero.

The thing was / is that I actually would like to have a 600 class heli driven with 6S batt as F3C trainer towards F3C Sport programme. But at JR it looks like they have a big gap / big jump between the E6-550 with 6S and the 600 class E8 Leggero with 8S to 12S. I wish a JR heli like Hirobo SDX, a 600 class which can be powered with 6S to 12S batt.

I was also thinking to purchase Hirobo SDX, but not sure about the long term perpsective of Hirobo, although they said that the availability of the spare parts will be guaranteed for years ahead.

I then decided to go for JR, since I also would like to change the radio / electronic system from Futaba to JR, so I will have all JRs.

Pitty that E8 cannot be used with 6S. Or anyone knows that it would be possible?

Anybody knows whether E6-550 could be stretched to 600 class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsun View Post
Also would put on the Super Scorpion V2 FRP Body, it is pretty nice that fuse.
https://www.jrpropo.co.jp/jpn/produc...&db_flg=jp_db1
@rsun: I also like the look of Super Scorpion V2 FRP body. Really like it better than the one for E6-550.

Do you think the Super Scorpion would fit E6-550? I guess it will be too big for E6-550. So pitty if this is the case...
Rex Batavia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2015, 02:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

So i just recently bought a NEX-E6 "550" and I love it. I wanted something smaller than my Protos 800 and Forza 700 that I could fly at lunch for practicing maneuvers. It auto's terrific with the 510's it comes with. Flies very nimble as well, I am running 3300ma packs and getting right at 5 minutes with the 11 tooth pinion running 2300 head speed. The head is taller than that of my Forza so it rotates more like a heli with a taller head, but it is very precise. I bought the combo with the DS11's and DS3500G, stock motor and speed controller. I am using a MSH Brain in it and have a RPM sensor on the stock speed controller using the Brain to govern head speed. I have had a few pilots at my local field fly it and they all love it.

I flew Synergy E5's for the last 2 years, one as a 626 bird and one as 700. So I am all about stretching heli's but I honestly wouldn't stretch it myself, it's a very precise and relaxing helicopter (although you could I think with no issues). Perfect for lunch time or chilling at the field. I am looking into getting started into F3C as well this next season and this is the bird I am practicing on. No simulator here so the NEX-E6 is it.

My hat's off the engineers of this helicopter, it rocks!
senzafine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2015, 09:57 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

The E6 550 is a stretched heli already. It was originally introduced in the Asian market as the E6 500. It that form it used 440mm blades.
Scorpion Motors
justinspicer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in