Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just when I was starting to love my 450x...

It decided to kill itself. it maybe has 10 flights on it total and on my third flight yesterday it starting twitching. As I was bringing it in to land it to see if I could diagnose the issue, about five feet from the ground it went into full positive collective and forward elevator and crashed into my brother in laws pond. . I wish it would have at least let me crash it. Then I wouldnt feel so bad. I would expect better reliablity for 500 bucks. Well, gonna see what HH can do for me today.
jwiltz2072 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Think positive: it's a tremendous learning opportunity...
Old 06-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another failed elevator servo? This time the servo failed with the linkage arm lower than level. One of my elevator servos failed with the arm stuck above level.

My guess. Your elevator servo failed leaving the linkage arm off level, in this case lower. This lowers the heli's nose, causing 7200BX to compensate by lowering the other two servo arms. This helps prevent your heli's from dropping its nose, but increases overall collective pitch.

From an outside view, it appears you used down elevator and chased it with positive collective.

What is it with the elevator servos failing?
LizardMan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 05:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I didnt have time to chase it with anything unfortunately. It happened faster than I could think. After I fished it out of the pond it seemed the aileron servos were locked but the rudder and elevator servos moved easily by hand like they usually do. It is definately heart breaking as I just cant afford to buy another 500 dollar heli. Im sure the BX is ruined so it would cost me just as much to fix it as it would to buy anither one.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wasn't implying you actually used down elevator followed by positive collective.

I'm guessing 7200BX's response to a failed elevator servo leaving linkage arm below level would make it appear as if you did.

It fits your crash description. Unrequested lowering of nose followed by sudden positive collective.
LizardMan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardMan View Post
I wasn't implying you actually used down elevator followed by positive collective.

I'm guessing 7200BX's response to a failed elevator servo leaving linkage arm below level would make it appear as if you did.

It fits your crash description. Unrequested lowering of nose followed by sudden positive collective.
I got ya. Yep, that definately sounds right. Hopefully they will make it right.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

i feel your pain !!! same thing happened to mine twice.... the first time though mine shot straight down...... the second time it went up..... too bad you had to crash in water.... at least you could have saved the BX... if HH doesnt help you out they have then at ultimate hobbies for 410...
tommy158 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

or ampdraw for 409
Old 06-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info! I called my LHS and they told me to bring it in and they will deal with HH. So, fingers crossed!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy158 View Post
or ampdraw for 409
or amain for $350.

Also, dont be so sure that the bx is toast though likely it is. There was another dude on here who lost his heli on the tree tops of a wooded area, got it back like 6 months later and he cleaned it up and it worked fine. Im sure it saw its share of water during that time. Granted it wasn't powered at the time.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wont be able to bring it to the LHS until thursday so I will give it some time to dry out and try to power it up again. Might get lucky with that.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the sale at a main hobbies is over.. I may be wrong though.. haven't checked... plus they have coupon you can use for additional 25 off
Old 06-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy158 View Post
I think the sale at a main hobbies is over.. I may be wrong though.. haven't checked... plus they have coupon you can use for additional 25 off

Still going at $350. I just checked it. That is the member price though. I dont think just having an account with them gets you the member price. Not sure what qualifies you for that. Its probably something like the "you must spend money through Amain like an idiot, like KiloXray does, to get thrown a bone everyonce and a while, membership."

What is this $25 coupon you speak of, and where can I get one.

PS, jwiltz, sorry for the threadjack.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sign up for the newsletter on the amain website. The coupon codes cone in ur email. You can alao luck up and get a 10% off coupon to pop up on the site itself.
aerojunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think I would power it up at all. I would let HH do that.
Allen_H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

On my 12th flight or so, I was in a nose dive and my 450X leveled itself and then was unable to maintain altitude and crashed the right side into the ground, a split second before I was able to hit throttle hold.
Mine happened very fast too, I was so surprised, but not really too, I expected something. I think there bigger plastic frame heli's suck.

My 300X shaft broke in flight and then the 450X. The 300X they replaced the 450 the wanted $300 to fix, idiots. I really hate them now.

I went from a new bigger better heli every month or so to not even wanting to fly or work on any heli's after the 300/450 incidents. They started my love of rc heli's and quickly killed it.

I think the learning experience homie was talking about up there is don't buy any Blade helicopters over $200, thats my made up discretionary income limit per purchase (still a toy cost). Set at 200 cause the 130X is borderline, hit or miss.

My 130X did a tail plant on the 4th flight due to elevator servo failure.
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

take your beast, wrap in a dry wash cloth...tomorrow, or when you can, leave it on the dash of your car and into the sun for the day. the heat will dry out the electronics, and there is good chance it will work again. I did this with an IPOD, it is still going strong 2 years later, and when I say it was wet, were talking water draining out wet...best of luck

Bill
Old 06-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

definitely let HH do the diagnostics! i wouldnt trust a water logged bx. send them a funny request form..... making them laugh always seems to work for me! good luck
508NATE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Waterlogged, dirty electronics or motor? Drench them in on of these:

Put a white paper tower underneath and shower the part down until the excess drains off. It can be considered clean if the paper towel isn't showing any dirt or debris.

Doing this will make the part very cold, enough to condensate. Let the part air dry for several hours before use.

You can use this stuff to clean pretty much anything really. The green one is isopropyl based and the blue one is methanol based and they both dry extremely fast and break up oil, grease, dirt and grime.

I use these at work and at home.
Offset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
The Airetic

You can also put it in a ziplock bag full of uncooked rice for about 2 days. The rice will suck the moisture out of it. This is a very common practice used on cell phones that have been dropped and fully submerged in water. I understand it is very commonly successful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in