Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb How I got my DX7s to work with Clearview

This is how I got my DX7s to work with Clearview.
First I got this cable:http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-pa...RS-WIRING.html
Now keep in mind that CV is both a heli AND airplane sim. Change the model in the Tx to "Acro".(I know the airplane icon seems wrong but CV does all the CCPM mixing) I named it "Flight Sim". Scroll down to "switch select" and change them as follows: Trainer - Inh, Flap - Inh, F mode - gear, Mix - Aux 1, Gear - Inh, Knob - Inh
Make sure Trainer mode is "Slave"
My present computer is Win 7 so here is how to set it up too: First unplug any game controllers to be sure there will be no confusion. Plug in the USB side of cable to computer. Then plug the mini jack end into the Tx. Win 7 will recognize new hardware. Click "Start" on left side of task bar. Click on "devices and printers" You should see a game pad icon called "PPM to USB adapter" Right click on it. Click on "game controller settings" You can then click on "properties", "settings" and "calibrate" (I'm not sure if it did anything, the axises didn't jibe with what is on the Tx, but it didn't hurt)
Now open Clearview, click on "settings" then "controller set up". Pick "PPM#" as the controller. Then set the controls as follows:
Throttle= X axis
Rudder= reversed, Z rotation
Aileron= reversed, Y axis
Elevator= Z axis
Enable stick auto centering
Idle up/Flaps set on: X rotation set off: X rotation
Throttle Hold/gear set on: Y rotation set off: Y rotation
Then "Calibrate" and your done! Took me about 3 weeks to figure all of this out! Hope it helps!

I guess the key thing is to set your Tx to "Acro" or airplane. When I first set it up, I had all the control axises but none of the switches worked, and sometime the sim helli would go to full power and stay there. Seemed like something was conflicting. So I remembered having my mSR set on Acro mode for the longest time and decided to try it! It may be that it is possible to do so on all CCPM computer radios that have both helis and planes available! You have to swallow your pride and set the Tx to "Planks"!

Crashkopter
Crashkopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashkopter View Post
This is how I got my DX7s to work with Clearview.
First I got this cable:http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-pa...RS-WIRING.html
Now keep in mind that CV is both a heli AND airplane sim. Change the model in the Tx to "Acro".(I know the airplane icon seems wrong but CV does all the CCPM mixing) I named it "Flight Sim". Scroll down to "switch select" and change them as follows: Trainer - Inh, Flap - Inh, F mode - gear, Mix - Aux 1, Gear - Inh, Knob - Inh
Make sure Trainer mode is "Slave"
My present computer is Win 7 so here is how to set it up too: First unplug any game controllers to be sure there will be no confusion. Plug in the USB side of cable to computer. Then plug the mini jack end into the Tx. Win 7 will recognize new hardware. Click "Start" on left side of task bar. Click on "devices and printers" You should see a game pad icon called "PPM to USB adapter" Right click on it. Click on "game controller settings" You can then click on "properties", "settings" and "calibrate" (I'm not sure if it did anything, the axises didn't jibe with what is on the Tx, but it didn't hurt)
Now open Clearview, click on "settings" then "controller set up". Pick "PPM#" as the controller. Then set the controls as follows:
Throttle= X axis
Rudder= reversed, Z rotation
Aileron= reversed, Y axis
Elevator= Z axis
Enable stick auto centering
Idle up/Flaps set on: X rotation set off: X rotation
Throttle Hold/gear set on: Y rotation set off: Y rotation
Then "Calibrate" and your done! Took me about 3 weeks to figure all of this out! Hope it helps!

I guess the key thing is to set your Tx to "Acro" or airplane. When I first set it up, I had all the control axises but none of the switches worked, and sometime the sim helli would go to full power and stay there. Seemed like something was conflicting. So I remembered having my mSR set on Acro mode for the longest time and decided to try it! It may be that it is possible to do so on all CCPM computer radios that have both helis and planes available! You have to swallow your pride and set the Tx to "Planks"!

Crashkopter
The link for the cable is dead. Here is the new link:
http://www.rctoys.com/rc-products/GW...002B-PLUG.html
Old 03-06-2014, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default spektrum dx7 with clear view adapter

Hi,
I saw your post that you have got your dx7 work with ClearView flight simulator, I just get stared and have both of these items trying to get them work. I could not find the correct adapter/cable, the website you provided is not exist anymore, would you please let me know what is the model and made of your adapter/cable?

tx

Steve
scheng45 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default thanks man

Great write up i could never figure out how to get the throttle hold and idle up to work with my dx7s and probably never would have if it wasn't for this post.
BRANDON L is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashkopter View Post
The link for the cable is dead. Here is the new link:
http://www.rctoys.com/rc-products/GW...002B-PLUG.html
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, Steve. This link was under my own quote. It is here!

Last edited by Crashkopter; 05-24-2014 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: Better info

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in