Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question How to charge 2 x 2200 Mah 3S Airthunder in series ?

Hi,

I've got my TREX 500 on the way but before it is here i have a question. I have 4 airthunder lipo's laying around which i used for my Mini Titan.

Now i own the TP 1010 charger with the TP 210 balancer. So i want to charge the 2 AT lipo' in series. How should i connect everything to my charger and balancer without frying anything ??

I'll be using the Align K10383A TP Balancer / Align Adapter to connect my AT's to the TP 210 balancer

Do i first connet the balancer/adapter to my TP 210 and then plug in the lipo's or otherwise, i also will be using the Y-adapter to plug the lipo's in series.

Does it matter how i plug the lipo's into the Y-cable which will be connecting to my charger, or do i have to follow certain instructions too ???

I know a lot of question, but i don't want to ruin my precious lipo's ......

Grtz,
Dirk

Grtz,
Dirk

Last edited by Dflyer; 01-30-2008 at 03:38 PM..
Dflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using the exact same charger and balancer as you. I use the 6 pins to 4 pins adaptor.

You will need to make yourself a series charging connector and label one end "group A". The order of plugging your batteries is important.

Plug your batteries in the charging connector. The one end that is label "Group A" make sure you plug it in the Blank 1, Group A side. In Group B, plug your adaptor and your other 3S battery. All in this order. The balancer will read all 6cell and you should see a solid yellow status light. If you don't, like the balancer do it's thing for a min or so and check it again before charging it.

You are charging these batteries as if it is a 6S. I use 1C charge amp. Takes 45mins for both batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tp6p4e.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	37132  
duceduc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in