Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SR HH Gyro not stable any longer

1st post on this forum. My 1st CP heli seems sick. I replaced the frame after (another) crash. When it is hovering (inside, no wind)(I hope it stays that way too !!) and I 'pop' it up to abruptly change the main rotor torque the nose yaws left. I see in the manual the ESC trim pot needs to go toward '+'. So when I discovered it was all the way up, I contacted EFlight, and they sent a replacement. I changed it out and same issue. BTW my gyro yellow / remote wire is connected with the CH5 knob about 10:30 O'clock when trying to hover / trim / adjust the ESC. Post crash, now if I try and dial in anything right (past) 12:00 O'clock, the heli will loose HH and yaw left moderately. (Kind of scary flying inside) The head has been rebuilt all new parts, center shaft, feathering shaft, main gear, grips and the whole works. It seems to respond very well and flys really quiet and smooth.

So, I disconnect the yellow wire again, and the stability now comes back for the most part. I hover it about 60 - 90 seconds and it starts taking 30 to 120 degree heading displacements. The gyro was remounted on 'gyro mounting tape' from the local hobby shop.

Hints / observations

1. The yellow wire / remote gain was working just fine pre crash and was set about 12:30 o'clock. It no longer seems to behave its self in HH mode. (Seems OK in rate mode as described)
2. I no longer note the tail twitching effect as I am growing accustom to.
3. The tail motor and rotor are new. No vibrations etc.

Ideas anyone? Thanks for any help!

Last edited by jeep2liberty; 04-16-2011 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: Additional information
jeep2liberty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could be a bad gyro. But make sure the tail rotor blade is mounted correctly - shiny side out. Or the tail motor could be bad despite being new. Yeah, you want things pretty precise if you're flying the SR inside!

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

When you say "shinny side out" I assume you mean the plastic 'prop' that mounts on the TM shaft?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

he means the tail prop, the faces have two diff feels, one side is shiny and one is dull. Shiny side faces out.
thanasi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

All. The problem has been SOLVED!! i contacted HH and they sent another HH gyro under warranty. I installed it and it went right back to work as if new. I suppose if someone else had issues with this the above symptoms may help to isolate the issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in