Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XG11 11-Channel DMSS Transmitter in the USA!!!!

Product Description

Key Features

Titanium Black plating offers a robust, durable finish
Large, backlit screen
30-model internal memory
Airplane, helicopter and glider program options
SD card slot for data sharing, storage and updates (SD card required)
Li-Fe 6.4V, 1400mAh 2S transmitter battery pack
Integrated charging circuit
9V AC/DC adapter supplied with automatic shut down
Easily adapts to stick modes 1–4
Data entry via scroll bar and four push-button keys
Telemetry with receiver voltage sensor built in; optional telemetry sensors available
5-point mixing curves with midpoint adjustment
3-Axis gyro remote sensitivity adjustment
Balance function for multiple servo setups
Dual trim options
Dual side slide-lever controls
Touch Select System for switch selection
Eleven channel failsafe
Three independent programmable timers
Overview

When JR started designing the XG11, the aim was to provide top pilots with what they needed in a radio. Numerous functional enhancements and user-friendly features ensured a radio suited to any pilot from beginner to expert. A new-generation, long-life Li-Fe battery is used, which contributes to a large reduction in transmitter weight. The charging control circuit is built into the transmitter. Using an automatic safety system, “Model Link Bind,” the receiver will not operate if the correct model has not been selected in the transmitter before flight.

Dual Modulation Spectrum System (DMSS)* 2.4GHz protocol offers a secure radio link that combines DSSS and FHSS capabilities into a wideband transmission system that includes high-speed response and high resistance against RF noise. One benefit of DMSS is the JR Intelligent Output System (IOS), which automatically selects control signals that need to be transmitted at exactly the same time and delivers the data as one complete signal frame. IOS ensures there is no time delay when commanding servos used for critical functions, such as a CCPM swash plate on a helicopter, or when operating a wing control surface with multiple servos.

Another feature of DMSS is its bi-directional communication that supplies telemetry information. Receiver voltage telemetry is built in as standard in every DMSS receiver, and add-on sensors will give you real time feedback of information from your model, such as the RPM of an aircraft propeller or helicopter rotor blades, temperature and variometer/altimeter readings.

The XG11 transmitter has a number of exciting new features, such as the Balance function, which equalizes individual servo travel on multi-servo control surfaces. With 5 adjustable points, servos can be matched not only at the center but across the entire throw of the surface. The XG11 also boasts three programmable stick position switches for mixing and an expanded Dual Rate/Expo menu that allows for up to 6 additional rate switches. The Trim Input function can allocate trim levers to change numerical values of various functions (such as program mix values) during flight. Also, the revolutionary JR Touch Select function is incorporated, which enables automatic switch selection for programmed functions with just the simple movement of the switch you want to use. No matter what kind of airplane, helicopter or glider you fly, the XG11 is designed to enhance your control and deliver an evolutionary level of precision that is genuine JR.

Standard XG11 System Includes:
• RG1131B 11Ch DMSS 2.4GHz Receiver
• RA01T Remote Antenna/Telemetry Module
• Li-Fe 6.4V 1400mAh 2S Transmitter Battery Pack
• NEC-A912 JR 9.0V Power Adapter
• Bind Plug

*DMSS technology is not compatible with JR DSM or Spektrum DSM2 or DSMX equipment.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-trim-JRP00615
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

xg8 is here (8 channel)
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...black-JRP00596

xg6 (6 channel)

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...eiver-JRP00619
Old 04-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

great transmitter, ive been using the xg8 for almost a year,

Zero issues with signal, transmitter is light and feels great!

One thing though at first my battery life was very low, but now it seems to last the week,

(3-4 flights every day somes times more)

And satellite and power board supports will be available in the near future
Phil777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Phil777: I have a question for you. I've read the manuals and I'm unclear of how the throttle trim works. It appears to be digital and has programmable settings. How does it work for a nitro where you want to kill the engine with trim?
u8mydog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

better way than trim would be to create a mix that will close the carb at idle. throttle to throttle and assign the switch.
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anybody had their hands on the XG11 yet? How does it feel, is it comparable or better than an 11x?

A big part of my decision to go to a 12X instead of an 11X was the feel of the 11X. The gimbals on the 12X are so much nicer feeling than the 11X. I didn't care for the look of the 11X either, but the color change on the XG11 actually makes it look much better.
Thunder Power 65C LiPo & JR 12X
350Z_Al is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

i rather get this than the dx18

its the next step in signal technology, Dual Modulation Spectrum System

that combines DSSS and FHSS capabilities into a wideband transmission system that includes high-speed response and high resistance against RF noise.

im gona get one as soon as i can, and there available of course
Old 04-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

RC711 has the XG11 for 689.I got my XG8 from them last year.took 3 days to arrive.They are sometimes slow on some items,but the txs and rxs ship right out.I also see they are selling the XG7 for only 159 right now.That's twice the radio the DX6i is for the same price
destinbeachman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the JR 11x and it bind with 2 sats to Vbar, but this XG 11 can not do it....then what it worth? I'll wait till it can bind with Vbar and I don't need a receiver for it.
manhoimanh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhoimanh View Post
I had the JR 11x and it bind with 2 sats to Vbar, but this XG 11 can not do it....then what it worth? I'll wait till it can bind with Vbar and I don't need a receiver for it.
Same here, I dont care if its WSFS or WXZY I wont use it if I can't bind it to my Vbars.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't you think it will soon?Skookum has already used their latest software update to work with DMSS.As big as DMSS will be,with the reliability of JR,it won't be long before the others accomodate it as well.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have always been a JR fan. Owned almost every radio they ever made. The XG8 is indeed a very good radio, BUT and this is a big BUT. JR has a new Switch layout on the XG series. They have moved the flight mode to the right side and T-hold on the left side. Its no problem assigning the switches where you want them, but it can get a bit confusing when you are used to "normal" switch layout. Mode 2 should be mode 2!. not mode 1 and a half
kabbern is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

You dont bind to a vbar, you bind to the sats connected to the vbar.

I'm sure Mikado will release a firmware patch to accommodate the dmss sats.

The vbar itself does not do anything with the signals , the sats / or rx handle the signals.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbern View Post
I have always been a JR fan. Owned almost every radio they ever made. The XG8 is indeed a very good radio, BUT and this is a big BUT. JR has a new Switch layout on the XG series. They have moved the flight mode to the right side and T-hold on the left side. Its no problem assigning the switches where you want them, but it can get a bit confusing when you are used to "normal" switch layout. Mode 2 should be mode 2!. not mode 1 and a half
You aren't making sense.Once you have assigned the switches where you want them,how are you still confused?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman View Post
You aren't making sense.Once you have assigned the switches where you want them,how are you still confused?
They are still called the wrong names, its no big deal. but i dont understand why they cant have a normal switch layout, you cant have T-hold on the right backswitch becuase its a flick switch (you flick it and it dosnt lock).
Old 05-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

Hi guys great discussion learning a lot.

All my gear is Spektrum, many Rx's and BNF's on DX7
Will the JR XG11 Tx communicate with these systems or will have to buy new JR Rx's etc ?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No DMSS ins not compatible with DSM2 or DSMX.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
No DMSS ins not compatible with DSM2 or DSMX.
Yes well I kind of knew that would be the answer, wishful thinking/hoping maybe, oh well I may convert my two nitro heli-s to DMSS and keep everything else on Spektrum DX7

Thanks appreciate the info.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
They are still called the wrong names, its no big deal. but i dont understand why they cant have a normal switch layout, you cant have T-hold on the right backswitch becuase its a flick switch (you flick it and it dosnt lock).
Chances are you have a mode 1 TX that has had the gimbals converted to mode 2. If you order from Hong Kong, I think that's what you will get. I have an XG11 that's configured the same way. I'm planing on swapping the switches for a true mode 2 setup. I'm sure when these radios are released in the US, they will have the switches in the correct location.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1esel View Post
Chances are you have a mode 1 TX that has had the gimbals converted to mode 2. If you order from Hong Kong, I think that's what you will get. I have an XG11 that's configured the same way. I'm planing on swapping the switches for a true mode 2 setup. I'm sure when these radios are released in the US, they will have the switches in the correct location.
No, i bought mine from the local hobby shop in Norway. Its the importer and seller for JR. The radio only comes with that setup. I hope they will make some changes before they get onto the american marked

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in