Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Mini CP

Mini CP Walkera Mini CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mini CP battery question

We all know that stock batteries on Mini CP last only few minutes at best. Which is the best Lipo in others experience, that would give at least 4-5 minutes of solid power. I read about 400 mah battery but I don't want to burn my motor.
Thanks,
Aftab.
Aftab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm currently using the Walkera 350mAh batteries with quite a few recharge cycles already past and no problems so far.

I get a strong and consistent 5 minutes flight time using these compared to the 3:30 minutes I got with the Hyperion 250mAh batts I also have or the 2:30 minutes from the stock batts.

The motor isn't stock but it's not brushless either.

The batteries I use are heavier though so while one can get a longer flight time for practicing orientations and similar non-energetic types of flight, the overall performance isn't up to doing much in the way of 3D.

One other issue though is that these batteries are a little larger than the original batteries so they won't fit the battery cage but I cut the battery cage off of mine soon after I got it in favor of holding the battery on with a strip of velcro.

Between batts, I let the motor cool down for about half a minute and the temperature seems to remain within a fairly safe range.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im getting about 3 1/2 out of the Walkera 240mahs.
ChitownMatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 02:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bit of a delayed addition to the thread but how are these?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s..._Pro_100_.html

I know you've got to reverse the terminal ends somehow as they're meant for nine-eagles - I am aware they use the same connector but different polarities.

Anyone try these lipos yet? If so how did you reverse the leads?

Thanks
Spykez

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Bit of a delayed addition to the thread but how are these?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s..._Pro_100_.html

I know you've got to reverse the terminal ends somehow as they're meant for nine-eagles - I am aware they use the same connector but different polarities.

Anyone try these lipos yet? If so how did you reverse the leads?

Thanks
Spykez
Im using these and they work great . You will have to adda little tape around the battery so they stay in the battery holder but not a big deal . As far as switching the polarity you just push down the holding tabs on the connectos and pull them out and flip them and put them back in the correct position . Very east to do and these are the best batteries i have tried yet on the mini .
5488fletcher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5488fletcher View Post
Im using these and they work great . You will have to adda little tape around the battery so they stay in the battery holder but not a big deal . As far as switching the polarity you just push down the holding tabs on the connectos and pull them out and flip them and put them back in the correct position . Very east to do and these are the best batteries i have tried yet on the mini .
Cheers, I'll order some and if I can't figure out the process I'll PM you lol

Thanks again!

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in