Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2015, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Align Governor Sensor

Last flight before today, about 3/4 of the way through the flight, I heard the headspeed go up, so brought the heli in to land. I forgot about it till I got to the field today and realized I had forgotten to take a look. Spooled up and yep, really high head speed, brought it down, and as a theory dropped the throttle curve for iu1 in the transmitter, and sure enough, the headspeed came down. I have the governor set up in the gov menu of my dx8, so the throttle curves are just for backup if the gov fails. Anyway, after stopping the head and motor, I flicked from normal into iu1 and the light on the gov went from red to green, so that part was working fine... so I checked the bell to see if I had lost a magnet- nope, both were still there... Hmm what could it be.. I worked my finger in to see if the sensor was loose... ad the wire to the sensor came completely off when I put my finger on it.. I did buy the gov used, so it wasn't new, but wow!. I have a backplate sensor also on the motor for telemetry, I guess I am going to just split off of that signal to feed the gov going forward, as working with the clutch bell based sensor is a pita!
--citizen 19-- ama#986265, W8RMB, T-Rex 700n 700e, 600n, 550X, 550e, 500 efl pro, 450 pro.. a couple of planks and a couple of quads...I am not a rep for anyone
cyclenut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 06:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I guess I am going to just split off of that signal to feed the gov going forward, as working with the clutch bell based sensor is a pita!
Do let us know how that works. I have had no luck in trying to use the Spektrum Sensor with the Align governor.
meowguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2015, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

yeah... the more I thought about it, with a new sensor only being $10, I will probably end up just going that way.. I will be putting additional strain relief on the wiring however. I have a 600N with only the backplate sensor, that goes into a Y harness that splits it between a TM1100 and a Multigov Pro. that setup does work.. but was made easier by the fact that the multigov takes a regular receiver connector and I only had to pick up one single male receiver connector to jst-xh adapter cable to make it work. in this case the cost to will be roughly the same to go either way.
--citizen 19-- ama#986265, W8RMB, T-Rex 700n 700e, 600n, 550X, 550e, 500 efl pro, 450 pro.. a couple of planks and a couple of quads...I am not a rep for anyone
Old 06-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

To use the Spektrum backplate sensor on the Align gov, I believe it is as simple as swapping the red and black wires.

If you search around, you can find an adapter that has the mini-JST (for the Align gov, 3GX or GPro) to standard female servo connector (Spektrum sensor). When I saw them online, I bought two (just in case)

The YS 91SR-3DS and the YS 120SR-X both have a steel plate on the inside of the aluminum backplate. That tends to cause problems with the Spektrum backplate sensor.

If you want to use 1 Spektrum backplate sensor for the the TM1000 and the Align, keep in mind that they are both trying to provide power to the sensor.

Assuming the TM1000 and the Align gov are powered from the same source, it is easier to run the red/black wires to the sensor from only the TM1000 or only the Align gov - not both.
Then, Y split only the white wire between the TM1000 and gov.
I do this on all my helis (2 nitro & 1 electric).
If you mess the red/black configuration up, you will get a ground loop and it will smoke the wire pretty good.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

With my 600n setup, I just pulled the red wire on the connector from the multigov and let the tm1100 provide the power.. Same sort of deal when running a receiver pack when your esc has a bec. Has been working well like that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in