Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Belt CP V2 or the CPX

Hello Guys,
I'm Florin, I like in S. Korea but I'm from Romania and I love rc helis' and basically many other things that fly or go on two wheels fast
I was trying to find my best CP heli, since currently I am playing with a coaxial DFD F161 toy, and the bast "bang for the buck" to me was the CP2...I placed an order on RC711.com since they got it at 149.99 USD ! and this morning I read about the DTS mods topics...
Suddenly I started sweating and now I feel so bad for ordering the CP2 instead ot f the CPX... Is it really such a big difference indeed ? the CPX is only 159.99 ! so 10 USD difference only...Should I cancel the order and go for the CPX? Please advise so I can still make a change in usefull time.
Thanks a lot for your info
All the best
cofl1001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome Florin!

Wow, Romania to S. Korea, that's quite a transplant!

Hmmm, I wouldn't sweat the difference between the 2, really. Never had a CPX but the cp2 is just fine to learn with. 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other type thing.
If it bugs you, then go ahead and get the cpx. Both are a beginners heli and both have pro's and con's. Either is fine, though, really.
The cpx does have a better collective servo configuration, producing less slop. Both use the same cheap Esky electronics.
Either way, plan on getting rid of the esc and the gyro soon.
Also, look into getting a digital radio, like a Spectrum dx6i. Find one used and save a few bucks. That is the single biggest upgrade you can do and worth every penny!

Check out Radd's school of rotary flying,

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

Good luck and have fun.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to add to Tomstoy's advice. When you get the heli, give it a thorough check over and make sure it has been set up properly (it's quite likely not to have been). Read the stickies on head set up and follow them to the letter before you attempt to fly it.

The Belt was my first heli and it wasn't until a while down the line I found there was a binding link that was the cause of its poor performance. Naiively, I had thought "ready to fly" meant just that!

If you want to do the DTS or RDTS mods, they aren't that difficult to do and will improve things but probably best left till you're more familiar. Don't forget that the step from a small co-axial to a much bigger CP will be quite large. Also, remember to treat it with respect, it can do much damage or cause serious injury. Above all - have fun!
Buzzfly BE (aka Walkera 4#3B)
wulfrun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 04:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 all Tom said.

Plus, remember to check Finless Bob's setup videos in the main section of this forum. Do not try to fly out-of-the box, the chances are you'll crash within seconds, those things almost never come setup properly.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys, lots I forgot to mention.

One other thing, when you get it, any metal fastner that contacts metal, remove it and put blue loctite on it and re-install.

Never trust something is correct, no matter what heli you buy, period. I guarantee it won't be.

As said, got thru the sticky and refer back to it often, watch Finless Bob's set up video's and understand what you are doing.
Having the heli set up correctly is critical!

It's going to be quite the temptation to just plug in the battery and 'just spin it up a little'. DON'T DO THIS!!!!
This whole hobby is really quite the learning process, and there are no short cuts. You will pay your dues!

If you do not have a simulator, like Phoenix, get one. It will save you a ton of cash.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello all,
I want to thank you for all your replies and useful info. This is my first rc heli forum, and the community here is very helpful
I know it will be a big change from my coaxial, but i hope that with small steps i will be able to make it. Since this week, i read A Lot of info regarding how heli works, and since flight in general is one of my passions, it makes the learning process even easier
Regarding simlators, and since buying anything online from Korea is not easy since i cant use paypal, what other setup i could use to practice some heli simlar to the belt cp/x ?
I have here a laptop and a joypad usb controller( 2 sticks)... i think i will read more on setups, pre-flight checks and watch flight tutorials, but heli sim would really help a lot...
Thanks again, and I'm watching my inbox for new replies to my topic
Old 09-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofl1001 View Post
Regarding simlators, and since buying anything online from Korea is not easy since i cant use paypal, what other setup i could use to practice some heli simlar to the belt cp/x ?
I have here a laptop and a joypad usb controller( 2 sticks)... i think i will read more on setups, pre-flight checks and watch flight tutorials, but heli sim would really help a lot...
Thanks again, and I'm watching my inbox for new replies to my topic
I've used a free simulator called HeliSimRC, it's fairly basic but you can tune it for quite a few parameters. It's claimed to be geared more to realistic flight than fancy scenery. I have to say that, for a freebie, it's not bad. You can interface it to some transmitters (DX6i for sure) although I'm not sure about yours specifically. To interface it you need a USB trainer lead or you can use RCAudio and PPJoy (which are also free) and a simple audio lead from your Tx to your computer's audio input.

There's also a free one called FMS, that interfaces the same as HeliSimRC does. FMS it not specific to helis but it does include some. It's ok for learning things like orientations, it'll certainly teach you to react in the right direction but I don't find the models "fly" anything like reality. They're sort of too perfect: stable and predictable and don't get out-of-shape as quickly as a real model.

If you can't interface it to your Tx or a dummy one, there's really no point using a simulator other than for entertainment value. "Flying" a heli on a simulator using the keyboard or touchpads etc will not really teach you a thing.
Buzzfly BE (aka Walkera 4#3B)
wulfrun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 03:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofl1001 View Post
I know it will be a big change from my coaxial, but i hope that with small steps i will be able to make it. Since this week, i read A Lot of info regarding how heli works, and since flight in general is one of my passions, it makes the learning process even easier
With that kind of attitude, you're already half way there, if you ask me. Just hang on, it might take a lot of time. A few years is not unusual to master most of the intermediate technical and flying skills. All depends on how much time you can put into it of course.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Red face

Thank you all for all the infos... I managed to change the order from the CP V2 to the CPX. only problem was that since I cant use PAYPAL I payed via bank transfer and it was moooreee than I expected...
Florin

Tags
belt, cp v2 or cpx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in