Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods

600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Align T-REX 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 07:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now you got me dreaming for a T-Rex 600ESP 12S. Lol....

Maybe in the future, but it seems like I can get more batteries for my 500ESP that I later can use for a 12S setup. Sweet.

When the summer comes I will get some more 6s 3000 mAh 40C batteries and then we will see where it all ends up...

Nice build anyway, good work

/ Stolpe

Hyperion EOS 0615i Duo III + 400W 24V 16,7A power supply
Stolpe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolpe View Post
Now you got me dreaming for a T-Rex 600ESP 12S. Lol....

Maybe in the future, but it seems like I can get more batteries for my 500ESP that I later can use for a 12S setup. Sweet.

When the summer comes I will get some more 6s 3000 mAh 40C batteries and then we will see where it all ends up...

Nice build anyway, good work

/ Stolpe
Good luck.

That's how this build started early this year... lol..
Old 11-19-2009, 10:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi rceccleston, I recently decided to go with a 600ESP over a nitro for several reasons that I won't get into right now. What I was curious about though is your build. The new ESP kits come with an Align 100A ESC (as I thought the older ones had a 75A) and unfortunately I cannot find an ESP kit w/o electronics such as the motor, esc and bec. I plan on using the same electronics as your build but do you think the 100A ESC is sufficient to power a 12s setup with that scorp motor? The cost is not an issue, its more or less having ESP electronics that are useless to me since I would be purchasing a new CCBEC, CCESC and scorp motor.

BTW nice clean looking bird. What charger are you using to charge the 6s packs?
adroc3905 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroc3905 View Post
Hi rceccleston, I recently decided to go with a 600ESP over a nitro for several reasons that I won't get into right now. What I was curious about though is your build. The new ESP kits come with an Align 100A ESC (as I thought the older ones had a 75A) and unfortunately I cannot find an ESP kit w/o electronics such as the motor, esc and bec. I plan on using the same electronics as your build but do you think the 100A ESC is sufficient to power a 12s setup with that scorp motor? The cost is not an issue, its more or less having ESP electronics that are useless to me since I would be purchasing a new CCBEC, CCESC and scorp motor.

BTW nice clean looking bird. What charger are you using to charge the 6s packs?
Unfortunately, you can only buy the ESP kits with the electronics.

However, all of the included Align electronics can be easily be sold 'as new' to fund the 12s upgrades i.e. Align ESC, motor, regulator and receiver pack.

The stock esc, motor are rated at 6s only and the regulator at 5 amps continuously, 6 burst.

Because the voltage has been doubled, the amps would be halved, with the same wattage motor. However, with the increased wattage/power of the Scorpion 4025-630kv (2.7KW 3.62HP) from the stock Align 650L-1220kv (>2KW >2.68HP) the amps have increased to 65 continuously.

With an overhead of 20 amps continuously, the Castle Creations 85HV ESC is an ideal match for the Scorpion 4025-630kv.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool thanks for the info.

How has the Scorp motor been as far as bearings go? I know the reputation for these has been 50/50 with regards to bearing life. Have you encountered any of these issues so far?
adroc3905 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroc3905 View Post
Cool thanks for the info.

How has the Scorp motor been as far as bearings go? I know the reputation for these has been 50/50 with regards to bearing life. Have you encountered any of these issues so far?
Still on the original bearings with the Scorpion 'motor bearing lubrication'.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Arrow

Just ordered a 600ESP, Scorpy630, CC85HV, GY520, DS620's..4 zippy3000 40c... Cant wait to get her built... Im hoping for more pop than my 600N with OS50 can deliver.....!!! Thanks for the thread. After reading, I ordered a revco 12t pinion.. should be a perfect setup from the get go.. I will keep you posted with pics when my readyheli mints arrive...!!!!

Cheers,
Woody67 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for starting this thread. I also wanted to ask a couple of questions.

I bought a used 600e heli (this is the pre-ESP heli) but I have not received it yet. It already has a torque tube upgrade with a metal head. I will be buying a new ESC and motor to go to 12s since I want to use the same packs in my Trex 500 as well.

1. Does anyone know if the third bearing block can be added to the original 600e frames?
2. At this time, I am more interested in an AP ship instead of a 3D monster. I expect about 4 lbs for the mount and digital point-shoot-camera. Would the 4025 630 motor still be the best choice for an AP heli and by changing the pinion, would I be able to fly a 3D monster? Which pinion would be best for each purpose with this motor?
3. What is the largest size of main blades that can be used on the 600e?

Thanks
rcflyer2006 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Luckily I found a manual for the 600e online at Readyheli.com. Yes, it looks that the 600e already has a third bearing block as standard equipment.

Cheers
rcflyer2006 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can the tail mod be done on the plastic grips or do you have to use the metal ones?

Thanks
Old 11-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyer2006 View Post
Thanks for starting this thread. I also wanted to ask a couple of questions.

I bought a used 600e heli (this is the pre-ESP heli) but I have not received it yet. It already has a torque tube upgrade with a metal head. I will be buying a new ESC and motor to go to 12s since I want to use the same packs in my Trex 500 as well.

1. Does anyone know if the third bearing block can be added to the original 600e frames?
2. At this time, I am more interested in an AP ship instead of a 3D monster. I expect about 4 lbs for the mount and digital point-shoot-camera. Would the 4025 630 motor still be the best choice for an AP heli and by changing the pinion, would I be able to fly a 3D monster? Which pinion would be best for each purpose with this motor?
3. What is the largest size of main blades that can be used on the 600e?

Thanks
A 12T pinion would be the ideal size for your requirements.

At approximately 70-80% throttle, the headspeed would be around 1700rpm, with estimated flight time of around 10-11 minutes.

At 100% throttle, the headspeed is around 2100rpm, ideal for 5-6mins of 3D.

I believe some have ran 620's on an AP heli, not sure this would work for 3D.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTemp View Post
Can the tail mod be done on the plastic grips or do you have to use the metal ones?

Thanks
The tail mod can be installed in either the plastic or metal tail grips.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool. I prefer the plastic as they are lighter and cheaper to fix in a crash and don't give anything up strength wise.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Couple more questions on the tail....

In your parts list you show button head cap screws, but in the pic you show regular cap screws. Are button heads required?

Where did you get the washer you are putting between teh thrust bearing and the second radial bearing?

Links would be great!

Cheers,
Jason
Old 11-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTemp View Post
Couple more questions on the tail....

In your parts list you show button head cap screws, but in the pic you show regular cap screws. Are button heads required?

Where did you get the washer you are putting between teh thrust bearing and the second radial bearing?

Links would be great!

Cheers,
Jason
Either of the Align metal or plastic tail grips can be used for this mod.

Because I did not use the KDE upgrade, the following stock parts are required:-

- Two 3x10x4mm radial bearing,
- Two M3x12mm button or socket head cap.

Simply remove the stock M3x8mm bolt from the blade grip, keeping the original washer and insert the 3x10x4mm bearing.

With thread-lock, firmly tighten the M3x12mm to bind the original washer between the inner racer of the 3x10x4mm radial bearing and the tail rotor hub.

Because the M3 bolt acts as an extension of the tail hub, this allows the second radial bearing to dissipate the side load otherwise exerted on the thrust bearing.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Amaizing and superb rceccleston I'm lightyerars from you. Congratulations.
helipop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice and economical setup. I was thinking about convert my 600nsp to 600esp. Since my engin is gone and tired to do the extra work for nitro bird. all I have to do is custom made a motor mount fits the wider frame. anyone have ideas on it?
cybertk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2009, 03:40 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertk View Post
Very nice and economical setup. I was thinking about convert my 600nsp to 600esp. Since my engin is gone and tired to do the extra work for nitro bird. all I have to do is custom made a motor mount fits the wider frame. anyone have ideas on it?
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=174147
Old 11-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was just wondering if anyone knows the difference Between CC HV and the new CC Ice HV . Would the Ice HV-80 amp have enough ceiling to be used instead of the HV-85.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...ix_ice_hv.html
heli-gunner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-gunner View Post
I was just wondering if anyone knows the difference Between CC HV and the new CC Ice HV . Would the Ice HV-80 amp have enough ceiling to be used instead of the HV-85.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...ix_ice_hv.html
The ICE has built in data recording.
As to having enough head room..that all depends on what your setup is and how hard you fly it.

nightflyr

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in