Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The New Turnigy 3D-H Flybarless System

HobbyKing Daily - Turnigy 3D-H Flybarless System (1 min 55 sec)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ol_System.html

The all new Turnigy 3D-H FBL System is breaking all of the rules by offering top-notch performance at an unbelievably low price. Affordability, ease of use and compatible with any helicopter from 250~800 size, the 3D-H makes going flybarless on your machine a no-brainer!

The 3D-H supports just about any servo type, digital or analog, standard or narrow pulse width. Compatible with 90°/120°/140° swashplates and featuring excellent pirouette optimization functionality, the 3D-H ticks all of the right boxes!

We've flown the 3D-H on our own helis and we are very impressed with its performance and ease of setup. It didn't take long at all to have our HK450 in the air with this system. All programming is done via the transmitter sticks and confirmed by LEDs on the control unit. This keeps things simple and eliminates the need for bringing a PC to the field should you need to make adjustments.

There are 3 adjustable potentiometers on the top of the 3D-H that allow quick adjustments for fine tuning. You can adjust the cyclic gain, cyclic response and tail dynamic (stopping power) by simply turning the pots. This furthermore simplifies setup by allowing for quick and easy fine tuning at the field.

Features:
• High performance 3-axis FBL system
• Compatible with 250~800 size helicopters
• Pirouette optimization functionality
• 90°/120°/140° swashplate support
• Aluminium case to reduce vibration
• Easy to setup

Specs:
Size: 36.5x26x14mm
Weight: 23.8g (without wires)
Operating Voltage: 3.5~8.5V
Sensor Technology: MEMS angular rate sensors
Cyclic Servo Type: Digital or Analog 50Hz/65Hz/120Hz/200Hz
Tail Servo Type: Digital or Analog 960us/760us/1520us
Adjustable Cyclic Servo Frequency: 50Hz/65Hz/120Hz/200Hz
Adjustable Tail Servo Frequency: 50Hz/165Hz/270Hz/333Hz

Included in box:
Turnigy 3D-H 3-Axis Flybarless System
Gyro mounting pads
All necessary wire leads

Price:$49.99

Manual: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...2&d=1368130572

Setup Videos : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=71
(same as HB800)

Last edited by walkera4g3; 05-09-2013 at 06:22 PM..
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like a beast x, clone of a robird or bigaole ,, I can't wait to see how well its used and how it holds up,,
whitmanink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks like a relabeled bigaole/ beast clone. Have to download the software see.

Bergen Intrepid/Bergen Intepid EB/Vario Bell 206 Jet Ranger/T-Rex 450 Pro FBL Robird G31 6S /T-Rex 250 DFC ZYXS/Gaui X5 BeastX V3/ Warp 360 TracX/Nano cpx/Gaui X3 Ikon
Rock114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock114 View Post
Looks like a relabeled bigaole/ beast clone. Have to download the software see.
It does look like a BX clone. Definitely not Robird G31, which, BTW is not a clone of anything.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh I thought the robird was a clone? either way it don't matter I guess . still wonder how much thism gyro will be and how reliable it will be,, ive heard one thing about anything hobbyking,, and that is its a hit or miss, u eaithe get a working product or u don't,, infact my uncle says he orders servos from there for his planes and if he buys 8 of them at least 2 will be defective?? don't k now if this applys to turnigy but still makes u wonder
whitmanink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

looks familiar
TBS Discovery FPV
dna001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

CopterX with different flashy light display Least it looks exactly like the CopterX, which I imagine is a clone of something else. I don't their either that one nor this one allows direct sat plug'n'play but it has a place. Clone or not, when crunch time comes if the price is right, I might pick one up and give it a try.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like this one is $49.99.

bwoollia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Last edited by walkera4g3; 05-11-2013 at 07:32 PM..
Old 05-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm Leary of trying anything from Hobbyking when it first comes out. I'll let other people do the product testing and see how it works. The one thing I don't like about it is you have to program it with the tx, it has no computer connection.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last edited by walkera4g3; 05-11-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Old 05-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 07-02-2013, 05:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3D-H settings

I would like to know what pot settings others are using?
skullbiker4life is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I broke my cardinal rule and got twice bit. I said earlier that I usually don't buy something when it first comes out but I must have lost my mind, senior moment, brain fart call it what you will but I went and bought 2 of them based on a few positive reports, big mistake. I managed to break both of them but it's not my fault. I was very careful and followed the instructions to the letter. Didn't connect the servos until I configured the servo settings etc. They both followed pretty much the same pattern toward their demise. I was able to go through the entire setup without a hitch, ( the setup is very easy and straightforward). Once the setup was complete things went downhill. I gradually lost all throw on my cyclic servos to the point that they would hardly move at all. I tried to reset it to the factory settings but that didn't go well either. Bottom line is I had to send them both back to HK. They determined that the units were defective and issued a refund no questions asked and one of them was a week over the 30 day warranty period. In doing some research on a couple of forums and on HK the question of enough power through the bec was raised. I was using an esc with a 3a bec but I had just added 3 digital cyclic servos and failed to recalculate the amperage draw. I was trying to pull 3.8a through a 3a bec. Some speculate that may have been the culprit although there were some people using that configuration successfully. Well I ordered an HK YEP 45a esc with a 6a bec and I also ordered 2 more gyros, you know it's the brain thing, call me stupid, cal me a glutton for punishment but I really like the simplicity of the gyro and I have a feeling it will be a good beginner fbl system, and the price is right. I hope the new esc will solve the problem, we'll see. I am going to make a video of the setup and hopefully the maiden. It'll be another week until I have the first unit so stay tuned, this should be good.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good point regarding BEC and digital servos. I fried my Align 35A ESC's BEC in such setup. And FBL unit is not to be blamed here - but digital servos driven on more than 50Hz...
clicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the power they need is another good reason to use analogue servos (if the fbl unit can handle them of course). also, cheapo digital servos can be pretty ambiguous as to what spec they are. i fried 2 on my first fbl heli because i didnt know the correct setting to use.

i dont buy the argument digital servos are better except on paper. the hxt900s on my two zyx 450s are really excellent.

im not seeing lack of resolution / power etc. digital servos might have an 'on paper' advantage but i dont think we need that high a spec. i'd bet cheapo analogue servos have far more resolution than our thumbs have, and we cant use more..
Old 07-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Neverland,

Glad to hear that you are having a good time with the HXT-900s, I have not used HXT900s with the 3D-H but when I used them with a Tarot I had to drop the gains so much to stop wobbles that they did not hold well. Perhaps the 3-DH is a good choice for lost-cost servos

Cheers,
Mike
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Isn't it just a µBeast clone (with older software version)? I think it is! And as such it works with really wide range of servos. Same as tarot. Finding right 'mechanical' gain on servos (i.e. distance of link ball from the servo centre) is important no matter if you are using cheap or expensive FBL unit.

I don't have much experience with cheap digital servos, but TGY-375DMG servos work perfectly well with µBeast.

Main difference between analogue and digital servos is how quickly FBL unit can send servo signals to the servos. Analogue can't work with faster frequencies (faster than 50-60Hz) because they overhead and burn. Digital servos' software prevents such thing to happen. From flying perspective - digital servos are faster and more precise than analogue.

My Mini Titan (before TGY 375DMGs and after then MKS DS95s) with µBeast and HXT900 (or HS 65mgs) flew quite nicely. But on cyclics stops you could see slight hesitation and overshooting. Similar was with hs65mgs. Digital servos made it very sharp and precise. Flying high/far made little difference - flying close and observing what helicopter is doing made pretty visible one. For one - I couldn't have done quick tic/tocs with HXT900s I can do with digital servos...
clicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i'm happy with my helis at the moment, but its a nice thought that they can be made even better in the future. thinking about it, tic tocs on them arn't that great, but that could just be my technique, being the newb that i am. its hard to know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in