Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX8 collective spring return to centre NOT centre

Hi, i want to use the spring return to centre, but the problem is that it doesnt return to centre like the aileron side does, why they hell dont they check this at the factory?

Ive never had a spektrum radio that had correct centres (softwere or hardware).

Rant over
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is alot of adjustment available and they are fairly easy to adjust.If the spring wont make the stick center then its probably too loose.If the center is out of calibration then calibrate it.
If your not sure how or dont understand the mechanics in the gimbals you probably should send it in for service or find someone who can help you tweak it to be the way you like.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 03:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The problem is mechanical defect and not adjustable. The centre is mechanically off! If i adjust software to compensate then i physically move more negative than positive.

I would have to send it back grrr
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Am I the only one that doesn't have a spring on the collective??? What am I missing here? Left stick? Rudder and collective? (Mode 2). Right stick ailerion, elevator?

Huh?

G.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The thottle/collective doesnt have spring centering.It has a friction strap either smooth or ratcheted.
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, Aerocal. I thought I missed something somewhere. I was going to call horizon and tell them they forgot my spring on the left stick!

G.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Both gimbles have the function you need to turn appropriate screws, its easier if you remove cover of tx.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also correct.It does have the ability to have spring centering on either side depending on the mode you will use.Generally the throttle/collective doesnt use spring centering regardless of the stick mode.
Was this really the question? Now Im kinda confused.
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you pull the top half of the rubber grips off the back of the DX8, there is an adjustment hole labeled ( M ) on both sides. This adjustment screw is how you turn the spring to center on and off.

The cyclic side is screwed all the way in (spring to center activated) and the collective is not ( no spring to center). Screwing the collective side in will slowly allow the collective stick to spring to center.

Once this is done, you can use the ▲▼ adjustment screw to tune the amount/tightness of the collective stick. It needs to have a fair amount of tension to be accurate and consistent. You can also use the adjustment screws on the back of the radio behind the square rubber covers to fine tune the feel. You probably want the feel to match your elevator.

After you do this, go into the radio settings and re-calibrate the sticks. And if your using Vbar, reset the center position from the transmitter tab.

I have had my collective spring to center for about a year now. Doing so has greatly improved the precision of my flying. This makes finding zero pitch (or any ° of pitch I choose) is as easy as letting go of the left stick.

If you try this, be careful! The heli will not hover at zero pitch. If you let go of the stick, the heli will drop. In forward flight, letting go of the left stick, the heli will settle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in