Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos

Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Compass Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl View Post
If you DON'T have a kit, I don't even know why your posting about this, just sit back and wait until the final few bugs are worked out and get yours, what is the problem?
Some of us were actually awaiting the 7HV as a possible 'next' heli. This rushed and multiple problem product launch reflects poorly on the overall business health of Compass Models. I understand the reps wanting to smooth it over here on this forum. However, to say we should just keep our negative opinions to ourselves is not a constructive response either, especially from a rep. Compass needs to hear that they may have lost future sales over this launch.
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Crawl isn't a rep. He's an enthusiast.

My only real comment is that I've bought quite a few different models right when they were released, and they all had issues, some of which were way worse than any the 7hv currently has.

With that said, I'm disappointed that we didn't get a lot of the info in this thread sooner. I permanently modified my canopy(by removing material) long before we were told that front canopy standoffs exist for the model.

[ SAB Goblin ][ Trex 450 Pro ]
Azlum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steve,

When I get mine, you can examine it and try it, if you like. I am still looking forward to it.

I hope to see you in Miramar next week sir!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlum View Post
Crawl isn't a rep. He's an enthusiast.
OK, my mistake. I assumed since he has 'Nankin Hobby' in his sig that he's a rep. No offense meant to anyone here. Compass has a great group of 'enthusiasts' who are always willing to share and help each other.

Richard, thanks for the offer to try your 7HV, if I get down to Miramar, I'll certainly have a good close look, at least...
Old 07-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those are just my personal opinions. I am biased (obviously), Compass and Nankin have been great to me, and while I would love to be a rep, I am currently not

I understand your point, but at the same time my personal opinion is still that in no time the kits will be perfect, and only us few early adopters will even remember the current problems.

If they waited forever for a launch they would've lost just as many (if not more sales) to people waiting to buy a new E90 as we all know it's very hard to hold off. Not to mention the coming release of the X7, Goblin 700, Envy E90, etc..
Old 07-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steve,

"Richard, thanks for the offer to try your 7HV, if I get down to Miramar, I'll certainly have a good close look, at least."

I don't have it yet, so I won't have one at Miramar-later this summer, hopefully.

At Miramar, I will have the Atom, 6HV, Knight 3D, and Odin II. Maybe the ancient Trex 600E with the TracX head, also.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I meant to add to my post... Make no mistake that I will be getting a 7HV and it will come from Nankin. I believe Compass will work these early release issues out and it will be a fantastic heli. I look at the stock status on the 7HV at Nankin on a daily basis as I eagerly await the revised kits to come in stock.

My earlier post was not meant as a complaint, but more of an observation of my experiences in the manufacturing arena.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1...I agree. It already is a great heli with some relatively minor early production snags. Notice that they didn't hide anything or blame the users. Open admission to issues they stepped up to resolve. For another heli as great as my 6HV, I am willing to roll with it.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I have been reading all the 7HV threads and am watching from the wings patiently.....
As others have said at least the issues are out front and being addressed. Once the problems are fixed if it is anything like the 6HV it will be one awesome machine.....
Old 07-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Canopy standoffs

I hope I can use the forthcoming canopy standoffs elsewhere other than the zip tie holes. I am using them rto run all of the wires from the front tray to the rear. In fact, I'd hope I could simply drill a couple of holes into the carbon and use self-tap or tight-fitting machine screws to retain them so I don't have to do much disassembly. Presumably, it won't require a hole in the canopy as it's only functioning to maintain clearance of the canopy to the drive gear.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

What is important is that the manufacturer is addressing the issues, and remains open to improvement suggestions in the future.
This is the way forward for compass as a brand.
If they listen to input from end users, and continue to make changes/improvements where necessary, they will do very well.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTM View Post
What is important is that the manufacturer is addressing the issues, and remains open to improvement suggestions in the future.
If they listen to input from end users, and continue to make changes/improvements where necessary, they will do very well.
OK then, how come the swash guide (anti-rotation bracket) device on the 6HV has never been corrected. We still have to hog out a bunch of material with most servo brands to get a decent pitch range. Yes, they did fix the fragile landing gear on the 6HV but I think all they needed to do was change the material used. A new swash guide would require some retooling. I LOVE the way my 6HV flies and I am trying to decide between Compass and Align for my second big ship.

I just looked at Nankin's web site to verify that the swash guide hadn't been redesigned and I see they are out of side frames again. We now have ONE parts supplier in the USA. There were supposedly 3 when I bought my 6HV. You guys want to gloss over the poorly launched 7HV, that's fine. There was a significant lack of communication or co-ordination with logistics concerning the rushed 7HV launch. That situation and the declining dealer network make it seem to me like the company may be in a bit of financial trouble. Question is, do I want to draw more cards or just hold...
Old 07-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll take my dremeled anti-rotation bracket 6HV and Nankin over a 600E pro or 550 or any other Align product any day .

I can't say I've been stoked with the 7HV release, but like said, they are working on it. They are sending us updated parts, they are talking with the customers to solve and replace any issues.

Tell me do you think all the people who bought an A600E Pro are getting the updated parts for free? Do you think its no big deal that Align overlooked the terrible tail gear ratio and blowouts? The solution is to run a ridiculous headspeed and buy your own 105mm+ blades for your brand new heli that didn't come with them. There are more examples but this is a recent one. Nowhere did I see Align posting this info, this was brought to the attention of the public BY the public.

All heli's have issues on release, the real question is how it is taken care of, which with Align means it's your problem.

I'll stick with Compass and Nankin
Old 07-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl View Post

Tell me do you think all the people who bought an A600E Pro are getting the updated parts for free? Do you think its no big deal that Align overlooked the terrible tail gear ratio and blowouts?
Yes, each to their own brand of poison. I'm well aware of that problem and the alternate fixes, which include the 105 blades or changing the tail ratio back with existing and available parts. Immediate and available parts support, that's the main concern for me. If I can't get Align parts at either of my two LHS, I can get them in countless Internet shops for the foreseeable future. I have literally hundreds of flights between my Trex 500 and Trex 450 pros and not one single parts failure yet. So, I'm not apposed to buying another Align. I really don't care if their 'customer support' is nearly non-existent.

How the machine flies is also very important to me. That's why I'm still hanging on the fence here. My 6HV flies like no other ship I've ever owned, I like the light disk loading and floaty flying style. The 600 E Pro is, near as I can tell, a full pound heavier.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Steve,

i know a lot of guys have trouble with the "so called" poor parts supply for Compass because there's only one distributor. Isn't it the same for Mikado in the USA, nobody complains about that if i recall well.

I've stated this more than once, you guys are spoiled in the USA. Some of you want part supplies on each corner of the street. I live in Belgium where there's not one shop for Compass. The closest one for me is one in Holland, our neighbours or i need to order in Germany also one of our neighbours. But this has never grounded one of my Compass heli's.

I know when you crash you want to be back in the air as soon as possible, but you know patience is a virtue

I myself always have to order abroad, and i'm not making this a point to decide if i would fly a certain brand. The only thing that matters to me is if the heli is wel built and flies well. And yeah, Compass heli's do ....

Grtz,
Dirk
Dflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #36 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

And just to add to what Dirk said, I've had much better luck finding parts in stock at Nankin for my Compass machines than I did at ReadyHeli for my Logo 500.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own five Compass machines (and looking forward to a six-a 7HV).

I have been flying Compass helicopters since a short time after they appeared in this country (when MTA Hobbies was the distributor).

I have never, ever, on any occasion, had a Compass machine out of service due to lack of parts (since long before I flew for them as a Field Representative or Team Pilot).

I have my choice of quite a few different machines to fly at the moment: TT/Raptors, Align 600E and 700E, Kyosho, Logo 600 3D, and Compass.

Out of all these, the Compass machines fly the best (most nimble, most stable, best handling), and are the most reliable (IMHO).

If I had to give up all of my helicopters except one, I would keep the 6HV!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #38 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
I have never, ever, on any occasion, had a Compass machine out of service due to lack of parts (since long before I flew for them as a Field Representative or Team Pilot).
You've been lucky and/or have ordered lots of spares. I have had two or three instances of not being able to get a part. The 0.4mm thick 6HV tail shaft shims are one example: neither A Main nor Nankin had them in stock for a couple of weeks.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTM View Post
Highly agreed on this statement! There are problems, they are being corrected, and it's wide open for everyone to see.... this is how it should be. This heli is one NICE machine.... it keeps calling my name..
Old 07-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just hope the motor is the beast they've promised. With so much invested (for my budget anyway...I sold two excellent flying FB birds to build the 7HV), I won't accept less than what I've seen on video and reports (except of course, for my flying skills ). Open dialog will also help Compass improve our machine, provided our criticism is constructive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in