Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2015, 05:59 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I did see pictures of one with the trex fbl head. I don't remember what they had to do to put it on but it did work. I didn't like the rjx head on the radical . it didn't seam to fit as nice as I thought it should but it did work. the century head is the way to go. unless you can find another brand. my current g20 has the century head on. works great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FBL head for Radikal G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo200sx16 View Post
I did see pictures of one with the trex fbl head. I don't remember what they had to do to put it on but it did work. I didn't like the rjx head on the radical . it didn't seam to fit as nice as I thought it should but it did work. the century head is the way to go. unless you can find another brand. my current g20 has the century head on. works great.
Thanks, Iikewise I'd prefer to stick with a Century FBL head but the one designed to fit the Radikal G20 has been back ordered on Helicopter Worlds' site for quite awhile with no indications of when it's expected to be available again. I contacted Century and asked if I could order one directly from them since their only US distributor was out of stock. Sadly Century wrote back basically saying they don't take orders direct from customers and I'd have to go through one of their distributors. I'm not in a rush since the heli still flies good as is. I just want to get away from the mechanical mess of the flybarred system. Again, thanks for the info on compatibility of the Align FBL head. I received an email from Hobby King recently indicating the RJX FBL head for 50-sized heli's has been discontinued. That being the case it's a toss-up between the Align and the Century.
rcourtney671 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 03:10 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here you can still buy an Rjx head for the 700 in either a 10mm shaft (shown) or a 12mm.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/t-rex-7...1001-edn-1127/
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 03:55 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FBL head for Radikal G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907Heli View Post
Here you can still buy an Rjx head for the 700 in either a 10mm shaft (shown) or a 12mm.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/t-rex-7...1001-edn-1127/
Thanks, my Trex 700N (HWC Gasoline converted) is rockin an Align DFC head system and flies great. What I'm in the market for rather what I want to do is convert my Century Radikal G20 from flybarred to flybarless. The Radikal G20 has a 10mm main shaft and bearing blocks designed for a 50-sized heli. As previously noted I'd prefer using the Century 30-50 sized heli FBL head, but if it's not gonna be available in this millennium then I'll likely go with an Align Trex 600N FBL head, as I'm lead to believe some have had success with fitting that on a Radikal G20. The one at the link you provided may be an acceptable albeit more pricey option as well, thanks.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Have you checked with any of the Canadian distributors? I think there are a few.
Ted

I always have fun. Some times are more fun than others.
I can't remember half the crap I forgot.
strat1960s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2015, 03:49 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat1960s View Post
Have you checked with any of the Canadian distributors? I think there are a few.
Ted
Yeah, I checked the various Canadian hobby shops but none seem to carry the Century 30-50 sized FBL head or have any in stock. Will likely order the Align Trex 600N, FBL head or the RJX head from the site 907heli suggested yesterday. Leaning more toward the Align because replacement parts are more readily available.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:12 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Help! Wanted....NEED a Stator Gator for a Zenoah G20EI heli motor. Radikal g20 went down.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:25 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default G20 FB converted to FBL

Got mine converted from flybarred to flybarless using the Align Trex 600 FBL head. It flies great and has lots of power although I'm just a sport flyer. Posted a few pics on the thread "Want to convert Radikal G20 Flybarred to Flybarless"

Last edited by rcourtney671; 04-18-2016 at 04:39 AM.. Reason: Pictures uploaded aren't showing
Old 04-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Figured I better post this here before I crash this relic.
Flew this morning before work. I plan to switch to FBL but it took me three years to build my G30 (which still has not run but is fuel ready) and my Hawk Pro decided to break this morning as well. Needless to say, the G20 is the only one that flies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	648387  
gboden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

you still in killeen?

I had to fix my modded G20...had a really bad vertical tail shake. So broke it all down, took the tail assembly off, tested it with a dremel spining the front spur gear while holding the tail boom, tail ran good, but noticed a fair amount of slop between the front and rear crown gears, so installed thin spacers to get rid of most of the slop. then proceeded to get rid of the excess slop between the main gear and pinion...then checked the head....noticed that the main rotor was not running quite perpendicular to the main shaft (used a dial indicator) so readjusted the two main hub pinch bolts to bring it as close to perfect...

Engine also had to be fixed as I was trying a new roller bearing from the lower conrod. it failed as the roller bearing cage was made from some sort of "super" plastic...well, guess it was not super enough. after machining a new Titanium connecting rod, hardened bearing races, etc. replaced the roller bearing with an original roller bearing from a stock zenoah...so the engine is back to normal making 3.3Hp...

hopefully I found the problem to the vertical tail shakes by adjusting the pinch bolts in the main hub...everything else is balanced and lined up.
gassed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 11:01 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

If someone needs one I have a Century V2 torpedo muffler in the for sale section.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=741020

Last edited by KSHeli; 04-22-2016 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Corrected the link
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 01:28 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ram, is that you or someone else in Killeen modding G20's?
Not in Killeen anymore, been in Alaska for the past three years. Guess I should update the profile. Been hard to fly here with everything else to do in this state.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:36 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah, it me... still hanging on to my two radikals...I rarely buy parts for them anymore, easier/better to make the parts that I need...as long as I dont crash

wonder how much longer Century is going to hang on to the product line...
gassed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2016, 11:19 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think century will hold onto their lines for a while, as for US distributor, well I think that is a different story. Heli-world might be the last US distributor and they don't seem to carry much other than a few kits and parts. Time will tell since no one else will.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:21 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Either that or Century Helicopters should setup their system to enable customers to place online orders directly with them. I have no idea what that would entail but if the demand is there and the potential to make money exists, why not? I understand it's easier to simply deal through distributors but if your distributor is no longer distributing your products no one wins and the money you could have made will go to your competitors.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:14 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Prop hub, stud, washer, and bolt

Hey guys, airplane flyer here attempting to build a higher performance lighter zenoah airplane motor out of parts from various engines.... I'd like to use the prop adapter parts off the g20 because it has the most elegant solution for magnet placement and eliminates the need for a longer crank and flywheel.

Do any of you heli guys still have your take-off parts sitting around? I'd also be happy to purchase a reasonably priced zenoah ignition sensor + unit as well if anyone decided to go to rcexl or others for the lower current draw. Flip me a PM or post here if you have parts you'll let go.

Thanks!
Wheels_78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2016, 07:33 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I will look and see what I have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in