Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X BL

mCP X BL Blade Micro mCP X Brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Breif words of wisdom to ye whos new to MCPXBL:

Hello to all! I've just acquired a used (but very nice shape) MCPXBL. My current Blade fleet includes: SR, SR-UH1,200SRX, MSRX, Nano CPX, 300X and 180CFX. I've flown circuits with all but the 180 (as weather fails to permit) and do ok. I don't fly 3D, mainly just zip around. Without reading every thread on the MCPXBL forum I was hoping to get a brief synopsis of things to beware of and look out for with this new bird. I have decent experiance with what to phtsically look for but figured I'd ask around about this helis tendancies, strengths and weaknesses. Thanks to all who respond. Fly well.
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2015, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The tail will wag some, don't let it bother you. If your tail boom is still hollow, expect it to break soon and get some 2.5mm CF rod to make some new ones. Kbdd tail rotors are the toughest. Lynx 2-blade 42mm I think fly the best. I've had trouble with the 3-blade Lynx tail rotors slipping on the shaft. Reinforce your canopy on the inside with packing tape or plasti-dip. I coat my tail motor wires with liquid tape to prevent wire damage and tail motor or 3n1 failure. Try not to crash tail first, the tail boom/frame junction is prone to failure.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just learned about cleaning the servos. Last time i flew, I was doing some simple back flips and they would end with the heli flying all willynilly all over the sky. Luckily I was able to regain control each time it happened but I am hoping it has to do with dirty servo contacts. That is the conclusion I came to after reading a bit on the interwebs. It seems to be a regular occurrence with linear servos and cleaning them is a bit like micro surgery.

So anyway, that is something to think about if your heli starts acting erratic. Unfortunately I will not be able to test mine for awhile, till I find a new radio. Note to self, don't drop your radio.

The other main thing to know is, fly it over grass and hit throttle hold before it goes in and the thing is darn near indestructible. Especially if you have replaced the hollow tail.

One more thing. If you do crash, make sure the main gear has not slid down the main shaft. It is pretty easy to just hold the top of the rotor and press the gear back up. I use an old pen cap to make it a little easier.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2015, 12:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you gentlemen. Advice noted and taken. I appreciate your time.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Deffo packing tape in the canopy. I also blob a bit of hot glue on the landing gear mounting pegs to try to save a few more of them. Doesn't work, but I do it!

I just changed back from the extended tail boom to the standard and the wag is back but it's not really too bad. Not really a hovering helicopter, but I tend to just zoom it around with no real plan and it does me fine.

I can recommend the rkh grips and agree that the thing is very nearly crash proof if you hit throttle hold. But not the porcelain landing gear.
p0ng0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Two other upgrades that are worth it after you break the stock components.

1 - new swash. The stock one will separate in a crash and not stay back together. I

2 - skids - Air Time Products make skids that are very durable. I was going through about a set a month until I got the air times ones. They lasted more like 6 months for me. Even though they're more expensive, they're worth it.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks dudes!
Old 02-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
That is the conclusion I came to after reading a bit on the interwebs. It seems to be a regular occurrence with linear servos and cleaning them is a bit like micro surgery.
Get yourself a can of deoxite. Quick shot into each servo clears them right up without needing to take them apart.

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-Deo.../dp/B00006LVEU
Krinaman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2015, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I posted this tip same time I found plastidip and posted regarding that,,,now I am being serious here,laugh if you like but try to see the savings that can be made.,,,a wooden barbeque skewer is the same width as the mcpx tail,,so cut and shape and you have a tail you wont mind breaking mainly because I think you get a bag of skewers for around3 bucks,,thats 200 tails.When I posted this before people laughed,,but I learned to fly inverted on my mcpx and broke many tails,,so you can see the cash saving I made.
You fit the skewer tail and twist the tail wire around it,then secure the wire to the tail,I used tape.
If you have plenty cash laugh away,,but if you want to fly on the cheap this is the way to go.On heliguy website I put a video of me standing on my mcpx canopy,,it was flat to the ground,and when I step off it returns to its shape,,plastidip on the inside of any plastic canopy will strenghthen it.
bill rob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2015, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill rob View Post
I posted this tip same time I found plastidip and posted regarding that,,,now I am being serious here,laugh if you like but try to see the savings that can be made.,,,a wooden barbeque skewer is the same width as the mcpx tail,,so cut and shape and you have a tail you wont mind breaking mainly because I think you get a bag of skewers for around3 bucks,,thats 200 tails.When I posted this before people laughed,,but I learned to fly inverted on my mcpx and broke many tails,,so you can see the cash saving I made.
You fit the skewer tail and twist the tail wire around it,then secure the wire to the tail,I used tape.
If you have plenty cash laugh away,,but if you want to fly on the cheap this is the way to go.On heliguy website I put a video of me standing on my mcpx canopy,,it was flat to the ground,and when I step off it returns to its shape,,plastidip on the inside of any plastic canopy will strenghthen it.
Plus at the end of the day you get to have barbeque!

Seriously that's a great idea. I can wrap the practice boom in high vis vinyl and no one will ever be the wiser!
Giddygal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in