Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 04:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default My mCPX has lost its power....

Hello guys,

I am having a strange issue on my mCPX. Basically when I bought it in Christmas, I could flip it very good and at the end of the flip I could put some collective and catch it. But now, after ~450 flights - maybe more - It has started to have very little power. I have the pitch at around +-55 on ATVs and when I punch it I can hear the motor just bog down a little bit still. So when I flip it now and go to catch it, it just bogs real hard and almost touches the ground while the tail barely holds. I am very good at managing the collective and I can flip and roll my 450X all day long. Its a V1 and has original board and main motor, while I have gone through 4 tail motors. I have the extended boom if that matters. If anyone needs more info, I can provide it.

Thanks,
Andrew
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 04:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Time for a new main motor or batteries or both by the sound of it, or the power lead connections (either end) have frayed.
UKHeliBob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just started throwing out my batteries. I had almost twenty of them at one time but just recently noticed some of them losing significant power early on after being charged . I thought it was my motor at first, but having two MCPXs, I could compare the same batteries as a reference.

I had two good batteries this morning and the difference is huge. So much fun zooming through the neighborhood!

I am thinking of getting Hyperions, but I have bad luck with the, in other sizes before. They seem universally liked in this size for the MCPx.

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Batteries make a huge difference and I am seriously condsidering naming mine LiPo Killer. I have never flown anythig before that is so hard on LiPolys. I have tried like six different brands and they all start to lose puch after 20 to 30 flights,some even sooner..

The fact you have 450 flights on a original brushed motor really surprises me I had no idea they could last that long.
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If u want power I would switch over to a BL setup. Theres tons of power there.
MCPX BL(#1 V1 Hp05s/120SR tail, V1 C05m/Dual coreless tail)
Nano cpx stock
Trex 450 Pro, Spektrum Dx6i, Phoenix
tommy217xxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thank you all. I too cant believe the motor has lasted that long cause I had past experience with blade helis and I used to go through them a lot. Thats why now its the first thing I am going to change. I will get some batteries too, i have 2 Thunder Power ones that have 100 flights each along with 2 stocks and a Turnigy, but I always charged them at 5C so I cant really complain. On the BL, I would do it now, if the motor on the 450X wasn't going out and I need the founds for a Scorpion one.Maybe another time. Also with the BL flying and flipping in my house becomes a little scary and damage costs a little more.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yestersday morning at the field I thought my mCPX was acting a bit strange and then last evening at home it started to lose power very early in the flight. I tried 3 different known to be good batteies and had the same low power,changing head speed etc. with all of them. I replaced the motor last night and two test flights this morning and all seems fine now.

My mCPX V2 motor had 189 flights on it of just over 4 minutes each. I do not fly 3D just FFF , figure eights,circuits and back flips. I have had mine for just over 5 weeks and have many post trying to find out how long main and tail motors last and there seems to be a lot of difference between flyers. Logicly the harder you fly the faster they woukld wear out but then it also depends on the number and severity of crash how well it is maintained etc. There is also very often a great deal of difference in the quailty of brushed motors ,even ones that are suppose to be the same.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I replaced the first motor at 265 flights and I am just going to replace it again at 283. Yesterday, the motor was so tired, the poor little bird could barely climb. It sort of creeps up on you. You don't notice the heli is getting tired until one day, it just sort of falls to the grass and, of course, you think its a dud battery. But it ends up being a tired motor. Once you put a new motor in, you wished you had done it earlier.

I think 200 to 250 flights is pretty good for a motor. Better than the mSRX, that is for sure.
Lord Nelson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
balde, bog, mcpx, motor, no power

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in