Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ZYX-S2 anyone done this?

have a zyx-s2 brand new..
1. I would like to know if we can use a full JR/ spektrum receiver ( not satellite only)...on th s2 ? or am I stuck on the satellite only system..?
2. wont connect on windows 8... win7 perfect..no problems
tarot is so vague.....any gurus...out there?

Last edited by 8sman; 09-10-2014 at 04:47 PM..
8sman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

1) Yes you can hook it up to a conventional receiver. See the diagram in the receiver tab in the setup page with conventional receiver type selected.
2) assuming you are using a satellite, you should bind the satellite with the conventional receiver, then plug it in as shown on the non conventional receiver type page.
If you still have conventional receiver type selected in the dropdown, it may be the reason for the blinking yellow.
But first,
For the unconnected problem, make sure the connector is seated well in the ZYX-S2. The shrink wrap may be holding it out some.
Once I had to file down some of the heli frame to make it fit in well.

One more thing. I dont see any green button on the zyx assistant software. Perhaps you are using the older ZYX-S software? That wont work with the zyx-s2
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thnx jbitliter...but you did not answer my question...
my question is>
can I use the Tarot zyx-s2 using a full spektrum/JR RECIEVER..(NOT Satellite only) ?
IM USING 1.1 tarot zyx s2... it recognizes the Com port. but wont connect to tarot..no matter what... yes there a green button next to com port.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought my item 1) answered it. Yes you can use a conventional receiver. The picture shows the hook-up

The green arrow next to the comm port is always green even if there is no dongle or you select the wrong comm port. Success communicating is indicated in the lower right of the page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	convventional receiver.jpg
Views:	1893
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	535133  
Old 09-09-2014, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried that....it wont connect with software...1.1 no matter what I do..i did get the light t turn solid red.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

That green arrow is a selector for the correct comm port. Without the dongle plugged in
You may see 1 or 2 coms COM1 and COM3 for example. When the dongle is plugged in you should see a new COMx show up (mine shows as COM4). The new one is the one you should select.
What operating system are you using. Did you install the usb driver for the op system. Its in the zyx install folders
Old 09-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

its wndows 8....then im screwed..,, had my brother use his laptop win7.. connected perfect...I don't have myown win7 computer anymore.. Damn,u win8 !!

Last edited by 8sman; 09-10-2014 at 01:22 AM..
Old 09-10-2014, 05:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're getting a code 10 error when you plug in the USB dongle you have the wrong USB driver. Are you seeing a "com 4" in the drop down arrow box in the software when you try to connect? Select com4.
Nihilistic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 06:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check out this thread and see if it helps. Not sure if it pertains to the S2 as well as the ZYX-S.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6444
Nihilistic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

com pertains to which port u connected the usb...it should automatically be detected by the software...IT CONNECTS FINE ..ON WINDOWS 7..
Old 09-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sman View Post
com pertains to which port u connected the usb...it should automatically be detected by the software...IT CONNECTS FINE ..ON WINDOWS 7..
Former Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems Support Tech and active MS Beta Tester here..

Win8 sucks.

This is a classic hardware incompatibility issue. MS had them with I was supporting Win3.x, Win9x, NT, Win2K and WinXP.

Tarot uses a standard run of the mill USB to Serial adapter based on the Prolific PL2303 chipset. There are versions of this chipset that are supported by Windows 8.

Check this link: http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowPr...id=225&pcid=41

The ZYX will flash the yellow LED if it does not have signals from a receiver. If you are going with a conventional receiver configuration YOU MUST HAVE the slots marked Pit/Ele/Aux, Ail, and Rud populated and connected to the appropriate slots on the receiver. The receiver must be bound to a TX and both TX and RX must be powered up. Make sure the connectors are fully seated.

If you go through Setup and you cannot get either roll or pitch (nose up/down) to work properly, try swapping the servos plugged into channels 1 and 2 at the gyro.

After you have completed Setup, be sure to click "WriteFlash" to insure the current settings have been save to the gyro. Before you close the software, click 'SaveConfig' and save the current configuration data.
Oldgazer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in