Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2016, 06:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I took a few years off and sold all my helis a few years back but just flew flybar as well and then in April my lady bought me a 450x for my birthday cause I always talked about how I need to get a hobby again and how I loved helis. Little did she know she just gave dope to a junkie lol 6 helis later and now one plank.. I now have 6 Bavarian demons and I absolutely love the way they fly. I'm going to try to put one on the plank eventually

As I said above make sure all the corrections are correct. That's one of the most important things to check with these. If not it will amplifie the direction it's tilting and destroy stuff. Don't even think ah it'll be ok cause it wont. If in doubt check it out.
Bm421 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reminder. I've always re-checked stuff if in doubt. That was why I kept asking again for confirmation.

I knew what you meant about "rc heli dope". Those rc helis never stop amazing us (and the will to shell out big cash ). You got six BD 3SX and I got only two and an Ikon 2 with BT for now

Btw the CC tech guy confirmed the same results in gov mode with motor not connected to a gear drive. But another issue that the remote gov gain stopped working after I put channel assignment 7 on BD sw back to default. Have you tried this with CC 120A Edge?
RFCXPerT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFCXPerT View Post
Just to confirm with you that 7.7 elevator pitch is ok for the BD 3SX to fly?

I told the same thing about no load vs load to CC tech support. But in fixed endpoints mode datalog showed 0 to 100% power output wo anything connected to the motor? I still believe in gov mode wo any load on the motor it would show the same 26% power output but let's wait on what CC tech support has to say today.
Sorry RFCXPrT, I was gone all weekend I hadn't viewed any posts.
BD recommends 9-10* pitch limits when setting up the elevator and aileron, you then limit the response with the agility setting in the software or DR in your Tx. Make sure your pitch curves are 0-100% and linear when doing the setup, you set what ever pitch curve you want afterwards, just 0-100% for setup.

Last edited by KSHeli; 09-19-2016 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: ADDED; Sorry RFCXPrT, I was gone all weekend I hadn't viewed any posts.
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 04:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSHeli View Post
Sorry RFCXPrT, I was gone all weekend I hadn't viewed any posts.
BD recommends 9-10* pitch limits when setting up the elevator and aileron, you then limit the response with the agility setting in the software or DR in your Tx. Make sure your pitch curves are 0-100% and linear when doing the setup, you set what ever pitch curve you want afterwards, just 0-100% for setup.
The elevator can get only to +-7.7 wo binding at low stick. The question was is that ok to leave it at that or it has to be at least 9 or more?

Are you saying the binding can be avoided by lowering the agility setting in the sw or DR in Tx? Which means reduce the elevator travel range? I'm not clear on this binding issue.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

i don't use live tune on gov I set it fly if I like it I leave it and really don't bother after that. In regards to elevator I tried on my first set up to get 9/10 on ele. And it would throw my ale. Numbers out so when I set mine I do 9/10 on ale. And max without bind one ele and they perform beautifully.
90 degrees with 0 pitch is spot on and the dfc grips have no room to go lower to take away from the added length to achieve those numbers on elevator. And if I went lower I can't get more then 10 degrees pitch low stick. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	672433 only heli I brought to work tonight.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFCXPerT View Post
The elevator can get only to +-7.7 wo binding at low stick. The question was is that ok to leave it at that or it has to be at least 9 or more?

Are you saying the binding can be avoided by lowering the agility setting in the sw or DR in Tx? Which means reduce the elevator travel range? I'm not clear on this binding issue.
So your setting your swash to give -4.5 at mid stick and then you only get 7.7 at full collective, is this what you are saying? I'm not a scale pilot, so if this is where you at i'll let someone with scale setup step with the BD3 in here.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So your setting your swash to give -4.5 at mid stick and then you only get 7.7 at full collective, is this what you are saying? I'm not a scale pilot, so if this is where you at i'll let someone with scale setup step with the BD3 in here.
I over read that. I do scale lazy type flying so how fast it can roll and flip isn't a issue that being said. you don't set - pitch to mid stick till after you set your limits you do 0 for initial set up and then you set collective offset for desired -pitch at mid. I normally do -2.5 degrees pitch at mid stick.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bm421 View Post
I over read that. I do scale lazy type flying so how fast it can roll and flip isn't a issue that being said. you don't set - pitch to mid stick till after you set your limits you do 0 for initial set up and then you set collective offset for desired -pitch at mid. I normally do -2.5 degrees pitch at mid stick.
I would think set your swash to middle of travel range with linear pitch curve 0-100 100-0-100 whatever your Tx range is then level and then set to 0. After that then set aileron and elevator max's at 9-10. Afterwards set the pitch curve and offset to what you want. Adjust the agility to your liking then using the software or DR in the Tx. DEMONjoe always says 9-10* limits to get the best out of the BD. I know I manytimes have to adjust the + - pitch curves after flying to get what I want. I know I flown others that have them set differently and they didn't know they had more + or -, I could sure tell it though.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not an expert with these in no way correct me if I'm wrong. Setting it high then backing it off would be the same as setting it where I like it from the get go? When he says getting the most I'm assuming that's 3D with high rates? In the 9/10 pitch it specifically says for 3D models.

Wow off topic but watching the new Baltimore is looking to out right ban replica guns do to a 13 year old pointing a pellet gun or something at a cop and getting himself shot. How about parents being parents and teach their kids better then that smh. If my parents ever thought I do soothing like that I still wouldn't be able to sit down.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:09 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bm421 View Post
i don't use live tune on gov I set it fly if I like it I leave it and really don't bother after that. In regards to elevator I tried on my first set up to get 9/10 on ele. And it would throw my ale. Numbers out so when I set mine I do 9/10 on ale. And max without bind one ele and they perform beautifully.
90 degrees with 0 pitch is spot on and the dfc grips have no room to go lower to take away from the added length to achieve those numbers on elevator. And if I went lower I can't get more then 10 degrees pitch low stick. Attachment 672433 only heli I brought to work tonight.
Which gov gain setting you selected? Nice setup it is there and you plan to fly it around at work?
Old 09-20-2016, 12:13 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes it is actually about +4.5 at mid stick but I measured elevator 7.7 at 0 pitch.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:30 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

So for scale flying around +-7.7 for elevator at 0 pitch is good enough? I probably will bump it up to around 9 even there will be binding at low stick but again this will not happen unless it is very extreme stick movement.

One more issue: on a level surface, spinning the main blades slowly by hand shows one blade sitting about 4mm higher than the other. Both have about the same pitch (0.3 offset) at mid stick or 0 pitch. Both blades have been tightened enough just like flying condition. I've heard dynamic balancing the main blades in hovering will correct this offset and this is what matters most. I did this in the past with my vintage nitro GMP Cobra and remembered it worked.

Also is it normal when spooling up there is vibration resonating across the main blades to their tips when it vibrates most. Of course this was done without the gear drive connected. It occurred within 25% to 40% on throttle curve with fixed endpoints mode in the CC ESC. It also occurred with IDLE UP 1 30% (1st set RPM setting in ESC). Past the 40% on throttle curve and in IDLE UP 2 at 70% (2nd set RPM setting in ESC) the vibration disappeared. Mine is Scorpion HK4035 500kV. Would it go away completely if the gear drive is connected? I really hope that will fix the vibration.

Any suggestion?
Old 09-21-2016, 05:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to clarify KSHeli, my understanding is that you would have the blades parallel with the boom to check aileron travel and at 90 degrees to check elevator.

Somebody also made a comment about setting pitch offset. My understanding here is that zero pitch at zero stick should be achieved manually (servo to swash links), not by using the software offset value. It does say 'not for acro' in the software but I could be interpreting this wrong.
Trainer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in