Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q

4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Walkera 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 4#3 with CB100 head

Hi guys, I just signed up on here. I got the helicopter bug but am a little short on knowledge, this seems to be the best place to ask.

I bought a 4#3b 3 years ago but could never fly it. After many crashes I needed to replace the head so I ordered all the bits for the newer CB100 and fitted them instead.

Now I noticed the CB100 swashplate has different angles between the ball mounts and others say they have modded the original 4#3 swashplate to use with this head, I decided to just try it and see if it worked.

Well I dont know if I have done the right thing but I can now hover and fly this heli around the room, something I could never do with the original head setup. I was quite impressed that without any knowledge of how to set these up I managed to guess the linkage lengths and with a few clicks on the trim was able to hover hands free for a couple of seconds on the maiden flight!

Have I done wrong to use the CB100 swash on the 4#3 ?
walkera graham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think theres anything wrong that you've done, when the heli is flying!
It's usually the other way around, something's wrong when the heli isn't flying...
Cheers!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks for the reply.
As soon as I get some better batteries I will give it a good test and see if it flies straight. I am still concerned that the pivots for the new swashplate are not in the same positions, I am expecting this will cause some drifting to the left or right as I engage forward flight. If it causes any unwanted effects I think I can use the swashplate from the newer flybarless model which has the same ball link fittings as the original.

I am having renewed enthusiasm with this hobby now I can actually take off and fly the thing.
walkera graham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CB100 Head?

I have a 4#3B I put a CB100 45 degree flybar on and it flies great. I have had a very challenging time flying the 4#3B and at least with the brushed version it is very easy to fly compared to the 90 degree paddles. I did switch 1 servo pin to the opposite side to straighten out the angle of the linkage. Both servo linkages are about 10-15 degrees off center but that would go away with switching your frame and servo holder to CB100. The swashplate locator is rotated towards the right vs the 4#3B frame and should make the angles go away. Mine flies really well for the first time ever, even with the angles.
jcssj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in