Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 02:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Share your 450 T-Rex Flybarless files and info here!!!

With Align coming out with their flybarless system soon, as well as Skookum and Total - G I suspect we will see many more flybarless fans soon, so thought to round up files and sharing directly for you 450 guys, here I share some tips and files for those who are thinking of going flybarless and considering the Mikado Mini-Vstabi system, this should help you out considerably.

Share your files and tips of ANY brand of flybarless equipment here, this is not restricted to V-Stabi at all.

For those who own a T-Rex 450 Pro and other 450 Rexes, thinking of using Mikado Mini Stabi this is for you....

As a disclaimer to all of you I will describe my setup, if you are running different servos, blades, etc expect "varied" results. However the basic file I will share will get 90% of the people to the races fast. I will include as much info as possible for those who are thinking of Mini Stabi to get theirs going as fast as possible. For those of you using either of these files it is up to "YOU" to ensure 100% that everything is working properly I take no responsibilty for you not doing so.

If you are NEW to vstabi entirely it is HIGHLY suggested you watch the videos on www.vstabi.de FIRST, as well to review your manual FIRST before proceeding, this is info to make it easier and learning the steps YOURSELF is a must!

I am using
Mikado Mini-Vstabi unit
5065MG Hitec Cyclic Servos
DS8910 MKS TR Servo
KDE Flybarless platform
Stock Align ESC
Scorpion -8 Motor
TP45C Packs
RJX Flybarless converion head
TP 330mm Main blades
Stock TR blades

Here are some build notes and directions on channels with the Mini Stabi

Some things to note up front I found.

1.) Unit is on AR arm plate, wires facing to tail. Channels are as follows, looking from back of helicopter, nose forward, elevator back servo = channel 1 in mini, Ail right servo = ch3, ail left = ch2, rudder of course is rudder. Note in my sharing files the expo is set to linear, meaning if you decide to use these files use "YOUR" tx expos, my Aileron and Elevator expos are 20% and TR is 25% in my TX. If you choose to set expo in software, then remember to not have any in your TX please. Adjust to the feel "YOU" like. And speaking of "feel" you will note my stick response is aggressive, as that is what "I' like, you may prefer normal etc, it's all about the feeling you prefer to your style is all.

2.) Note on mini stabi your trims will be much more in subtrim then in normal vstabi, like 11-20 depending on pots in DX7, also your endpoints could end up being 110-120, in TX only ch 2, 4 are reversed, rest are all normal. These are near the values you'll probably see for subtrim in your tx here... http://vstabi.de/wiki/index.php?titl...mit_Satelliten

3. ) I am 15.5mm out on stock Hitec horn, on cyclic. This is last hole out on these horns.

4.) On tail I used closest hole set on Futaba round wheel, MKS has same horns as Futaba BTW.. this works well it seems, I believe it is around 7mm or so spacing from center of horn. Depending on your tr servo you may need to experiment. Note* Shoot for a 40-55 range on each throw for tr endpoints, this should yield best resolution!

5.) ***** please note these files based on "THIS" equipment that I list!***

I suggest when you do bind process to use a rx battery and not your main battery as sometimes you may see a spool up you are not ready for, remember once you have all your TX calibrated to zero on sticks, all your endpoints done etc, remember you MUST rebind again so the mini knows your centers or it will piro unlevel and wierd like. I suggest also on your tail to set about 3-4 degrees of bite while in setup mode as that seems to be the centering find.

Also to add to this, do ensure on setup page to do your fine top and bottom collective trim as well, as this geometry kicks outs abit and could give funny tic tocs, so on your setup with a swash level tool ensure you are dead level, bottom full negative, middle and top.

Files are: Basic is toned down abit for a start for people using different servos, blades etc and will need to be tuned up for your liking with your "other" gear. Advanced is using same equipment as I am using at the distances and config mentioned here and for people who already deal with vbar stuff and know what they are doing from the get go. Users may reference either, differences are small but yet effective for more experienced pilots. I only advise referencing my Advanced file if YOU are USING exact equipment and KNOW what YOU are doing

Hope this helps to jump start a few peeps looking at going FBL with mini on their T-Rex, cheers.

Here are some pics for viewing and clarification if needed.

Attached Files
File Type: vbr T-Rex 450 Pro w RJX Head Basic.txt.vbr (5.6 KB, 571 views)
File Type: vbr T-Rex 450 Pro w RJX Head Advanced.txt.vbr (5.6 KB, 505 views)
File Type: vbr 450 wmik head.vbr (5.6 KB, 375 views)

Last edited by Finless; 02-01-2011 at 03:18 PM..
OICU812 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 12-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great Post!

I am building mine exactly the same way. Already have 2 KDE 700E's that are flybared and you know what they say, once you go FBL, you never go back!
1banger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2009, 07:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally got some quality time with my FBL Pro, OMG what a bird
Setup is:

Mini Vbar/1 sat cables towards tail
Modded stock head, MH was crap, waiting for RJX
5065 second hole
9257 9mm
Scorpion 2010/10t on 8s
CC 30HV Esc
CC Bec
Lowerd battery tray with KDE
Gorilla gear
KBDD tailblades
For now Torsion 325 blades, heavy (30g) but stable, will test 3D 335 to lower crash cost
Turnigy 4s 1000mah 20c x2, 235g
HS 3200-3400, 5 min flight time at 3400 and 3d.

I was hoping for a "big" 450, and that was what I got. I have read several threads talking about 450 Pro flies like a 500, and I did not belive it.
After a few packs and adjustments my thought was "what will I do with my 500?"
No answer yet

Here is my file, only the 0 bank is in use.
Attached Files
File Type: vbr 450pro.vbr (5.6 KB, 603 views)
Old 12-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Differents in flight ?

Thanks
nono is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never tried a stock Pro. I know the difference from FB to FBL from my other birds.
It is a blast

From an earliar thread:

I put a mini vbar on my 500, and had very high expectations, magic to be honest.
I was not disapointed

Suddenly my bird was on rails, super quiet, fast as he.. and LOTS of power.
Bailouts was super easy, when I moved the sticks to get it back on track it was like a hand grabbed the heli and just put it back, no lag or going in every direction like before, just bang and there it was.
The feeling you have when the tail is locked in, well think about the whole heli locked in.
Flying big is really fun, did not even do that before, the tail is great, going from my old 401 it was like a religious experience, I thought the 401 was ok, but sold all 3 I had the same day.
In the beginning it gave 1 min more flight time, but the abillity to fly harder changed the extra min into power use, I went from 4,5 min up to 5,5 min and back to 5min of raw power.
It gave my 8s 500 a top speed of 96 mph comming out from a loop.

The addiction kicked in instantly, and I got a Vbar for my 650, OMG, the stabillity and hang time of a 700 and the 3d speed of a 550, super cool
Handsoff inverted hoover for 1min and flips like 2 pr sec if I want. The best tail you can imagine, it is really great.
FFF with the 650 was insane, 112mph on the first try, maybe 1-2 sec of full throttle, the rest up to 75% and this was on a 3d setup.
The field become very small.

On top of all this you can have several setups and just flip a switch to go from mild to insane, 3 helis in one if you like. Hoover training or FFF or wild 3d in litterarly NO time.
I use this to test changes in the setup, I do a move with one setup and seconds after I do the same with the the other, if I like it I keep it, if not I switch back.

The support in this forum must be the best in the world, with experienced field reps online more or less 24/7 in the Mikado Vbar forum, and the support from Mikado is superb, they can(and do) actually log on to your machine online to check if needed.

If you like it or not is a personnal thing, there is no right or wrong, but if this is the future is a retorical question in my book.

Try it and see for yourself is the best

Last edited by Helipsyko; 12-29-2009 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: more info
Helipsyko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

PRO with Gyrobot700 and doit your self head mod.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00429.jpg
Views:	1360
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	134060   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00421.jpg
Views:	1881
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	134061   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00432.jpg
Views:	1416
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	134062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt-1.jpg
Views:	1239
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	134063  
southside81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2010, 03:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Is it easier to fly flybarless? No 3D flying in my case, yet
sharks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks View Post
Is it easier to fly flybarless? No 3D flying in my case, yet
Not easier or harder, just different is all.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

outside of a different flight are there any benefits of going flybarless... less drag, more effecient use of batt, longer flight times. i guess are there any performance benefits?
tia
KidHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All of what you mentioned, of course easier to repair for sure as you do not have all the clutter up top, weight loss so better power to weight ratio and more cyclic authority on loading the head and so fourth. Completely tuneable with a click or two, no lighter paddles, different length flybars etc to get different feel in flight.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
All of what you mentioned, of course easier to repair for sure as you do not have all the clutter up top, weight loss so better power to weight ratio and more cyclic authority on loading the head and so fourth. Completely tuneable with a click or two, no lighter paddles, different length flybars etc to get different feel in flight.
sweet that was exactly what i was wondering and it makes sense when you think about it. i just ordered some 5065's from ready heli and got my flybar lock from rick, now the question is to i want to start the build or save up for a fbl head set up... hmm . thanks for the response
Old 01-27-2010, 01:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

But is it optional to install a stabilization system, is this required? And what are the benefits?
sharks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 01:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Benifits were just discussed. A fbl without stabalization is extremely difficult to control and to be even half in control. Smaller the heli less stable of course.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is my FBL Pro

Mini V-Stabi with Spectrum
Modified Outrage Head
Align Blades
DS 410m Cyclic
Futaba S9257 Tail Servo
Carbon Fiber Tail Push Rod 2.5mm
Scorpin 2221-10 on 4S
Rhino 1750mah 25c
ESC YGE 40

The first Setup file is the Indoor Setup with about 2300rpm, the second one is for outdoor flying. I use 2 banks for flying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2021144.jpg
Views:	1150
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	137293   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2021155.jpg
Views:	977
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	137294  
Attached Files
File Type: vbr Hallensetup - Align 325mm - Drehzahl 36%.vbr (5.6 KB, 314 views)
File Type: vbr Outdoor Setup - Align 325mm - Drehzahl 50+54% FF2.vbr (5.6 KB, 328 views)
r013ert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2010, 02:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For all of you 3G owners by all means post your reference points etc, this is not isolated to Vbar at all, it is for everyone and whichever systems they wish to use!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i just saw where the align FBL kit is out, has anyone tried it yet? im between it and the skookum
Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RJX vs modded stock

I just changed from modded stock head to RJX, and WOW what a difference. I also lower the gain down to 40. I fitted a second tailfin, and the cg with 235g packs became spot on.
The bird is perfect, super smooth 3D and hands off hoover both ways.

Very happy.
Attached Files
File Type: vbr 450pro.vbr (5.6 KB, 402 views)

Last edited by Helipsyko; 02-15-2010 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: more data
Helipsyko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default dealers

Im new to heli and this area.Can someone tell me who sells
Align in Grande Prairie,alberta/
thanks
mona is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2010, 05:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona View Post
Im new to heli and this area.Can someone tell me who sells
Align in Grande Prairie,alberta/
thanks

No one to my knowledge, Great Hobbies, Hobby Wholesale both in Edmonton, Alberta both do. They have websites and you can call in your orders, one day by bus is all it takes as well, cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in