Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That motor is pretty hard to turn, so I doubt it's locking up, or the landing would have been considerably harder than it was (not that it was all that soft...)

That said, I'm sure the one way bearing sleeve has got that wavy rippled surface damage by now; it's been maybe 50 flights since I replaced it... So that's probably what you're hearing there on the spool down. Just fyi I got about 150 flights on my last one and is had the rippled surface damage pretty bad, but never locked up. I used high temp wheel bearing grease on it when I assembled it and that may be why?

-Fog
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogger
That motor is pretty hard to turn, so I doubt it's locking up, or the landing would have been considerably harder than it was (not that it was all that soft...)

That said, I'm sure the one way bearing sleeve has got that wavy rippled surface damage by now; it's been maybe 50 flights since I replaced it... So that's probably what you're hearing there on the spool down.

-Fog
I'm sure you're right but you might want to keep an eye on it, since it sure sounds a lot like mine. When I'm not locked, the mains spin for a good 20-30s with almost no gear noise and yours spun down pretty quickly.

Again, beautiful video!!
Old 03-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cbdane, I will be sure to check it often, thanks man. I think one of the reasons it spins down so fast is that I ususally pull full negative (~14deg) after I land to get it stopped...

My buddy from work brought a camera to the field a couple days ago to see if he could get a video of me flying. Turned out ok for a first effort I think . I was a little nervious and kept the flying pretty slow for the first flight so he could get used to following it. So here you go, nothing crazy...

Foggers Trex in the park flight off-board. (10 min 1 sec)

-Fog
Old 03-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OMG....IT'S PERFECT!
How long have you been flying again? Unbelievable! I like the smooth flying man!
You make me SO JEALOUS........

great music score btw.......
Old 03-30-2007, 02:56 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a video from my flying 6s 5000 Tp packs.

Great day at the local flying field here in south Norway :mrgreen:

Trex 600 (4 min 39 sec)
Giggen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2007, 04:35 PM   #66 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogger
My buddy from work brought a camera to the field a couple days ago to see if he could get a video of me flying. Turned out ok for a first effort I think . I was a little nervious and kept the flying pretty slow for the first flight so he could get used to following it. So here you go, nothing crazy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sx_f1XxX9o

-Fog
Beautiful - I find grand scale aerobatics so much more pleasing to watch than buzz-saw puppetry on the end of your trannie antenna.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:19 PM   #67 (permalink)

Look out!!!

This weekend, I might be able to hold a steady hover.

Going to be a while before I make a video.... Please, keep the coming guys.
PsychoPilot145 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2007, 04:46 PM   #68 (permalink)

Nice vid Giggen :mrgreen:

Ticidytoc, I dont see your first videos... "not found"
Michael Fox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2007, 01:21 AM   #69 (permalink)

Hi!

Here is a new Video of my t rex 600...

http://hang.brainstyle.ch/nicolas/22-4-07-trexnk.wmv

Greetings Nicolas
abcdefg0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2007, 04:35 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is my Trex 600 Video:

http://media.putfile.com/Trex-at-15042007
helimodelista is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2007, 08:37 AM   #71 (permalink)
sky-t

Where can i see a quality video of a t-rex 600 not doing any funny things e.g tricks and 3d flying, every vid i download is 3d...3d...3d..3d, i just want to see the heli up close while flying mildly, hovering and doing some nice conservative scale moves. Is that too much to ask. Please, i appreciate the skill it takes for all these 3d moves, just want to relax and enjoy watching a rex 600 flying scale like for a change.

anyone....?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #72 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

It's designed as a 3D heli so I dont think you will see many people flying it as "scale" dude....
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

LMAO.

I think there was one vid floatin around somewhere with a trex airwolf scale heli just cruising around... Pretty boring IMO, and the music gets old quick

-Fog
Old 05-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #74 (permalink)
sky-t

O.K i know you guys are die hard 3d'ers laughing away my post here, that's fine.

Sure, off course it's a 3d heli,

Let me tell you i respect your skill in flying like this, tell me to just do a loop with my 450xl and the rotor blades will probably end up in my face right after kicking over the sticks, yes right after. I'm not going to go into the reasons i want to see it flying like a full scale heli, obviously you guys will be insulted if someone were to say hey, "scale fly your t-rex it's really cool" or something along that line. Off course you would and that's just perfectly fine.

Guess it's just not normal to want to see a heli fly scale like?? I'm at the very beggining of learning to fly 3d with my 450, and find it very rewarding, i also like flying the boring moves for a cool down session, relaxed flying now, more aggressive flying tomorrow.

Yes then you would tell me, get a scale heli, that will be more acceptable by society
if you fly a scale heli, scale like. I don't have one and i want to see a standard t-rex 600 fly scale, you may laugh again, just one video or link please.

You may fake your identity, tell us it's a friend of yours learning fly. Or your little brother learning to spell ABC. :mrgreen:

If not, it's o.k, i'll try find one somewhere else.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #75 (permalink)
sky-t

Instead of the long reply above i should've just said please post me a t-rex 600 flying slowly and hovering FOR i want to listen to it and see it move through time and space in more detail. That would've eliminated the insult factor... :mrgreen:

Tooo late now
Old 05-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #76 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Actually it was meanty to be an insult just kind of funny....

But I will tell you SLOW scale flying is actually difficult. There are a lot of stick bangers out there that can do all sorts of 3D but when asked to do slow circuits like all nose in slow and low... They CANT do it!

I personally think to be REAL GOOD you have to be able to do all orientations in a circuit (left circles, right circles, left 8's right 8's etc) SLOW AND CONTROLLED before you should start bangin the heli around.

Just my opinion though... But most of the really good pilots will tell you this too.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #77 (permalink)
sky-t

I also heard somewhere it was not so easy to fly really,REALLY scale like but guessed it was irrelevant to mention it here, Finless i agree with all your words, after all, you are one of the Pro's here. :glasses2: :mrgreen:

Can't wait till i get a rex 600, maybe i should wait for the next version, this one looks, performs and sounds like a winner though.

Thanks

ST
Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you want to see a trex600 flying smooth with a lot of precision and scale like style, you need to download nick maxwell's F3C video from the "other" forum.
manu2604 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
There is my Trex 600 Video:

http://media.putfile.com/Trex-at-15042007
nice flying and nice music..Thalia baby!
manu2604 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2007, 07:36 AM   #80 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky-t
Instead of the long reply above i should've just said please post me a t-rex 600 flying slowly and hovering FOR i want to listen to it and see it move through time and space in more detail. That would've eliminated the insult factor... :mrgreen:

Tooo late now
OK - cr*p filming and cr*p flying but some of what you ask for ! If you like I can do more as I think 600 a great scale machine

Last edited by Mercuriell; 10-03-2015 at 07:27 PM..
Mercuriell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in