Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX MRS PROBLEM?

Hi.

I have just received my 250 Plus BTF.

After binding it to my DX8 the rudder keeps going to the left by itself.

When hovering I need to give constant right rudder to keep it straight.

All settings are as per the manual and sub trims are zero.

Is this a faulty MRS or can it be something else?

The bird came out of the box with a bent main shaft so I do not have any trust in the QC at align, I just want to sort out this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

[ame]http://youtu.be/oA68NIsL-Pc[/ame]

Thanks,
Morne'
SnakesSA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are your gyro gains set to?

With no power set your tail servo arm to 90* and post a picture of your tail blades

I suspect you're in rate mode or gain is set too low. Though gain too low will usually allow random drift in either direction, not just one
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have subtrim or trim in your tx if it is doing that. Go through your tx and check to make sure you remove it and disable flight trims as well so it doesn't happen again.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2014, 12:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you are in rate mode. Mine was set per the numbers but ended up having to increase gain way above recommend value.

Need two green LED's on MRS.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqowen View Post
Sounds like you are in rate mode. Mine was set per the numbers but ended up having to increase gain way above recommend value.

Need two green LED's on MRS.
Why would rate mode cause it to move when the heli is on the ground?
Old 07-31-2014, 08:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakesSA View Post
Why would rate mode cause it to move when the heli is on the ground?
Im a beginner and I Don't know a lot about rate mode, however I've made a lot of beginner mistakes.

This is one. Basically if you don't put it in heading lock mode you have to manually controll the tail. And the tail moves according to pitch and head speed changes. So every move of the throttle requires input to the rudder.

In my case it would move on the ground or in the air. On the ground I believe it tried to move because it was spooling up. Once I got head lock on, two steady green LEDs on, that stopped. However the tail will move during spool up if the tail rotor pitch isn't neutral. Which is fine if you are gradual and can correct it.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check your radio it's nothing to do with rate/head holding modes. You shave trim or subtrim on your rudder I'm very willing to bet.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtown nick View Post
Check your radio it's nothing to do with rate/head holding modes.
It's easy to check if it is in rate mode. Rate mode is steady green for bind and steady red for status. You just flip the helicopter over and look. If it is you increase rudder gain until it turns green on status.

I set mine to align's recommended gain and it was in rate mode. I increased the gain and it changed to heading lock mode.

That's all I'm saying.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqowen View Post
It's easy to check if it is in rate mode. Rate mode is steady green for bind and steady red for status. You just flip the helicopter over and look. If it is you increase rudder gain until it turns green on status.

I set mine to align's recommended gain and it was in rate mode. I increased the gain and it changed to heading lock mode.

That's all I'm saying.
Rate mode only really holds center, you have to provide input more than in hh but it will not cause the slider to move when the heli is stationary like the op's video. That's the result of subtrim/trim on the rudder channel. The gyro sees that as rudder command and is moving it according and since it's on the bench it will move till it gets a reaction which is impossible on a bench hence why it goes all the way.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtown nick View Post
Rate mode only really holds center, you have to provide input more than in hh but it will not cause the slider to move when the heli is stationary like the op's video. That's the result of subtrim/trim on the rudder channel. The gyro sees that as rudder command and is moving it according and since it's on the bench it will move till it gets a reaction which is impossible on a bench hence why it goes all the way.
Okay. I see what you're saying now. When I looked at the video it was only playing one quarter of the way through. Now it is playing all the way through. I think I understand what you are saying now.

And I definitely agree rate mode does not cause the slider to move like that. I thought OP meant moving while on the ground spooling up.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Marc and VTown for the replies.

I'll go over all the settings again, it usually is the smallest thing that mess around.

Will check for Rate v HH

Will double check all trims and subtrims.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakesSA View Post
Thanks Marc and VTown for the replies.

I'll go over all the settings again, it usually is the smallest thing that mess around.

Will check for Rate v HH

Will double check all trims and subtrims.
Once you get it sorted out and flying, setting up the tail to hold in rate mode for me and a few others helps with tail kick in hh if flying the stock tail servo. I have flown the ds95i and currently 5084mg and they have so much torque it doesn't matter.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have your exact same problem. the tail slides to one side even it is at the ground and while all my subtrims are set zero.

I then go through the 6 steps gyro setting one more time and set the left and right rudder travel limit. (page 25 of manual) Then it's fixed.

Hope this help.
sherman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in