Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default just a video o f my 180d and me learning

its sunday nice weather and a bit windy . i decided to take a moment a shoot this video to share my learning curve so far , its my first heli and been playing with it for a week now

tips and comments are welcome
lowformat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome work! You have made incredible progress if that is indeed your first heli and you have only been at it for a week! You keep going at that pace, and you will give the Pros a run for their money!
Steve Joblin is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thank you ,
am planing on bulding a tex450 once i master this heli .
Old 04-20-2010, 02:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowformat View Post
thank you ,
am planing on bulding a tex450 once i master this heli .
Good flying. Before you try to fly a T-Rex, I suggest getting a non-stabilized heli like a HBFP or a Falcon 40. The 180D is really a fun heli, but it doesn't teach you all that much. A T-Rex is not stabilized, so it may save you a ton of money to learn on a very cheap fixed pitch heli first.
Scream And Fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Guys, I have a Walkera 4# that I have been learning on for about a month. I am not quite as talented as "Lowformat" yet but hope to get there soon. I am stable when behind the heli and will begin work on side and front hover.
For my 4# I find that I break landing gear, and main blades once in a while, I am not using the original blades anymore. I just burned out a tail motor not long ago so have spares, also just replaced the main rotor head, I bent the original slightly some time ago. I
enjoy the heli a lot and am now looking for a main and tail motor kit with ESC, however I find the 4# is not as popular as the smaller helis, perhaps because of its size? My next heli will be a non FP mdel with collective pitch think.
rudyrov is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 04:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use a 4# to train myself and I think it's great for that purpose. Keep in mind that the 4# is not a self-stabilizing heli like the 180D is, so it's much more difficult to fly and as a result it's a much better trainer in my opinion. The 180D can practically fly itself, which makes it fun but it's also not very fast. I also have a 180D and I think it's a heck of a lot of fun, but the 4# is what I reach for when I really want to work at flying
Old 05-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Scream, can I ask you what makes the 180D a self-stabilizing Helicopter? From looking at the description on the Walkera site in China I can only guess that its related to the flybar / swash plate linkage found on the blade holder. The system looks like what might be called a Bell Hiller Mix with stabilization, my 4# is also a Hiller system but without the stabilization provided in your system. I base my conclusions on pictures and explanations I am finding at:
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/bell-mixing.html
Nonetheless, I am having a great time flying my 4#, I have burned out a tail motor and can actually hover most of the time, especially after I have gone through and re-checked everything, things fall out of whack on helicopters real fast.
I try to burn through 2 battery's a day.
rudyrov is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're correct in that the flybar is part of the reason the 180D is self-stabilizing. First, it uses a 45-degree flybar verses the 90-degree flybar on the 4# (and most other higher performance helis). Also, the 180D has heavy flybar weights to add a more gyroscopic effect to the flybar, amplifying its purpose as well as dampening small movements. Finally, the 180D rotor head uses mixing arms on the flybar (which are adjustable) - the 4# does not use mixing arms. The mixing arms alter the movement ratio of the flybar in relation to the blades. I really like the rotor head on the 180D, but the drawback of that design as it comes from the factory is that the 180D is very sluggish. It has very poor forward speed and slow cyclic response. Adjustments can mitigate some of those issues somewhat, but the 180D will never perform like the 4# in terms of speed and cyclic performance.

The 4# is a lot of fun, and one of my favorite helis (out of about 20). It's extremely simple to maintain and repair, and it gives you a very basic flying experience, which is best for learning. The mSR and 180D are awesome helis (I love my mSR), but ultimately do not teach you much since they practically fly themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyrov View Post
Thanks Scream, can I ask you what makes the 180D a self-stabilizing Helicopter? From looking at the description on the Walkera site in China I can only guess that its related to the flybar / swash plate linkage found on the blade holder. The system looks like what might be called a Bell Hiller Mix with stabilization, my 4# is also a Hiller system but without the stabilization provided in your system. I base my conclusions on pictures and explanations I am finding at:
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/bell-mixing.html
Nonetheless, I am having a great time flying my 4#, I have burned out a tail motor and can actually hover most of the time, especially after I have gone through and re-checked everything, things fall out of whack on helicopters real fast.
I try to burn through 2 battery's a day.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks guys,
yes the cb180 is self stabilizing , i also have a blade msr and a belt cp V2. i havent flown the belt cp v2 yet. am installing a DX7 TX/RX on it and a Copilot II system as a recovery safety. i crash the cb180d it not a good heli to fly in a windy day , so i took mine for a flight and was fighting the wind and crash , broke the rotor hub , its all fix now . but is not flying as before. need some adjustment on the links to center the swash plate .

i be posting another video soon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in