Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 03:44 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the website Thunder Tiger - new edition manual GT-5:

http://mms.tiger.tw/upload/2011-12/201112138799.pdf
ARS555 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay, now I'm confused. In the new manual (which is much better by the way) it says you should "always use both pads". Should I have double stacked the pads below the GT5, used a meta plate or just a single like I did. Is this only on Nitro? Where the hell can I get more pads if needed, are they the same as the align 3gx?

Cheers.
supa koopa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK guys suggestions needed here, this is what i discovered when i took my heli for a hover the other day:
Before i was able to go any further in tuning i had a serious tail tremble (side to side like gain is too high) I tried going hi with the P gain for tail & i tried going low but it did not stop, i even tuned the vibration filter hi & low with no joy. I have also tried a Mbeast & futaba FBL unit on the same heli & got no problems with the tail.
I am running MKS 660A+ on cyclic & 760 on rudder with the relevant servo frequency values in the GT5, has anyone ever had this problem?
Oh, & my heli's tail slider is silky smooth even with the linkage rod on.
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try going a low p gain value
Euwan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemore74 View Post
OK guys suggestions needed here, this is what i discovered when i took my heli for a hover the other day:
Before i was able to go any further in tuning i had a serious tail tremble (side to side like gain is too high) I tried going hi with the P gain for tail & i tried going low but it did not stop, i even tuned the vibration filter hi & low with no joy. I have also tried a Mbeast & futaba FBL unit on the same heli & got no problems with the tail.
I am running MKS 660A+ on cyclic & 760 on rudder with the relevant servo frequency values in the GT5, has anyone ever had this problem?
Oh, & my heli's tail slider is silky smooth even with the linkage rod on.
It looks like your P gain is too high, decrease it to half of current value and try increase in 5 point steps. What is your current G-T5 tail settings?
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

this is what i have:
tail
P= 55 I= 70
Dsens= 20
Tail D Db= 0
Tail Asym= 3
Tail dyn= 52
DMA cycl= -17
DMA pit= -34
Stop= 0
The thing is, on P i tried hi & low values but no difference
Old 12-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
this is what i have:
tail
P= 55 I= 70
Dsens= 20
Tail D Db= 0
Tail Asym= 3
Tail dyn= 52
DMA cycl= -17
DMA pit= -34
Stop= 0
The thing is, on P i tried hi & low values but no difference
Tail on every heli is different, but your settings looks like you have set relatively agressive tail stops. What type of heli you have and which tail blades did you use?

I suggest you:
1.) Increase tail D db to default value 10 and decrease tail dyn to 25
2.) If 1 will not help set tail asym to 0
3.) If 2 will not help set P and I to 35 and slowly tweak P, then I and after that tail dyn (not higher value than 50) and d-sens, then tweak tail asym.

Tweak only one parameter at once, not more.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

To be honest, apart from it wagging like mad, i found the stops to be slow or soft, not precise as if when you stopped the actual stick the tail would slow to a stop.
I've got it on a Kasama 90e with radix 105 & i've tried Rail 96 blades but still the same, what i plan to do is try setting it up again following the new manual & see, if no joy then i'm convinced i have a defective unit.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
To be honest, apart from it wagging like mad, i found the stops to be slow or soft, not precise as if when you stopped the actual stick the tail would slow to a stop.
I've got it on a Kasama 90e with radix 105 & i've tried Rail 96 blades but still the same, what i plan to do is try setting it up again following the new manual & see, if no joy then i'm convinced i have a defective unit.
You cannot tweak other parameters if you have not correctly set P and I before, that is basic rule. If you will ignore that, you will get wrong settings and bad tail beviour. Best will be to reset your tail settings to default values and start again in correct order.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I'll try that first, hopefully it solves this issue
Old 12-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

looked at the new manual, these guys are trying hard , but i wish they would hire ONE guy to correct their grammar and spelling, IT WOULD INSPIRE confidence!

I'm still freaked by the Failsafe thing with sats, kind of diminishes the point of this thing if i have to buy a full Rx + sat.
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrultralite View Post
looked at the new manual, these guys are trying hard , but i wish they would hire ONE guy to correct their grammar and spelling, IT WOULD INSPIRE confidence!

I'm still freaked by the Failsafe thing with sats, kind of diminishes the point of this thing if i have to buy a full Rx + sat.
Where can we get the latest manual, even if it's a draft ?

I don't like the idea of the failsafe not working with SAT's, but have it on my 450 with just one SAT, but won't consider it on a larger bird until the failsafe is addressed - I haven't had one incident or heard of anyone at our field have a RX lose reception.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 11:42 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://mms.tiger.tw/upload/2011-12/201112138799.pdf
Bigbadflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 07:07 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Okay, now I'm confused. In the new manual (which is much better by the way) it says you should "always use both pads". Should I have double stacked the pads below the GT5, used a meta plate or just a single like I did. Is this only on Nitro? Where the hell can I get more pads if needed, are they the same as the align 3gx?

Cheers."

Anyone know if it's one pad or two?
supa koopa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Use what works for you. I use one and it works. If I was getting problems with vibrations I would use 2.
Bigbadflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 02:14 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa koopa View Post
"Okay, now I'm confused. In the new manual (which is much better by the way) it says you should "always use both pads". Should I have double stacked the pads below the GT5, used a meta plate or just a single like I did. Is this only on Nitro? Where the hell can I get more pads if needed, are they the same as the align 3gx?

Cheers."

Anyone know if it's one pad or two?
Answer from TT:

Please always use 2 pads. In electro and nitro helicopters.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:39 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I only have one pad on my X50 with no issues at all so I think I'll leave it be!
Ely.Q Vision 50
NitroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am on holiday in Port Elizabeth South Africa, and those that know PE, will confirm that it is a windy city.

I took my 450 - GT5 and my 550 - 3GX out in fairly heavy wind this afternoon, and the 450 was far more stable than the 550.

I guess the 3GX could be improved with skillful tuning, skills that I don't have, so for me the GT5 and the BeastX are my preference at this point in time.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
Old 12-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here guys, Im only running a single layer of the supplied tape in my trex700n and so far (touch wood) everything is working perfectly.
nightrider is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Same here, only one layer of the 3M 4011 outdoor mounting tape, mounted on the side of my 450.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in