Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Second Batch When If ever?

Has anyone heard ANYTHING about the second batch?? This is crazy???
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2008, 06:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

With Align going on a rampage it would be suicidal UNLESS they can match if not beat the price.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Each to his own

Removed

Last edited by jimheliboy; 09-05-2008 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: Off Topic rambling
jimheliboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2008, 03:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious17 View Post
With Align going on a rampage it would be suicidal UNLESS they can match if not beat the price.
They can maintain their price if it wasn't for all the missing parts in the kits. I would pay more for an Aurora if I knew the kit was100% and the availability of parts was good.

But unfortunately my faith in Avant has sunk quite low and I would have really liked to own one!
nwolsink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Parts

RC Direct seems to have a lot of parts in stock for the Aurora as does Heliproz. As I will be needing a few parts myself my Aurora went in. I can say this much its a very nice flying helis and very stable and cant wait to get her airborn again as of right now I'm really sickend about the whole thing and really cant stand to look at her all broken down like that.
I want it is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well I agree what does aligns price on the 700 have to do with the price of milk in indiana ????! I would happly buy one of these if I could get my hands on it! but if they dont get moving they will end up loosing my bussiness!! Not that they care or anything!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having built both I must say the difference between the 700 and the Aurora is night and day as far as material quality . Only had one bad tapping on a tail housing bearing block , no missing parts . It is a much more complicated build and repair time after a crash will take longer . The best way to describe the two is ... Aurora is like a ferarri and the 700 is like a vette . I also renamed the 700 ; the legocopter cause everything snaps together like legos . Built it in half a day .
I think the delay is Augusto is probably getting things in order with ELYQ to go into full production on a bigger scale and then kits will fly . Cant compare a single person trying to expand his buisiness to Align which has a production line in place .
Gary L is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya figured they would concentrate on getting the aurora done before putting it on hold and starting another project
LONEWOLF2440 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Especially after hearing of guys who preordered and are still waiting . Just goes to show how large this hobby has become over the past decade . I hope he can make everybody happy in a short amount of time . Still , it is one of the most sought after helis , so hes doing something right .
Old 09-09-2008, 07:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONEWOLF2440 View Post
Ya figured they would concentrate on getting the aurora done before putting it on hold and starting another project
What project did they start? If you are referring to ElyQ, that project was in the works for years. That helicopter is not as new as you would think....

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ClayK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes but look at ircha how much time and money was invested in that set up. Alls what im saying people have been on a list for a long time and now there trying to get the elq going. Ya cant even find a canopy for the aurora.. not trying to start something but finish the aurora first. And get these people the helis. My opinion and that dont matter much but seems like augusto dissapeared again. not even posting on the other forum any. RR.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
I think the delay is Augusto is probably getting things in order with ELYQ to go into full production on a bigger scale and then kits will fly .
GaryL is most likely correct. Probably moving production of the Aurora to ElyQ's facilities in Asian.
Only been a couple months since the merger announcement. So it takes time to gear up the facilities for production.
http://www.avantrc.com/

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Makes sense but we shall see
Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONEWOLF2440 View Post
Yes but look at ircha how much time and money was invested in that set up. Alls what im saying people have been on a list for a long time and now there trying to get the elq going. Ya cant even find a canopy for the aurora.. not trying to start something but finish the aurora first. And get these people the helis. My opinion and that dont matter much but seems like augusto dissapeared again. not even posting on the other forum any. RR.
I ordered like 6 canopies without much of a problem. I spoke with Augusto and Maggie at IRCHA, both were very much there. I haven't had a need for parts yet (waiting on the HZ pumped to arrive), but I'm sure they won't be an issue (heliproz and rc-direct seems to have them aplenty).

Is it possible that all the kits were made sold that fast? Everyone and their brother seems to have one now. I see more Aurora's than most other 90s at a fun fly (other than the TRex 700).

Not trying to argue, just making an observation. What parts are you looking for that you can't find?

I've seen multiple comments from people about speculation on parts availability due to the Vision 50 being out, which is pretty far from the truth. The truth is, the Vision has been around for some time and I don't think AvantRC had to do "invest" much time into getting that model out since ElyQ was already spun up.

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ClayK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey clay i couldnt find any canopies in stock no one knew when they wer gona get them bill at arizona heli has them so i ordered one from him. The elq is a ugly helicopter but love the way it flies so might habe to get one of them. I guess supply and demand out wieghs one another. but yes im seeing a lot more around now. I just wanted a canopy to paint for a spare. Hope i wont need no parts lol
Old 09-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Timing is everything and unfortuantly Augusto is in between past and future . Im sure he is aware of things being spoke about the communities . It would be better if he had a timeframe but doesnt want to promise what he cant deliver . Try finding V-blades at most of the distributers and you see "out of stock" , thats cause Vic is still in transition with his new facility . Now radix blades are disappearing fast off the shelves . Man this hobby can be frustrating at times . Gotta be in front of the door when it opens or you lose . By next year hopefully you will see "in stock'" when looking for an avant .
Old 10-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

edit

Last edited by Helico-pteron; 10-01-2008 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: pointless to post anything...
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally there seems to be some good news from Avant: (hopefully)

http://www.avantrc.com/support/showthread.php?t=584

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aurora Shipments update
We are happy to announce that we are currently in the process of shipping kits to Asia, Australia, Some parts of Europe, Middle East and some for Latin America.

This latest kits incorporate a new Main and Constant Tail drive gear made with an advanced Delrin material that despite being as strong as the one used previously it's quieter for lower gear noise starting a new trend of quieter drive trains on RC helis.

Shipments start this week and will continue for a couple of weeks or until we are finished with the shipments. After that we will be back shipping to the US. We don't have an estimated date for next US shipment but that batch is already in production. We will update US dealers after this group of shipments are finished.

Regards,

Customer Service
Avant RC.
SunRed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi guys,

I'm living in asia... specifically singapore.. so far I have not seen any...

can anybody direct me to an asia site..

very much want to have one of this beauty,..

cheers
questerng is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in