Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Please keep us up to date! Nice to see a B400 frame also to compare!

FlyAndFix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_wears_a_hat View Post
Firstly the speed controller is a tight fit with limited clearance to the pinion and capacitors hanging out of the nose. It's not a show stopper and you can get everything near and clearances OK but it takes a bit of work.
The ESC can go into the frame quite far, but not far enough to completely protect the capacitors. It did take a bit of work to tuck everything into the nose.

Here's how I mounted mine. Last pic show the motor wiring route.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ESC-01.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	193387   Click image for larger version

Name:	ESC-02.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	193388   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor-Wire.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	193389  
Vergnügenstabi
DriveWRX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSOFAM View Post
Great pictures, and awesome looking helicopter.
Thanks man. I can't wait to see it all together and then fly it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyAndFix View Post
Please keep us up to date! Nice to see a B400 frame also to compare!
Definately will.

I thought the B400 was a decent comparison. The Mini-P so far has been such an easy build I think it would be a great helicopter as "the next" after an RTF model like the B400. It's a full kit rather than a part built kit but the instructions (for the FB model) are clear, concise and the model goes together sweetly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveWRX View Post
The ESC can go into the frame quite far, but not far enough to completely protect the capacitors. It did take a bit of work to tuck everything into the nose.

Here's how I mounted mine. Last pic show the motor wiring route.
Looks pretty much like I went for in the end. I will be keeping an eye of the ESC to motor wires but it's not much more cramped than my Jeti in the OG-P.

I have been a bit under the weather over the weekend but I finally got around to getting all the Bag B videos done and uploaded even though no further building has been done. I hope you enjoy, comments and criticism both happily received.

To satisfy da'tube there are 5 parts for Bag B:

MSH Mini Protos Build Video - Part 4a - Bag B - Contents and small parts construction

MSH Mini Protos Build Video - Part 4b - Bag B - Bottom Plate Attachment and Bag H Contents

MSH Mini Protos Build Video - Part 4c - Bag B - Motor Preparation & Mounting

MSH Mini Protos Build Video - Part 4d - Bag B - Pinion Support, ESC & Servo Frames

MSH Mini Protos Build Video - Part 4e - Bag B - Opposite Frame Side, Misc Frame Parts & Landing Gear

- Click here to view my RC Flight Log -
ted_wears_a_hat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Finally got the chance to complete bag C, video needs to be edited and uploaded but it went together well.

Main shaft went through the bearing blocks well. The tolerance through the main gear is tight and getting the shaft through took a little force (carefully so as not to damage the third bearing). Getting the 'exagonal headed bolt in the bottom of the shaft took mildly nimble fingers but wasn't too much of a pain (used a 5mm shallow socket to get it snugged in well).

Locking collar worked well but I was careful with it as per the advice from OICU812.

Swash also went together well though there is a small error in the manual here, on page 14 of the manual the parts lists for the flybarred swash incorrectly labels the bushing on the anti rotation pin as a ball. Should be an easy revision, it would be over looked by most.and I suspect even a new builder would be able to around this tiny error.

I then built my servo to swash rods and added the 'hands' and got these moving smoothly on the balls. Oh yes, it took a little bit of reaming before my hands would cup my balls tightly AND smoothly.....

Once these were installed I started work on getting the control surfaces moving in the right direction and the swash moving together and with pitch working in the right direction.

I then got the swash levelled using the old allen-key-zip-tied-to-the-main-shaft trick as I don't have a 6mm levelling tool and couldn't be bothered to get a drill out and make a wooden one. I did this at mid stick, high stick and low stick and then examined the travel between these points. I noticed that one of the HS-65mgs is moving oddly in about 20 degrees of it's range around centre (slowly almost stickily) and almost drags itself at the end of it's travel high and low. A new one is in the post, I hope it comes before Christmas but it will be close!

If it doesn't I can still build the rest of the head just not get the setup done properly.

Take care all.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:35 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Images from Bag C:

Old 12-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_wears_a_hat View Post
A new one is in the post, I hope it comes before Christmas but it will be close!
I reckon Fast Lad Performance must bribe the postie. Replacement part ordered late Monday night, dispatched Tuesday, arrives today.... and at Christmas!

Thanks Andy and team. Another sterling job.

I installed the replacement servo just now and the swash is moving perfectly so I can get on with building.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bag C vids (at last!):

Old 07-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
does anybody know if these build videos are accessible somehow?
All videos but the first one appear private and Chris doesn't seem to be around for some time (last activity was in February) ...
Thanks for any help!
Norbert

Last edited by EyP3; 07-22-2011 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Ted's name seems to be Chris :)
EyP3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

same here +1.......

Next project:
MSH Mini Protos, 450 Scale Airwolf, BAH Mini Quad
cpmboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You need to be kind of careful introducing them.

Big Brother was very concerned when lil brother first showed up.

But now they are best of friends.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in