Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Dizzle View Post
Barry, thank you for the reply...I understand and use both hold and throttle cut on my nitro bird....my work around for my problem, as I set up and flew a gallon on today, was to just use some subtrim on the throttle. Worked perfect. I have a lil subtrim set, just enough to start the hell and then I use my normal flight modes...idle ups, hold and throttle cut as normal...worked great all day today. Just still curious why trim doesn't work with throttle stick at full down position .
Looked at it again. Trim is working correctly. Can you describe what you mean by trim doesnt work with throttle stick full down. The trim is only active in Normal mode. In other modes it reverts to neutral.
ATL(auto travel limit) only lets trim effect the lower half of the travel. This way it doesnt push the upper endpoint past the travel setting.
You say you used subtrim? Subtrim or Trim? They are 2 different things.
Subtrim is in the Servo Setup menu and Trim is the lever next to the stick
Subtrim effects center only and Trim effects the lower half of the channel only.
ATL (auto trim limiting) tapers the Trim(not Subtrim) to neutral at center stick.
This is so adding trim doesnt change the endpoint at full stick.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry for slow response, work keeps me very busy.
I will try to explain as best I can.

With the throttle servo holding the carburetor in the closed position, throttle stick at its lowest point on the transmitter, if I use the subtrim, button right next to throttle stick, I can click away all day long and it shows itself moving on the trim line, however it is not moving the trim on the servo in real life, or in the servo management screen.

Now if I take the throttle stick and move it up about 1/8th inch and do the same exact thing, the servo moves with the trim and even shows it moving on the servo monitor.

Since I could not get the servo to adjust using trim while in the fully closed, down stick position, I went into subtrim in servo settings and added some positive subtrim, essentially opening the carb to the position I need to have it in to start the engine, yet still allowing my throttle cut and everything else to work perfectly.

So the question that I pose, is why on the DX7 can I use trim on my throttle in any stick position, but the DX9 can not? If this does not make sense aerocal, id be happy to PM you my number so we can talk and figure out, if I am just an idiot or what is actually up with the DX9. As for now however, the way it is set up I flew the heck out of it this weekend without issue. Thanks!
Radiomaster TX16
Phoenix 6.0 Flight Sim
Rick Dizzle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 10:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its all good. Its pretty hectic for me this week too.Can you Export that model file to the card and attach it here?
The explanation is like I was picturing. I tried but I cant reproduce. Maybe with the file I can see what you see and try to figure it out.
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Im kind of surprised coming from a DX7 that it is confusing. I started working on a guide but its a huge project.

Snip
Just a thought, but if your guide was for the AirWave firmware and not specific to a particular radio (but note the differences) it would be useful to a broader audience. The AirWave FW is common among all the new radios with only the functions the hardware can support working. (ie: a DX18G2 will do a lot more then a DX6 ). The hard part is that the FW is improved each release with new features, etc. so it would have to be living document. I would certainly be willing to pay for something like that!
taterb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all,

If and when you guys ever updated the firmware on your DX9's, could you PLEASE review the thread I wrote below to possibly shed some light on the issue. I've seen it now on 2 different DX9's and don't know if I should send it back a second time to get a third.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=636282

Thanks so much!
consequential is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im not sure what it has to do with this topic so I will reply at your original post.
HELIFREAK !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in