Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis

Thunder Tiger Electric Helis Mini Titan E325, Raptor E550 and E620 SE Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MINI TITAN E325 AH-1W SUPER COBRA

I am thinking about purchasing a RTF (no battery) E325 AH-1W Cobra from a friend. It's NIB and he only wants $150 for it.

I have been looking for a review and I cannot find one.

I understand that this is an old heli, but I've been a fan of the AH-1W Super Cobra since I was a kid. I also understand that due to it's age, it's not as easy to fly as some of the newer birds (Blade 200 SRX) that I've flown with ease.

Can anyone give me a good review or tell me about flying this beauty before I dive in?
Blackhawk Crew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew a Mini Titan for about 3 years. It was a great heli. Simple to work on and fairly cheap to crash. I can't say anything abou tthe scale build, but you hadn't gotten an answer so I figured I'd jump in.

The main issue now is parts support. Parts are getting hard to find if you crash.

As far as electronics go, the stock Thunder Tiger Ace stuff isn't that great. If it doesn't come with any then I'd recommends the following
KST215 servos for the cyclic and tail.
HobbyWing 50A v3 ESC
RotorStar motor form Hobbyking. You might also be able to find a used Scorpion that would work on the for sales forum.

For FBL, it's your choice. I use Ikon and love it, but there's a lot of good choices out there.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had one years ago on a flybarless setup. They fly nice. Very minimal vibrations. The only thing is, I'm not a fan of mini titans body shells. They are flimsy poly carb worse than what you would find on an RC car. They will eventually crack and rip. Especially if you need to take it apart to do repairs. The screw holes will eventually split as well. They will not stand up to any type of abuse, so keep that in mind. For that reason alone I found the thing sitting on my shelf more than spending time at the field. However, due to the flimsy body shell construction they are super light. It flies almost the same as a pod and boom E325. No issues with weight balance or anything. I was always a fan of the AH-1 but it wasn't scale looking enough for me, so I went with the Trex500 fiberglass AH-1, much happier now. I would stick to pod and boom for 450 sizes. They don't look or fly too scale IMO anyways. I would ditch all the ACE stuff, servos strip when there's a light breeze (not kidding), the motor and ESC overheats and the stock transmitter is terrible (no pitch or throttle curve), no dual rates or expo so flying it scale with the stock transmitter is difficult. It's still a good deal, but it'll need a bit of work to get some better parts in it. First step I would recommend ditching the transmitter and binding it to a programmable one.

** edit I just realized how old this thread was. I guess the mini titans are dead.

Found an old pic of mine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in