Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage Fusion 50

Outrage Fusion 50 Outrage Fusion 50 Electric Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
Kind of a troll post... but anyway. Who denied any issues? Some of us just mention that we have not experienced any issues with our helis, or any failures associated with the issues. I for one have always had an issue with the gears, even though I have not had any actual failures running them... and have reported just that.
+1 same here..
there are obviously different batches of gears out there.. some have issues some don't..
also flight styles and collective management etc come into play as does maintenance..

so many variables.

There have been enough reports to make Outrage take notice and change things..
so what's the issue Outrage has said new gears and more QC are coming..

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #42 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
WHOA! Now that's saying something. Have to admire his honesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
One think about Bert, he has always been pretty straight forward and honest.
Yes, and he was the same way when I met him this summer. He's a genuine guy.

Sent from my phone
Old 09-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

For those of you, who still believe, Outrage will solve the gear issues shortly ...

That picture comes from a reliable source and shows that Outrage right now is obviously stuck in a dead end: The latest batch of gears that are currently beeing tested, literally "explode", and that is just due to the effort of keeping the production costs as low as possible, again, as you can tell by the design of those gears.

And as I understand, nobody really knows what happens next. (Back to zero, I assume.)

Since the gear issue at the rear end "has been solved" by simply using the Align T-Rex 600 gears, doesn't anybody have a clue what parts/umbrella gears could possibly work in the front end??

Greetings

Chris.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FailedNewGearsF50.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	346969  
Gala-Tante is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ohh boy, looks like I will be leaving my Fusion as a 6s, 550mm bladed heli. I really can't comprehend why they can't get the gears right in this heli.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The answer is simple... CNC Delrin. I'm pretty sure nobody would mind paying an extra $5 for better gears.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

i think the solution is not new gears, but a better tail box design that would be a direct swap out.

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
The answer is simple... CNC Delrin. I'm pretty sure nobody would mind paying an extra $5 for better gears.
No joke! I do think the core issue for outrage is the plastic manufacturing. Everything that isn't made out of plastic is very good on the fusion. But the plastic bits (gears, tail boom block) seem to be the problematic parts. Getting consistency with plastic manufacturing is hard, especially doing it overseas where the "delrin" you buy is imitation rather than legit DuPont Delrin and can vary significantly from batch to batch. In fact, I know at least one heli manufacturer that literally ships Delrin to China to ensure consistency of material.

I spoke to a plastic machinist who told me that even big-name American companies manufacturing in the US have a very difficult time with consistency, but the difference is that they can usually catch the problem before it gets out.

Even if the tail gears were the most expensive tail gears around, the helicopter overall would still be one of the cheapest. At this point they need to fix the problem largely ignoring cost. They can optimize later.

BTW @ s0laris, I don't know much about the design, but it wouldn't surprise me if people who have their tail gears blow up regularly or at least with not many flights actually have a problem with tolerances in the tail box, not the gears. I'm speaking a little out of my depth here, but I would expect that a bad batch of either the tail box or a pack of tail gears could cause repeated tail gear issues. So whether or not the design changes, the manufacture process for the tail box needs to be spot-on. (perhaps that's what you meant by design - not sure )
Old 09-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclysma View Post
BTW @ s0laris, I don't know much about the design, but it wouldn't surprise me if people who have their tail gears blow up regularly or at least with not many flights actually have a problem with tolerances in the tail box, not the gears. I'm speaking a little out of my depth here, but I would expect that a bad batch of either the tail box or a pack of tail gears could cause repeated tail gear issues. So whether or not the design changes, the manufacture process for the tail box needs to be spot-on. (perhaps that's what you meant by design - not sure )
Right on man... to the part that I cut out, totally agree... and furthermore, keeping molded parts consistent is even more of a challenge than using lower quality POM (Delrin).

To the quoted part... definitely an issue, we have even gone over it multiple times. I seem to be one of the lucky ones, the only time I stripped any gears in flight was when I did not reset the mesh in a main gear after swapping it, and bam, strippage. Never stripped a tail gear in flight and my heli is gonna hit 48 hours flight time this weekend.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemore74 View Post
Yeah, i started wondering about Outrage the day they scrapped the 90e, the time i heard about a new 550 & 450 and to this day I still have'nt heard anything more
Because Charlie Stevens designed their helis and he walked. He is now Alees heli.
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My main problem have not been the gear stripping issue...

There's "ratcheting" on the boom block bearings (already changed), brittle screws & what appears to be friction / heat damage on the main shaft (lower bearing block).

From my personal experience + Outrage's lack of news/developments is why I'm sadly trading mine for another model..

I hope this is not the case but the Fusion might be heading the same way the HC500 went.....

Charley re-designed it, got sold for a while then got dis-continued....
AMA #976001
HELIS: TREX 500 (6s), Trex 600 ESP (12S) & Trex 550 (12S): ALL FBL
PLANKS: Hangar 9 Pulse 60, Alpha 40 & Great Planes Revolver
nieves50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, amazing after months of waiting for better gears we get this....

I'm speechless..
Old 09-09-2012, 02:33 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbrad View Post
lol, yea im being sarcastic,
he is sponsored by outrage, yet all he does is pose with cars and girls and promote SAB, living the lifestyle trying to be a rockstar.
Yeah it drives me mad when you see sponsored pilots who are already super rich. I would be as good a pilot as Bert I could afford to crash regularly and not care!

Back on topic however, I'm not good enough to fly to the point I need to worry "is this move going to wreck my gears" but holding the CNC delrin main gear, you can REALLY tell the quality difference between it and the normal moulded gears. CNC delrin all over would be awesome
Old 09-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneHazza View Post
Yeah it drives me mad when you see sponsored pilots who are already super rich. I would be as good a pilot as Bert I could afford to crash regularly and not care!
)
Might be one of the dumbest post I have read on this forums in a long while. Bert got to where he is today by hard work, he had to be a great pilot before he got sponsored by anyone. It's not the other way around you know, they dont sponor some deadbeat who cant even hover, then let hin progress by trowing parts at money at him. Also, Ber does all of his own builds, and crashing 4 times a day mean you have several hours worth of rebuilding ahead of you when you get home. Bert has mentioned several times that the thoughts pg rebuilds holds him back.

Also, I doubth he's super rich. He can afford a nice lifestyle, but we are not talking justin Bieber here. Get of your high horse and start praticing instead...

- Lynx Team Pilot -
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneHazza View Post
Yeah it drives me mad when you see sponsored pilots who are already super rich. I would be as good a pilot as Bert I could afford to crash regularly and not care!....

Are you kidding yourself???? Maybe you should contact Bert and ask him how much he or other top sponsored pilots put in themselves and sacrificed before becoming a sponsored pilot. Ups and they have bee as good before becoming sponsored.

And .... what the heck do you understand as super rich???? Maybe you should check out reality before making comment such as this. And yes I do not believe you would be half as good if you got similar sponsorship. You become good if you first have the skills, second should be extremely dedicated to the flying and go fly every day for a couple of hours. And yes - pay for it out of your pocked before you get sponsored. Bert and others are outstanding pilots and have extremely great technical knowledge.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really think outrage need this sorted Now !!! so far they have taken much to long to get this gear issue under control it really is a bit of a joke now that they have had issues with these gears from day 1 and redesigned them and the new black gears are worse than the orignal and now they are doing it on the cheep again with these gears exploding i only have 1 outrage (N2) and it will be my only outrage and anyone that has seen the gears drop teeth out regulary will never buy a outrage they had a good buget heli but have now left this for so long it will be very hard work to bring there name up again i know if CNC gears were avaible i would be deffintly using them regardless of price come on outrage make it happen !!!! you have tried plastic and have failed many times even if you have to do a whole upgrade tail section to make these heli work properly put your hands up and say there is a big problem and sort it NOW as these actions im sure will show in sales !
van-man-123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 04:59 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

outrage is MIA for a while now, its so sad, its like we talking to a wall.

then i stroll over to the rush forum where Charley interacts with his customers or the mikado forum where the Dahl family helps people every day

its so sad, i love my fusion but the disappearance of outrage is not a good sign, and Bert being a outrage executive/pilot or whatever he is and only flying SAB is a very bad sign in my books

iv seen him comment a few times in the goblin forum but he wont show face here where it seems people are loosing faith quickly in a brand with a amazing product, that they are just not backing up
fusionbrad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

just the lack of support and what seems like the lack to fix issues makes me want to sell my perfectly flying fusion 50. whats sad is no one would even want to buy it.

Empire Hobby/ Team Gaui USA -- Rcbearings.com
-- Cyclone Blades -- Team KDE -- A-Main Hobbies -- OMG servos
dodgeboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm ... Germany's official distributor for OUTRAGE products has deleted all OUTRAGE-kits from his line-up. Now only parts can still be ordered, with many items on status 'red - not in stock' though.

That's not a good sign ...

Chris

HTC/Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hate brands that doesn't make progress often.
The OutRage have great helicopters and I love my Fusion 50;

But now I'm afraid about them. I'm thinking to buy a Align one instead of buy another fusion or velocity.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ugh man... I'll be honest, I have been defending Outrage from before I even got a F50... but I'm worried too. If things dont start looking up I'm selling my F50 and getting a 700 sized bird sooner than planned.

Outrage peeps, if you are reading this. S*** is getting real. Step up your game.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in