Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2015, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Slow Pitch Response (+tail kick)

I've had a few flights on my Goblin Speed now and have noticed that reaction to pitch inputs is very slow (0.5-1.0 second to change elevation from a hover given max pitch). Servos respond instantly on the bench and I'm not getting any weird glitching. Running on 12s Pulse 65C lipos.

I currently run 2250 RPM governed with Hobbywing Platinum Pro V4 gov (stock settings for now) on stock SAB Speed main and tail blades with 13.5 degrees of pitch. Is it the speed blades giving me slow pitch response? I'm not getting performance anywhere near what I see from some Gob Speed 3D performances.

Unrelated (or maybe not, who knows), my tail will kick out about 5 degrees to the right/nose left on hard pitch pumps. I've tried upping gain in my transmitter but I start to introduce fast tail wag on hard stops. I'm attributing this more to the lack of 115 tails and an incomplete tail setup in the FBL, no?

Specs:
Savos 2272 tail + 2271 cyclic
HW Plat Pro V4 160A (using internal gov)
720 Speed Mains + ~95mm(?) stock Speed Tails
Spirit Pro FBL
13.5 Degrees pitch
5000mAH 12s
Custom Wound 520KV KDE 535 motor
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2015, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

are you running 115's with the speed blades?. Plus iv'e tried different esc's with my speed and he only one to fit the bill was Kosmik smooth thru all rpm changes..plus i'm using Savox 2274 cyclics, Savox 1267 tail and that has made a difference during speed runs,my tail is locked in solid due to the torque of the tail servo
Old 12-01-2015, 03:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're running the stock speed mains and tails for 3D you're in for a bad time. It's discussed plenty here. Too heavy (cog) and too small, respectively.

I'm running 715 Cyclones mains and 115 tails and get great response and zero tail kick. Running the Hobbywing 160 also governed at your same head speed.

Try some 3D specific blades, you'll notice a world of difference.
DX9|#652
earhythmic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I bought some Cyclone 715 + Switch 115's on black friday. Hopefully I'll get to try them out this weekend. I had a suspicion the blades were mainly to blame.

What governor settings are you using earhythmic? I seem to recall you using the Platinum v4 governor, same as me.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My P and I gains for the gov are stock, however I did lower my PWM from 32k to 16k after my over amp shutdown.
DX9|#652
earhythmic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in