Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Stinger with CNC is a wrap... video ;)

was a bit breezy out, but went for it anyway and put this thing in the air. the solid shaft in place of the feathering shaft worked perfectly in a second Bee. the bell hiller makes a definite difference and i am still having a hard time believe that a Bee can fly in a breeze of any kind, let alone the breeze i had today. i wont be flying these in breezes anymore, but it is nice to know that they can handle a little if desperation out weighs the need to be patient, hahahaha .
YSB BH 111013 (6 min 11 sec)
spoonerrw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking good spooner!!! Your mod looks to be working well...Yeah Baby!!!
Old 11-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks Hankster... this one is really sweet and i am happy that this all worked out. they look great with all the cnc parts on them, especially this one .

i put that version 1 cnc blade grip i found on ebay on the orange one and added the bell hiller to it. not sure why that original design got such a bad review, but it works really well on the stock center hub. it is a bit touchier then the version 2 set, but works really nicely and is very tight.

been working with my first Quad, so havent flown them much but it has been too cold and windy to be out with them anyway. hopefully i will get a chance before i go back to work on tuesday... i hope so .
Old 12-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet, going old school with the version one cnc blade grip. But I have to warn you my friend. The issue I had with the version one grip was after a few crashes the molded plastic portion of the version one grip that snapped-on/attached to the hub bearings would become deformed and would cause the blade grip to separate/release from the hub in flight. Trust me when I say it wasn’t a pretty sight. I will admit that my crashes were epic back then and most likely with your skill, you wont have this problem. Just wanted to share my version one experience with you my brother.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks Buddy... i cant imagine that was a pretty sight . i wondered about the overall durability of that section? i put the version 1 grip on the orange full bodied Bee. i dont fly it faster then scale, so figured it would be ok on that one since i dont fly it as often as the other two. i got a spare parts kit in the box with it, but that wont help me until after the fact, lol.
the Stinger has the full version 2 cnc set with the modified feathering shaft i made and tested on the green Bee, they both do now. i didnt want to risk the version 1 on the Stinger... too much invested in that one to risk it .
thanks for the heads up Buddy... i will be extra careful with the orange Bee with the V1 on it.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’m sure the Version One head will work out for you Bro. The more I think about it, I really beat the heck out of my Bees back then and I was expecting a lot to think the head could handle my abuse. Brother I’m super stoked that your spicker mod worked for you and you’re running bell/hiller on all your Bees. If nothing else, you now don’t have to worry about the Bee being pushed around when flying in a little bit of wind.

On a side note. I had some vacation time I needed to use before I loose it and the weatherman was calling for a couple of inches of snow this morning in my area today…so instead of fighting the snow to get to work ( it normally takes me over an hour to get to work on a dry day) I decided to stay home with the family. Every year if it snows in my area, I’d slap on a pair of homemade Skies to one of my Bees and go out and have some fun. Well I’m hoping this year will be no different. As you know, I don’t fly the Bee much if any these days. But when it comes to snow days, it’s my bird of choice.

Right now it’s just raining, but if it does turn to snow, this Bee should work out well…Yeah Baby!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3654 (640x480).jpg
Views:	340
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	470852   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3655 (640x480).jpg
Views:	282
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	470853  
Old 12-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well both my kids and I were bummed out today. Mostly rain with a little bit of snow threw in. But I charged a battery, so I figured I would give the Bee a spin. There wasn’t enough snow to ski, so I just messed around. Near the end of the flight the Bee became hard to handle, afterwards I found out that one of the dogbones had came loose.

BEE IN SNOW 2013 (7 min 27 sec)
Old 12-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Loved the ski-jumping off the roof!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
Loved the ski-jumping off the roof!
Thanks Luke
Just wish it had snowed more.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

OMG Hankster!!! that was AWESOME!!! just when i thought i had seen you do it all with a Bee, there you go again, . the sledding down the front of the truck was a total riot and looked like a lot of fun... you da' man!!!

yep, i am definitely a happy camper with how this spicker mod turned out on the Bee's. they are the difference between night and day compared to how they were with response before, still great flyers, but now they have the response to go with them .
the orange one i dont fly too often, so it should be ok for the type of flying i stick to with it. gonna put a new body on it while winter weather has me down. it will be a pain in the rear, but it is over due for one and will give me a chance to do some maintenance and give it a good going over internally .

that was GREAT Hankster... thanks for sharing it
Old 12-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks spooner
Yeah I’ve always love flying my Bees in the snow. For me it’s the perfect bird for the job. It’s small and runs a low head speed, so I don’t have to worry about it damaging stuff if things don’t go has planned. And of course it’s a tough bird that can take a hit and if something does breaks, it’s cheap and simple to fix.

Ain’t it a great feeling when a mod works out. Rock on my Brother!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in