Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #741 (permalink)
Registered Users

I notice a lot of this helicopter comes preassembled? I just got mine over the weekend and Im kind of curious if anyone that got the kit took it apart to loctite the frame, and grease the bearings in the head? Seems like a few important steps are missed if it comes already assembled that can prove very important! \

So has anyone took it back apart to grease everything and put it all together.
WilliamS. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2015, 09:22 PM   #742 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There was no loctite anywhere on mine. Inspect every screw, you will have much more piece of mind!
jamiejap77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #743 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejap77 View Post
There was no loctite anywhere on mine. Inspect every screw, you will have much more piece of mind!
I started last night going through the frame finding 0 loctite on the bird. I will pull the head and tail apart to lube the bearings tomorrow night. Now I need to find some blades and I made a mistake and bought 4mm blades instead of 5mm so those will go to my 600 when I sell it.

Thank for the tip, I decided to pull it apart regardless before I got your message but still the information will help the thread.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:49 AM   #744 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are these side frames compatible with the dominator 700l ?
Trex 700L NEO / Mikado Logo 600SX Vbar 6.0/ Trex 470LM NEO, Oxy 2 CC Talon 25 NEO, 450 pro vbar 6.0pro/ Trex 700n DFC OS105HZR, Velocity50 Vbar 6.0pro -Oxy 5 NEO-/Trex 600efl PRO (Night Flyer) vbar/CC HV80 ......ALL VBAR CONTROL
Stevin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 07:00 AM   #745 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No, they are not, and the battery tray is different too.

I think the back 1/2 of the frame is similar, but the front is very different.
jamiejap77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #746 (permalink)
Registered Users

What servo linkage are you guys using. I tightened up the ones that come with the kit and they are still way to long. Im sure someone has found a rod that will work with the servos at 90 degrees? What are the stock one, I will pull it apart soon knowing theres no way those ones could have worked. The elevator one hits the frigin frame before it bottoms out.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:11 AM   #747 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamS. View Post
What servo linkage are you guys using. I tightened up the ones that come with the kit and they are still way to long. Im sure someone has found a rod that will work with the servos at 90 degrees? What are the stock one, I will pull it apart soon knowing theres no way those ones could have worked. The elevator one hits the frigin frame before it bottoms out.
can use the align servo linkage. Assault ones are way too long.
rchobbyfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2015, 11:50 PM   #748 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamS. View Post
Could you post a picture? I used the stock links and they worked for me.
Volumax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 06:38 PM   #749 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used my linkage that was provided and mine does have zero at mid stick. What I did was turn them down to where it was the 28mm in the center which worked out good the linkage to the blade grips is almost all the way screwed in but not quit. Getting ready to do the maiden hopefully this weekend. So far am happy with the kit canopy was damaged but Rob took care of that and new one on the way.
hoguej115 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2016, 07:40 PM   #750 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just my two cents worth;

I've just received my Assault 700 yesterday and these are my findings so far. The canopy is junk, worst canopy I've ever seen! It looks like they removed it from the mold when it was still dripping wet. It's completely deformed and cracks as soon as you touch it, it's in the garbage now. The swash plate has a tight spot so that's in the garbage. The tail slider binds, that too is in the garbage. The gears all wobble and are out of round so guess where they all ended up? Yep, in the garbage! It's a shame as the rest of the kit looks rally good, all the bearings are good and HK even used locktite on most of the screws, the only problem is that HK doesn't seem to know the difference between locktite and super glue! Now I'm not sure if the lube in the bearings is actually lube or rust preserver / preventative and I wasn't going to leave anything to chance so I cleaned and re-lubed everything with Super Lube and Jet Oil. (I spent a day on the net reading the MSDS sheets on almost every lube in existence and chemical compatibility charts for Polyoxymethylene (delrin) and every plastic, carbon item on this heli) The lubes mentioned were the best and most compatible I could find, Traxxas silicon gearbox lube (various viscosities) works well too. I have previous experience with HK hell's so when I ordered this heli I already knew that I had to order all of the aforementioned failed parts with Align parts, hopefully they will arrive tomorrow so I can carry on with this build. I used an eflight 700 520kv motor from a Blade 700x as Horizon Hobby is heavily discounting this motor at the moment ($130) RJX blades (rejects as they have a slight blemish in the paint and only cost $50) YEP 120 ESC, HK lipos, Spektrum AR7300bx (again discounted at $129)
Shaman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2016, 08:03 PM   #751 (permalink)
Registered Users

as per the other thread ..]

shaman--- your experiance is far from what most of us have experianced ,
you should have sent it back , you obiously have a defective kit.,,,

do you have pics of said bad parts? and or canopy?
my canopy was better than ,my blade 600x ,, and alot thicker too ,
so again, you must have had a returned kit or sumthing,

im glad my kit was for the most part good,, you should have sent the kit back tho , you experiance seems very odd
Old 02-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #752 (permalink)
Registered Users

my canopy was "ok". I could only complain about the binding tail slider if I tightened the screws all the way and the gears which in my case were soft. I took out the front torque tube gears when the tail blades touched grass after an autorotation. I replaced the swashplate because it had some slop, but that wasnt all that terrible. Oh, I also replaced the main shaft. While doing elev tic tocs I had a boom strike which I believe ocurred after the mainshaft collar slipped.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #753 (permalink)
Registered Users

about the tail slider guys,,,
yes if you over tighten the screws , it will pull the metal "in" and you will have binding,, as with almost any tail,, my tsa is the same,, i belive goblins are the same as well , infact last months or this current heli pilots mag, they did a kse goblin or the urkery , and the pro tip was ," be sure not to overtigten the screws in the tail , for binding will occur"

so lets just get that rightaway eh?
as said before , my canopy by far isnt a conomod canopy, but ti was better than my thin cheap blade 550\600x and is all but up to par in thickness with my tsa,,

my gears arnt out of round, but i think once i get my motor and esc for it , i wanna do a pack or 2 of just hovering and see what the tail gears look like,,
i will be buying the black aglin ones just as a back up ,

now the mainshaft i have no clue on,, but i will be making a better notch in the shaft so the set screw holds better,, i will report back my findings once shes in the air,,

my swash seems fine , but again , i have no flights on it as of yet so that will be the real test,
Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 PM   #754 (permalink)
Registered Users

On my trex 700L I tightened the tail screws in all the way, slider is smooth as butter. Dont know about goblins since Ive never owned one nor worked on one.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #755 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnj1985 View Post
as per the other thread ..]

shaman--- your experiance is far from what most of us have experianced ,
you should have sent it back , you obiously have a defective kit.,,,

do you have pics of said bad parts? and or canopy?
my canopy was better than ,my blade 600x ,, and alot thicker too ,
so again, you must have had a returned kit or sumthing,

im glad my kit was for the most part good,, you should have sent the kit back tho , you experiance seems very odd

I wish Helifreak would let me post pictures as it's so bad that it hits the main gear on the right hand side!
Old 02-13-2016, 07:50 AM   #756 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok so here are the pictures of my canopy. You can see all the cracks in the gel coat that appeared as soon as I touched it and how deformed the canopy is. It's unuseable. Also is a picture of the box of parts that I replaced with align parts as they were either substandard or faulty. The best one is the ball link. This link split as soon as I pressed it into the tail slider. This is now the third time this has happened on various large HK helicopters and I urge everyone who is building one to swap every ball link with align ones!! I'm also replacing my tail slider as it binds. (no the bolts aren't overtorqued)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160213_083612.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	635122   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160213_083646.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	635123   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160213_083737.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	635124   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160213_083758.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	635125   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160213_083825.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	635126  

Name:	20160213_083909.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	635127  
Old 02-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #757 (permalink)
Registered Users

On a footnote I just tried to remove the grommets from the canopy and it tore with finger pressure only! QUALITY!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160213_085710.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	635131  
Old 02-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #758 (permalink)
Registered Users

garret makes hk helis now ( 450 \700 assults) there not a hk brand ,, like the 500 , 250 and 450 . just gerret rebranded,,

again , my canopy may not have the coolest paintjob , but its light years ahead of my blade 550x 600x canopy and is the same thickness as my tsa,,

just pulled my rubbers outta my canopy and mine dont look like yours

if you need a pic ,, id be gald to go take one and download it?
Old 02-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #759 (permalink)
Registered Users

i did have a ball linck crack , but the kit came with a spare so i used that ,
i than begain to take off and install each ball link 10 times to make sure they wont crack... i hope lol
Old 02-14-2016, 04:25 PM   #760 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
On a footnote I just tried to remove the grommets from the canopy and it tore with finger pressure only! QUALITY!
For this reason I installed align grommets, but my canopy came in good condition, not like yours lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in