Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I read that rolls and flips were slow but...

...Holy mackerel, I could have gone for coffee. I flew the 700E with the Microbeast for the first time today. Without changing anything from stock settings, the heli flew great and the annoying tail wag was gone. When I went to flip it it was painfully slow. I changed to Extreme mode and it was still very slow.

Can anyone please tell me how to speed the roll and flip rate up. The 3G system wasn't perfect in the tail category but the Heli flipped with amazing speed. I have all of the default dial settings.

Thanks in advance.
Jim
rctazz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

set to tx mode and adjust the rates in your tx, theres a good tuning guide in the sticky section
Old 05-15-2011, 02:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

did you set your cyclic limit to the maximum possible? So 12~14degrees IIRC.
If you would put it in TX mode and you dont notice any faster flip/roll rates when increasing endpoints then your cyclic limit is probably the limiting factor. Or your headspeed or just the setup.
DannyvG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

TX mode. 110 atv's on elev/ail.

Setting up max cyclic limit properly is important too.
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the replies. I checked the max throw of the elevator and aileron. They were at 8 degrees. During the initial max cyclic step, I eliminated all servo noise essentially and only got a red light (obviously not enough cyclic). So I went through the setup process again, went just a tiny bit farther and got a blue light. I checked Aileron and elevator pitch after setup and they were about 11.5 degrees. That is with +/- 13 degrees of collective. I won't have a chance to try it until Tuesday I do have a servo buzz at one extreme at full negative and one extreme at full positive but I must have had it with the 3G as well and just not noticed it because I had +/-13 pitch with 12 Aileron/Elevator.

I have Outrage BL9180 cyclic servos and the Align ball links actually touch the servo at extreme swash movement. Not the Carbon rod or end cap but the servo horn itself. I am using the Align metal servo wheels with the ball mounted on the inside. I tried mounting the balls on the outside but the end cap of the carbon rod contacts the servo wheel in that configuration. I also tried mounting the servos with and without spacers. If I could find a servo wheel that had a longer standoff from the servo, I would be golden. The stock Outrage wheel is actually worse.

If anyone knows a fix for the servo ball contacting the servo or how to successfully mount the servo rod on the outside of the wheel, please let me know.

Thanks again.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm confused about your comment the servo ball. I have mine maxed out on the limits and the link does not touch the servo.

With the 700, you should be far into the blue light before any interaction.
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helico-pteron View Post
I'm confused about your comment the servo ball. I have mine maxed out on the limits and the link does not touch the servo.

With the 700, you should be far into the blue light before any interaction.

What servos do you have? I have Outrage BL9180 servos. The case design is slightly different than the DS610 servos. In other words, with the servo wheel installed on the 9180, the distance between the servo case and wheel is smaller than on the DS610
Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctazz View Post
What servos do you have? I have Outrage BL9180 servos. The case design is slightly different than the DS610 servos. In other words, with the servo wheel installed on the 9180, the distance between the servo case and wheel is smaller than on the DS610
I understand now, not much you can do about that I guess.
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 04:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

\oops

Last edited by emberjelly; 05-16-2011 at 04:02 AM.. Reason: didn't read whole thread
emberjelly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 06:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try putting longer balls on the swash or using the outer holes on the bell crank to change the amount of servo travel required to move the blade grips. You should try some combinations of these two things to get rid of the servo binding. Keep in mind, it is very important that you still get 6 degrees on step J.
JohnThompson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 12:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just to close the loop on this post.

First, thank you for all of the responses. Turns out, The servo wheels did not sit far enough away from my Outrage BL9180 Cyclic servos, so...the push-pull rods would bind against the case of the servo (as stated above). I found two fixes:

1. I put spacers (Trex450 sport feathering shaft spacers) inside the splined portion of the servo wheel which moved the servo wheel out about 1mm. This provided all the clearance I needed. Currently using this method.

2. The second thing I found that worked was Dubro Super strength long servo arms (Futaba Splined). Each pack comes with 2 double sided arms. The arms have longer standoffs than the Align or QuickUK servo wheels. After drilling holes for the proper distance and cutting off the excess, they work well too.

I can now get 14 degrees of collective with over 13 degrees of cyclic and no binding.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctazz View Post
1. I put spacers (Trex450 sport feathering shaft spacers) inside the splined portion of the servo wheel which moved the servo wheel out about 1mm. This provided all the clearance I needed. Currently using this method.
Am I reading this right that you chose less spline contact between the servo wheel and the servo output shaft to correct this issue?

I don't wish to appear to be an alarmist, but don't you think that's unsafe?
Please tell me you are using metal servo wheels.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael503 View Post
Am I reading this right that you chose less spline contact between the servo wheel and the servo output shaft to correct this issue? Yes

I don't wish to appear to be an alarmist, A little bit
but don't you think that's unsafe? Not at all
Please tell me you are using metal servo wheels. And Yes
It is spaced out 1 mm with about 4 mm of spline still in contact. Not going anywhere. I did tons of Tic Tocs on Sunday with no sign of issue on the servo wheels. I would be more concerned about the tiny piece of plastic on the top of the ball link being the weak link.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in