Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default arrest?

so what happened? Did you get the heli back and did they arrest the guy?
bgray0067 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 11:18 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I'll be lookin out for you brother

I am in Augusta. I will keep an eye out here as well
Cytoranger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytoranger View Post
I am in Augusta. I will keep an eye out here as well
These helis were stolen three years ago. This is not a recent incident or thread. The OP saw one of them at a meet about 4 months ago, and knew it was his because of index marks he had made on it, as well as few other personal things.

I think the chance of anyone other than the OP recognizing them after this amount of time is slim to none. It would be very unlikely that they look exactly the same after being flown for three years now.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Just got Robbed!!!

Hope they get caught
Old 03-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hate people who steal
Old 08-28-2017, 12:18 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was talking to a friend about this the other day and it occurred to me that maybe I should google the "incident." Yes I was the guy with the Heli

Heres what happened:
1. Bought a heli at a flea market because it was a great deal.
2. Didn't consider it to be stolen because who steals a rc helicopter.
3. The guy who sold it to me was selling a ton of other r/c stuff so it wasnt an odd item
4. A complete stranger at a fly in walks up to me in front of my friends, wife and business partners insinuating that I personally had something to do with his break in and I have his property.
5. I get pissed after that...(you would too)
6. I hand the helicopter over to the police and meet with them TWICE over the course of following 2 weeks.
7. I offer to show the cops exactly where to find the guy that sold it to me along with names and pictures.
8. Cops never talk to the guy
9. He's still selling stuff at the flea market.
10. OP speaks to me at a different event and we buried the crap...Presumably, because he realized that we know a whole lot of the same people (i.e. Daniel Green) and im not some asshole that steals or knowingly buys stolen stuff.

Yea this is a super old thread, but I figured I should get that out in the open.
acidkindred likes this.

Last edited by wawsha; 08-28-2017 at 12:36 AM..
wawsha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2017, 08:09 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

And did you follow up with the guy who sold you stolen goods, and try and get your 250 back?
Old 09-14-2017, 12:00 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawsha View Post
I was talking to a friend about this the other day and it occurred to me that maybe I should google the "incident." Yes I was the guy with the Heli

Heres what happened:
3. The guy who sold it to me was selling a ton of other r/c stuff so it wasnt an odd item
4. A complete stranger at a fly in walks up to me in front of my friends, wife and business partners insinuating that I personally had something to do with his break in and I have his property.
6. I hand the helicopter over to the police and meet with them TWICE over the course of following 2 weeks.
7. I offer to show the cops exactly where to find the guy that sold it to me along with names and pictures.
10. OP speaks to me at a different event and we buried the crap...Presumably, because he realized that we know a whole lot of the same people (i.e. Daniel Green) and im not some asshole that steals or knowingly buys stolen stuff.

Yea this is a super old thread, but I figured I should get that out in the open.
wow - sucks. Shows we have to even be very careful what we buy used.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4711 View Post
wow - sucks. Shows we have to even be very careful what we buy used.
That and 90% of the stuff at a flea market is stolen....At least in my neck of the woods
Old 09-15-2017, 12:15 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawsha View Post

Heres what happened:

WOW that is crazy. i don't go to many flew markets but i would wonder something if i seen real name brand RC stuff at one.

Kinda makes you think how much stolen stuff it out there being re sold. i mean we really have no way to know if something is stolen our frames and stuff don't have ID numbers on them like cars and stuff. we would like to trust most but some bad people in this world also

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2017, 06:15 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmaeus View Post
That and 90% of the stuff at a flea market is stolen....At least in my neck of the woods
Since I do not go to flee markets and last thing to expect there would be RC heli's I have zero experience like that. Last time buying used equipment for me was around 2010.

Still amazed how those things sometimes seem to turn out.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

So did the OP ever get his heli back or is it still at the donut shop(police dept.) ? Maybe the buyer has that info as well?
Youngbuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngbuck View Post
the donut shop(police dept.)
really?

you must actually be a young buck
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in