Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DIY or 3rd party main shaft collar replacements

With everyone making their own main shafts, what are you doing for replacement a collar? I have broken 2 of these in the last day and don't want to get a main shaft just to get a new collar.

I am going to go to the LHS and hope one of these will fit, anyone know of any others that may/will work.

http://hobbyhobby.com/store/product/...-125-CP-125-F/

If there's noting available I will get the microheli main shaft just to get the collar, has anyone tried this yet?
khogan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to break those?
ELightshow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I found a part that looks like it should work, HMXE8522 Outer Rotor shaft Axe CX Micro. Its metal and was only 3 bucks. It fits around the solid 3mm rod nicely, the only problem could be if the rim is too large and the bearing wont move right. I will report back after testing it.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am not sure how these broke, probably crashing inverted on pavement. Need to get back over the grass. First time the main shaft and collar broke after crashing inverted, then I replaced with a msr main shaft. Now the msr main shaft has a vertical crack and the collar is split. I started getting really bad vibrations and i think this broken collar is why. The msr main shaft worked but I think it could be weaker because it has a bunch of holes drilled in it for other stuff on the msr.

now I am gonna make a solid shaft and try this helimax collar and hope it works out.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

This part works well IMO, I flew 3 batteries and did a flip in my backyard, i had not been able to do that before. crashed a bunch of times but it was on long grass.

I have not made my own main shaft yet, I am using the msr main shaft but this part seems better than the stock when making your own shaft because the screw does not go all the way through the collar so you could file a small flat instead of having to drill a hole. probably don't even need the flat but would be better.

My scale does not weigh in .00g but this registers as 0.2g while the stock as 0.0g

here is a pic of it on my heli

Hosted by imgur.com

and here is a pic of the part

Hosted by imgur.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in