Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Noobie needs help with vibe 50

What's the difference between vibe 50 and vibe50 3d pro?

I just got a Vibe 50 here on helifreak from a guy, and I am super excited.. But just wanna know what manual to download. I don't have the bird in hand but have the photos. Now what's the difference in the two!!? V3d and vibe 50?

Ok, 120 and 140 swash... How do I know what is the bird setup on ? I have a dx6i so I am not sure if it supports the 140 system.

Could you please help me with the manual? Was there ever a belt version? Can it be upgraded to TT if needed?

Let me know y'all.. I am new to the jr world.

Where's the best place for its parts?
Goblin Gasser TRM VX310TT Align MJ Design DTS 700N 91 HZ-R 3D Blackout Extreme Gasser #4 MCPX BL 2 iX12

Gaba
Rahulgaba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

IIRC, the Vibe 50 and the Vibe 3D are the same heli. V3D is the code used for parts compatibility.

The DX6i doesn't support 140 degree swash, but you can use it with a mix. You will have to see the swash to see which one it is set up for. Or ask the seller.

The manual is available on the JR or Horizon site. This is after a simple search with Google - http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/JR_VIBE_50_Manual.pdf

No, there was no belt drive model of the Vibe 50 for the US market. The same heli was sold outside the US in a belt drive model. Also a couple of cpies/clones that were belt drive.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hey thanks for the update.. What's the difference in flying with a 120 and a 140 swash?

And the heli had the smaller arms on the swash not the longer one in the pics.. Is that 120 or 140... Here is a pic..

Let me know !!

Thanks!
Goblin Gasser TRM VX310TT Align MJ Design DTS 700N 91 HZ-R 3D Blackout Extreme Gasser #4 MCPX BL 2 iX12

Gaba
Old 01-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I found out that's a 120 setup..

Gaba
Old 01-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The difference is that 140 gets the actual servo throws closer for pitch (fore/aft) motion. Not a huge difference.

Some good pilots tested a while back and decided that if your Tx supports 140, run it. If not, don't worry, 120 works fine.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Old 02-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The difference is that 140 gets the actual servo throws closer for pitch (fore/aft) motion
Right. On the Vibe 50 and the 50 NEX the 140 has an extension on the two front of the swash attachment points that screws on for the aileron and pitch about an Inch long each . Other than that, and the pitch/aileron servos being rotated 180 degrees to address what Pinecone mentioned that's the only difference.
Even being fairly new at heli's even I can tell a difference, a big one, between the 120/140 set-ups. To me it's flat smoother, and the system in and of itself has less servo interaction. However, for lots of folks the 120 degree set-up may be plenty smooth.
Ron's HeliProz South can get you a belt drive conversion kit for the Vibe 50/NEX50 straight from JR in Japan. I got one just for the hell of it, plus if I thrash the boom I didn't want to order ...and pay...for all the direct drive stuff. Doug
Old 02-07-2012, 04:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome! I'll keep that in mind.

Also, the bird I got has a bad engine. Now I am trying to pull the fan... No luck. Any tricks?

Help! It's on there like with superhuman force.. :/

Gaba
Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try unscrewing it. There are two tapered collets that are brass. They can get squeezed into the threads.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Old 02-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah I heated it, and then tried unscrewing it... Lol, I didn't wanna break the fan cause that's plastic, So only do much I could do, but still nothing. :/

Gaba
Old 04-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Suggest you get the correct JR fan puller from your LHS as it makes the job easy and protects the engines crankshaft.
dynoman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you do get the fan hub puller know that as it does the job it is intended for just fine, but do use longer bolts than what it comes supplied with to screw into the hub. I have read that the short bolts supplied with it could sometimes strip the threads in the clutch hub. It worked just fine for me using longer bolts.
Jr Vibe 50, Beastx, all Futaba servos OS55hz, Hatori sab 50, Radix
Punkin71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Punkin.. You are right about the bolts. I bought it last month. And yes it stripped my screw holes :/.. Now even to install it I used longer screws ...

It helped a little but stripped more... But in the end, hub was just loose enough that I just twisted the whole thing with my hand. Lol

Gaba

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in